Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ho ho ho! It's...The Christmas Challenge!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm tempted to say the TARDIS, but I doubt the Doctor would be willing to sell...

Otherwise, something like what RainInSpain said - means to travel world-wide, and funds to properly support myself when I am in the UK, or New Zealand, or wherever.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...I wouldn't mind having a pirate ship. Not sure where I'd get one though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Brice, how dare you question my integrity!

We are talking Junior Mints, right? How many?...

2. Where, and with whom, will you be eating Christmas dinner this year?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

All you can eat...FOREVER.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Eve at my son's house with all my mom's side of the family, Christmas day at my house with whomever shows up whenever they get here

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    1. If money, availability, age, room etc were no object, what would be your ultimate gift this Christmas? (Must be something that can/could be purchased)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

just a regular copy, Jean?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    My student loans paid off. Technically, they can be purchased...
    This...exactly.

2. Where, and with whom, will you be eating Christmas dinner this year?[/QUOTE]
    I will be eating alone because my roommates are going out of town and I have to work.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Somebody is getting a book.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. If money, availability, age, room etc were no object, what would be your ultimate gift this Christmas? (Must be something that can/could be purchased)
    I really think that this new book --
    Global Warming and the Risen LORD: Christian Discipleship and Climate Change by Jim Ball
    -- will provide insights & arguments I've been trying for a while now to find words for to use in my work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    ...You're not allowed to be so benevolent - the question forces you to be materialistic...

Church.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Eve with Matt's mom's side of the family, eating all sorts of random foods. Christmas Day at my Aunt Pam's with my dad's side of the family, and we're having ham (which my grandmother promptly bitched about ).

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Most likely at my house in Sioux City, with my sister and maybe my home. Plans could easily change, though...I never know the plans very far in advance....

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With my Mom and Dad, at their place (they are also in St.Pete).
    Ahh, my Mom's 'napoleon' cake (family recipe) - mmm, sweet childhood memories...
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Question one: My ultimate gift would be these three things, A nice 4 bedroom house with a pool, and a playroom for the kids; my student loans paid off; and a Subaru all wheel drive car.

Question two: I will most likely spend Christmas Eve at my parents house. I will be spending it with my kids and husband. On Christmas Day I will be a my husband's parents. I will be spending it with my husband and kids, aunts and uncles.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Eve at my house with my mom's side of the family, plus a lot of family friends. My brothers and I have a ton of Jewish friends, and there are usually about 14 Jewish people there In total there are about 50 to 55 people at my house, not to mention 8 kids between the ages of 7 months and 3 years. It's a lot of fun.
    Christmas Day is at my aunt's house, with my mom's side of the family again (Dad doesn't have any family), but it's a lot more low key. I usually end up falling asleep around 4 in the afternoon, and everyone is usually a little hungover. It's still a lot of fun though, and I love watching the little kids open presents.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hmm...I wouldn't mind having a pirate ship. Not sure where I'd get one though.
    My favorite response. I assume you mean a gift for me. I honestly don't know. I'm not materialistic and for me, the thought and effort someone puts in to getting me something means so much. So, I will say everything my kids want this year (except for that damned Magic Elf.) Maybe a laptop for me, if I were to be extravagant.

Question 2: I don't get Christmas Dinner anymore since the girls' great grandmother died (yes, I kept custody of her in the divorce). We will get together for finger foods and snacks at my aunt's house (mom's sister) Christmas afternoon and then my girls leave me for almost a week.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Eve we go over my Grandma's house (mom's side) and eat dinner and dessert. Then the best part ever: 30+ people cramming into the living room to open presents. People on the couches, spread on the floor, staircase, standing. It's so great. We're Italian so we're all talking over each other and being loud. I love it.

On Christmas Day we open presents--while watching the 24 hr. marathon of A Christmas Story!!--and I (my favorite thing ever) have a very balanced breakfast of chocolate chip cookies. Last year we went over my Aunt's house (dad's side), but I think we might be having it this year. More food, presents, and laughing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    Brice, how dare you question my integrity!

We are talking Junior Mints, right? How many?...

And with that Junior Mints admission, I just finally figured out who Lisey Landon was.

But to answer the question, I'll be having Christmas dinner in Lexington, Kentucky at my Aunt Mary and Uncle Mitch's house. Besides my aunt and uncle, both my grandparents will be there, along with my two cousins, Katie and Andrew, my mom, my sister and her husband, then me, my husband and my 2 step-kids. Oh, and my 94 year old great-aunt will be there too.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

We will finally be having a Christmas on our own so no parents, no in laws and no siblings
    I set my foot down and didn't care if the mother in law was upset about it.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Question 1 - my four kids college loans paid off

Question 2 - my house - snacks only with all my kids and their significant others and my Grandson Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    And with that Junior Mints admission, I just finally figured out who Lisey Landon was.

On Christmas Day Rob and I get woken up about 6am by the kids and we go downstairs to open our presents together. Then we go to my parents house and meet my sisters and their kids there and exchange more presents, then we go to Rob's parents and swap gifts with his brothers and sister and their children. We're staying there for lunch this year, all his cousins are coming over too so there will be about 20 of us all crammed into the kitchen eating, I love spending it with loads of people, we didn't live near any of our relatives when I was younger.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

will be spending it with hubby's family this year as my sister told me she is going to visit her dad this year in Oklahoma.(we live in TX)
    Hopefully i won't have to hear the stupid stuff i hear every year at the inlaws. If I do, I will be outside with my E_cig ignoring everyone.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I'll be on duty at the hospital.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well I would first say to get my book published, but if that doesn't count:

A personal trainer

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

3. Which tv show Christmas special are you most looking forward to?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast