Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: J.N. Williamson's Illustrated Masques-Gauntlet Press King Lettered

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very true Tippy.

Exciting news however it turns out.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeez...
    Not a clue.
    Jerome, any idea on when next week?
    I will be traveling again next week (Dallas), and do not want to miss out.
    Karl

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no inside information whatsoever. Jerome is extremely tight-lipped.

Question for the group:

First, Karen has stated that DMG is not the publisher of this project.

So considering that CD handled the very recent and ongoing back-to-back signed limited editions of BLOCKADE BILLY and FDNS, do you guys think that increases or decreases the odds of King using CD again so soon?

Personally I would not be shocked if it were CD, but I would be surprised.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gauntlet has had Battleground up on their website for quite a while. Maybe it is finally ready - http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...R_ID=144353717

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I think it will be a project that people already are aware of that is now nearing completion. Battleground from Gauntlet is one possibility and the reprint of Dark Masques from Cemetery Dance, which has been an unannounced project from CD for quite some time, could also be close enough for an announcement.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Could it be the ridiculously late (14 years) LEGACIES? It would be interesting to hear the full story on the delays of this book. I don't think CD has ever been entirely forthcoming on the reasons for the record setting delays.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If not, I suspect they've said all they plan to say publicly. I know a lot of people were upset by that (and rightly so), but I just can't imagine there being much more explained publicly. I look at it as they've fucked up some in the past, but are trying to do better, but then they've never had my money. I'm sure I'd be upset if they had my money that long and I hadn't seen an expected book.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Legacies supposedly IS being released imminently...so it's not that (or at least that's not a new announcement).

A Centipede "Shining" would get me excited...but that and a Grant release (which I guess it won't be) are all I can forsee an interest in....but we'll see...

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

As someone who CD does have my money for Legacies I have a very different opinion. I purchased Legacies in 1998, expecting to have it shortly after I purchased it. When the delays began CD offered free books or discounts on books when a new delay was announced. At some point in the process they stated that they must stop providing the free items or discounts but I was free to request a refund if I tired of waiting. At some point they also said they would stop providing updates until they had the books in hand. On occasion I would send an email to CD asking for an update, they would say they had no update but would provide a refund if I wanted one. Each time I declined the refund. As they stated a few years back the next time I saw mention of Legacies from CD they had the completed books in their hands. They now estimate the tray cases will be compete soon and I should see the book in January of 2011. In my opinion CD owes me nothing more than the book. I would loved to have this book many years ago but I appreciate the way CD treated me during my wait. I will admit that waiting for the book rather than taking a refund was risky since the company may have gone out of business during my wait. I felt it was worth the risk and also felt I really would not be out much since they had given me free books and discount on other books early in the process. Just my opinion on the much discussed subject of Legacies.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know (I've been talking with some publishers before this thread was created), I don't think it has to do with CD or Grant. I doubt it'd be Centipede Press.

My guess is Gauntlet or PS Publishing.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to remember that the title of this thread is a "New King Book S/L)" not a new book with a King story in it. Maybe I'm being overly picky here, but I have the feeling that Randall said just what he meant there.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    As someone who CD does have my money for Legacies I have a very different opinion. I purchased Legacies in 1998, expecting to have it shortly after I purchased it. When the delays began CD offered free books or discounts on books when a new delay was announced. At some point in the process they stated that they must stop providing the free items or discounts but I was free to request a refund if I tired of waiting. At some point they also said they would stop providing updates until they had the books in hand. On occasion I would send an email to CD asking for an update, they would say they had no update but would provide a refund if I wanted one. Each time I declined the refund. As they stated a few years back the next time I saw mention of Legacies from CD they had the completed books in their hands. They now estimate the tray cases will be compete soon and I should see the book in January of 2011. In my opinion CD owes me nothing more than the book. I would loved to have this book many years ago but I appreciate the way CD treated me during my wait. I will admit that waiting for the book rather than taking a refund was risky since the company may have gone out of business during my wait. I felt it was worth the risk and also felt I really would not be out much since they had given me free books and discount on other books early in the process. Just my opinion on the much discussed subject of Legacies.
    What might have been more appropriate would have been if they refunded the money to you and kept a reservation in your name for the book, when and if, it got published. No matter how you slice it, and whether anyone cares or not, to hold someone's money INTEREST FREE for over twelve years is simply not right. You'd never let a bank get away with it and rightly so.

Nevertheless, I realize at this stage its more or less a moot point, but what they did was akin to a hostage situation. No amount of apologies can set the matter straight.

But that is of course just MHO. To each his own.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You have to remember that the title of this thread is a "New King Book S/L)" not a new book with a King story in it. Maybe I'm being overly picky here, but I have the feeling that Randall said just what he meant there.

John
    You know John, when I read your post, I thought, you were being overly picky.

But the more I think on it, you are right...if it was a S/L by another author in which King did an introduction, or an antholology by a bunch of different authors, my guess is that RF would have called this thread NEW S/L WITH KING SIGNATURE.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we need to think "Outside the Box". Could it be something from Marvel & the Comics????????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I really think we at Grant need to.raise our hands a little higher in order to get some King.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I really think we at Grant need to raise our hands a little higher in order to get some King.
    Agreed!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease Karen.

Tell Robert to get squeakin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Maybe we need to think "Outside the Box". Could it be something from Marvel & the Comics????????
    God I hope not.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I really think we at Grant need to raise our hands a little higher in order to get some King.
    Agreed!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease Karen.

Tell Robert to get squeakin'!

God I hope not.
    Well, that's somewhat pessimistic. I mean I'm not exactly "in love" with them, but there have been quite a few arcs and accompanying HC releases. They might be gathering them all up to make a "complete" arc Ltd Ed for the DT series. Especially, since it's mostly "New" stuff. Anyway, its plausible and could be cool I suppose depending on how they did it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jerome!!! How about a "warmer"/"colder" kinda thing? I mean what, will they Sue you? We're among friends here. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever said this was about Stephen King?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Hey Jerome!!! How about a "warmer"/"colder" kinda thing? I mean what, will they Sue you? We're among friends here. LOL
    Agree. It's a fan message board...not Wikileaks....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed Rahfa!!!!!!! You already "Spilt the Beans", C'mon let us in!!! Or are you one of the "select few"????

Give it up!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Whoever said this was about Stephen King?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I would be surprised if it had anything to do with the comic arcs.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really think we at Grant need to.raise our hands a little higher in order to get some King.
    I don't thinks so Karen. Grant has published eight King Dark Tower books. No other small publisher has had anywhere near this many books. Grant will also get the latest one he is currebtly writing.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Cemetery Dance "Dark Masques" proof says the publication date is December 2010. (I know, it's CD and this means nothing)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dark-Masques-Adv...item336357f36d

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast