Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Twins, Twinners & Reincarnations (Spoilers all around!!!)

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Makes you wonder what other "touch" Alain might have been gifted with.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland has no Twinners, he is special. Jack has no Twinners, he is special. Walter has many and can "flip" to them at will. Jack is also similar to Walter because Jack can "flip" to different levels of the tower. The difference is that Jack has no Twinner to flip opposite him. Talisman and Black House are my favorite DT connectors because of "flipping" and Twinners.

Along the Path of the Beam Childe 007 is on a distinguished road Childe 007's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Roland has no Twinners, he is special. Jack has no Twinners, he is special. Walter has many and can "flip" to them at will. Jack is also similar to Walter because Jack can "flip" to different levels of the tower. The difference is that Jack has no Twinner to flip opposite him. Talisman and Black House are my favorite DT connectors because of "flipping" and Twinners.
    Hmm - Ok, goes to the same heart of these wizards being Legion - and the thing about Jack - he is singular as seen in The Talisman:

For a moment all partitioned reality seemed to break down; he did not flip but seemed to fall through worlds - like a man crashing through the rotted floors of an ancient wooden tower. He might just go falling through a chain of realities forever. He was single natured - he had a place in all of the worlds - but he did not exist simultaneously in all of them - that was the difference. He was flickering through all of them, only for a millisecond and leaving a sound like a hand clap or a sonic boom behind as the air closed around the space he had been occupying.
    But I believe that when we left him at the end of Black House he could still just flip to the one "other" reality - The Territories - where Walter/ Marten/ Flagg can visit them all (maybe except The Territories?)

And the idea of Walter being able to willingly flip to his alter ego's - regardless of where they may be would explain all of those personality differences...

Very nice MOnteGss!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Childe 007 View Post
    He was single natured - he had a place in all of the worlds - but he did not exist simultaneously in all of them - that was the difference. He was flickering through all of them, only for a millisecond and leaving a sound like a hand clap or a sonic boom behind as the air closed around the space he had been occupying.
    But I believe that when we left him at the end of Black House he could still just flip to the one "other" reality - The Territories -
    This is true but doesn't change my argument. He can "flip" when he wants and we don't know that it is only to The Territories.

where Walter/ Marten/ Flagg can visit them all (maybe except The Territories?)
    I think he can go where ever he has a Twinner. He is bound to Twinners.

And the idea of Walter being able to willingly flip to his alter ego's - regardless of where they may be would explain all of those personality differences...
    You say true and I say thankya. The Jack Sawyer stories are, imo, the most important connector books.

Along the Path of the Beam Childe 007 is on a distinguished road Childe 007's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He was single natured - he had a place in all of the worlds - but he did not exist simultaneously in all of them - that was the difference. He was flickering through all of them, only for a millisecond and leaving a sound like a hand clap or a sonic boom behind as the air closed around the space he had been occupying.
    But I believe that when we left him at the end of Black House he could still just flip to the one "other" reality - The Territories - [/QUOTE]
    This is true but doesn't change my argument. He can "flip" when he wants and we don't know that it is only to The Territories.

I think that the quote I included shows that he not only CAN - but did. What I meant with the Black House reference is that he - at the time we left him - CHOSE not to.

where Walter/ Marten/ Flagg can visit them all (maybe except The Territories?)
    I think he can go where ever he has a Twinner. He is bound to Twinners.

And I like this! But if he has a twinner in the Territories we haven't seen him yet (unless it was Reuel - who was "dim" according to the Wolfs.) And his twinners can also move between the worlds. The trick with that is that they can't be in the same world/ reality at the same moment. So while Walter may move into Flagg and Flagg may move into Marten - Marten must move to another world/ reality/ level of the Tower.

You say true and I say thankya. The Jack Sawyer stories are, imo, the most important connector books.[/QUOTE]

Along with The Stand - I'd agree!

Country
    Country Flag

And I like this! But if he has a twinner in the Territories we haven't seen him yet (unless it was Reuel - who was "dim" according to the Wolfs.) And his twinners can also move between the worlds. The trick with that is that they can't be in the same world/ reality at the same moment. So while Walter may move into Flagg and Flagg may move into Marten - Marten must move to another world/ reality/ level of the Tower.
    Yes!!! This is just like what happens to the Twinners in The Talisman and applies to Flagg (etc) the same way.
    Walt, Flagg, Marten, etc are the "same person" but they are not; they are twinners.

The Jack Sawyer stories are, imo, the most important connector books.[/B]
    Along with The Stand - I'd agree!
    I think The Stand is a good story and does connect to the Tower series but I believe the Jack stories offer us a greater understanding of the Tower and the DT saga. The Stand connections weren't, at least to me, all that important.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I think The Stand is a good story and does connect to the Tower series but I believe the Jack stories offer us a greater understanding of the Tower and the DT saga. The Stand connections weren't, at least to me, all that important.
    I agree in regards to Black House but the Talisman doesn't seem to have an awful lot of direct Dark Tower connections.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I agree in regards to Black House but the Talisman doesn't seem to have an awful lot of direct Dark Tower connections.
    I am referring to the importance of the Twinner concept and of "flipping." This is from The Talisman.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I don't care what you were referring to you stupid, worthless piece of bumbler shit. Take your copy of the Talisman (hardcover preferred) and shove it up your ass and then hop around squeeling in agony for awhile, take pictures and post them all over the internet.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Please.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

He's got ya there, he did ask nicely

Country
    Country Flag

Alas...I only have the paperback edition.

That will work too.

Okay, bringing the thread back on topic for a moment..(sorry) if Monte shoved a hard or soft cover version of the Talisman up his ass and danced around squeeling in this world, does that mean his twinners would be doing the same in all the other worlds?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

He would be using a hot branding iron, because thats how they write, on animal skins

Country
    Country Flag

No, it doesn't. Life paths are similar but they aren't copies of one another. Their actions aren't duplicated.

No, it doesn't. Life paths are similar but they aren't copies of one another. Their actions aren't duplicated.
    They may feel some other trauma in the same physiological region.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Now I wonder if Walter really has twinners so much or just different parts of one being.

Country
    Country Flag

A man who can split apart? Hmmm. Interesting thought.

More like one being with its facets actual individual entities..thats what I believe Walter had become over his thousand plus years of sorcery.

More like one being with its facets actual individual entities..thats what I believe Walter had become over his thousand plus years of sorcery.
    So he was his own ka-tet, one from many? All puns aside, I like your theory on Walter's nature.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I can see the reasoning behind this. MAkes sence to me

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, with your interpretation, I can see why you'd think The Talisman isn't such an integral book in the series. I still believe the concept of Twinners is closer to the truth of things but the idea of such a powerful being as you describe is pretty cool too.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So CK, kind of like Voldemort with his horcruxes?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, bringing the thread back on topic for a moment..(sorry) if Monte shoved a hard or soft cover version of the Talisman up his ass and danced around squeeling in this world, does that mean his twinners would be doing the same in all the other worlds?
    Rereading Black House, I just got to the moment where Jack notices scar on Sophie's hand, identical to the one on Judy's hand, and thinks that, even if they were caused by different events, he is sure it happened at the same moment.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast