Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll

13 44.83%
  • Monk

16 55.17%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 11)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 11)

vs.
    Monk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Monk.

John

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

went for 24

it was just WOW when that show first started - it was a new concept thats hard to remember now

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

MONK

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't watch either.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Didn't watch either.
    Not even 24? I heard a lot of buzz about it years ago and got the first season on DVD. Meaning to watch just one or two episodes one night after work I ended up watching about seven or eight into the wee hours into the morning. I could not stop. It was just sooooo addicting and good. Watch it ASAP!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Didn't watch either.
    Not even 24? I heard a lot of buzz about it years ago and got the first season on DVD. Meaning to watch just one or two episodes one night after work I ended up watching about seven or eight into the wee hours into the morning. I could not stop. It was just sooooo addicting and good. Watch it ASAP!
    What pablo said, only I watched the whole first season in one weekend. I'm rather surprised you haven't checked it out to be honest, feev. True, the later seasons weren't quite as great as the early ones, and I've lost interest in the show since season 6, but I still highly recommend it.

If only it wasn't up against Monk, though. Easily one of the most enjoyable shows I've watched from the US. So refreshing to watch something that doesn't aim to be totally serious or dark and just focus on something light hearted but still well written - Monk's endings of "Here's what happened" are always great to watch, as well as how he continually causes problems for himself due to his OCD. Hmmm, I'm gonna have to give this one some thought.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Dodge
    True, the later seasons weren't quite as great as the early ones, and I've lost interest in the show since season 6, but I still highly recommend it.
    Something tells me you didn't watch season seven and eight...which were just awesome. Greatest stuff they've done. More drama and character development then action/suspense. Fantastic stuff.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

MONK!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Monk.
    Totally.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely love Monk.

Plus, I totally hate 24.

C'mon, Monk!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Plus, I totally hate 24.
    How come? I think it was a rather groundbreaking series what with the real-time aspect and all.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I probably shouldn't get into too much detail on my opinions of it... they're rather political.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I probably shouldn't get into too much detail on my opinions of it... they're rather political.
    Well I don't see why not. Should be interesting ...

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps, but y'know, I already have a half a dozen threads I'd like to develop on this website when I get spare time. I hate to stir up controversy on complex subjects in a venue like this one. Let's just say that when I've watched it, I didn't find it as realistic as most people say they do. I'm not into action for action's sake; I'm the type who always wants to know what the point is.

Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough.

Meanwhile I can't believe 24 is losing though. Monk is a good series, but I thought 24 would be leading by now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jack Bauer isn't one to anger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW71oeW8uRg

24 is a great series. season 6 was the only weak season but they made up for it with seasons 7 and 8, which was their best stuff. They really ended on a high note. Can't wait for the movie.

There's plenty of point to the show Path. You'd probably like the last two seasons the best, especially the final. Show became very character driven and relied less on action and more on dialogue and the acting to fuel the show.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Movie? I thought that was dead. Any news on it?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I wasn't saying that it had no point. Just not sure that I like it so much. But, okay: if I get a chance, I'll try the later seasons.

ETA: Meanwhile, Monk still is great. Vote for Monk!

Country
    Country Flag

Vote for Monk!
    Please don't

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I LOVED 24... the first few seasons. Then, it just became a little too predictable.
    That being said, I have watched several episodes of Monk and I just find him annoying.

Jack Bauer is much better
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Don't forget the most important thing about 24: not the (usually) great plotlines per day, not the twists and turns, but what it brought to us all: Jack Bauer facts!

Jack Bauer doesn't need to search the internet, he just stares a computer down until it gives him the information he needs.

Kiefer Sutherland drinks to forget all the terrible things Jack Bauer has done.

Harry Houdini is the world's second greatest escape artist. The First is Jack Bauer. I never saw Houdini bite a guy's neck in order to escape.

Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

A Priest, a Rabbi, and a Minister walked into a bar... and Jack Bauer is going to find out why...

General gunfight rule: shoot first, ask questions later. Bauer gunfight rule: shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more, and when everyone's dead, ask a couple o' questions.

Jack Bauer doesn't dodge bullets. Bullets dodge Jack Bauer.

Yep, Mattrick's right, I definitely need to get back into this show!

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    ...I have watched several episodes of Monk and I just find him annoying.
    Yeah, but in a good way.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    ...I have watched several episodes of Monk and I just find him annoying.
    Yeah, but in a good way.
    Now that, I can definitely agree with!

Or maybe I just love shows with extremely clever but bonkers lead characters.

- Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Or maybe I just love shows with extremely clever but bonkers lead characters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast