Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: King Catalog - Naming Convention

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, an example is the newly changed 'Salem's Lot-Gift. If you were to click on the link to see all Gift Editions, It is listed as 'Salem's Lot-Gift Edition.
    We couldn't figure out how to change that one to eliminate the extra word (Edition). Once you actually click on the link, the title is correct, just not initially. If that doesn't make sense, I can post screen shots.
    The other item we would like eliminate is the Presentation cross reference. It should be integrated with the Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions. If you wanted to change the name it could be called: Signed, Numbered, Lettered, PC Editions

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I gotcha.

I will figure that out when I get back, the links under the "books" should change when the title is edited since its just a link to the same place.

But I will totally look in to it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. I worked up to the "S" listings.
    The ones I have questions about so far are:
    • Gerald's Game-the free Advance reading Copy given out at the ABA covention-I just labled it ARC.
    • Secret Windows. This is a Book of the Month Club hardcover. I just labled it BOM HC.
    • Skeleton Crew Publishers Check Copy 1/1-I left that alone as it's rather unique, but I'm happy for suggestions.
    • Stephen King (Omnibus collection)- I labled it as Trade HC Omnibus.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The other item we would like eliminate is the Presentation cross reference. It should be integrated with the Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions. If you wanted to change the name it could be called: Signed, Numbered, Lettered, PC Editions
    I agree something like this is unnecessary

The Drawing of the Three-Slipcased Signed Limited 1/850

I don't think we need to know how many copies there were or if it was slipcased. Just use:

The Drawing of the Three - Limited Edition

And that says it all in my opinion. They click on the link and then they'll get the extra info.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff, I agree. We'll probably go with: The Drawing of the Three - S/L

RF, great work today!

Oh, Matt. You were totally the right person to build the Catalog. That was a lot of work and you did a great job. Adjusting entry titles is the easy part.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I have gone through them all. The Colorado Kid was interesting since there are so many different ones, and there are two S/L's, but no lettered. See what you guys think and let me know.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great work, RF.

This afternoon I've been going through the entire catalog entry by entry and editing all the formats so that every one of them is uniform in terms of "spacedashspace" between book title and edition info. I have also made a few changes to some of the entry titles, so please go back and review the main index again. Let me know what you think.

Going through each and every entry really gives you an appreciation for how many of them there really are. Wow!

Ok, going back in to finish the ones I missed...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Whew. Done. The " - " are all standardized now. The W&G book titles are all standardized. I added the year of the DZ Easton edition, as we need an entry for the other DZ Easton edition (RF has one, I have the other). Made some other changes here and there.

Please review the main index, everyone, and post any suggestions or recommendations for changes. Thanks.

Question: I always think of the artist-signed editions of the last three DT books as "Artist Edition". We have them titled as "Gift", should we re-title them as "AE"?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good. I prefer what you did with TCK. I also like the fact no description takes up more than one line.
    Unless others have thoughts about it, I'd say leave it.
    I do know that there is still valuable info missing in some of the books descriptions-partcularly some are missing issue price, but when we have that info we can update.
    Thanks Patrick, Matt and others who commented.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Any thoughts on my AE vs. Gift question, Jerome?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point. Grant calls them Artist Editions.
    If we are going to lable them AE, we need to double check other editions which might need to be changed. None come to mind, but there could be one or more.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe I have all the titles sorted under the "book" divisions. They seem to be updated now anyway.

This would be next. So I should move all the ones out of "Presentations" into the signed, lettered?

The name of that "book" is fine with me if its cool with you guys.

and thanks Patrick, I think this thing is getting even better than it was because its all about ease of use.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    This would be next. So I should move all the ones out of "Presentations" into the signed, lettered?
    Yes.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point. Grant calls them Artist Editions.
    If we are going to lable them AE, we need to double check other editions which might need to be changed. None come to mind, but there could be one or more.
    Those are the only three I can think of as well. If there are more, we'll find 'em eventually. Does anyone else know of any Artist's Editions?

As far as the sub-index, we could group AE with Gift.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, right now I'm drinking a Drake's IPA in your honor. I thought you should know.

(off-topic but I don't care)

EDIT:

I changed the three DT books to AE from Gift;
    I added the three artists' names to the TCK AE since that entry actually shows all three TCK AE books;
    I made the word "Illustrated" part of the title of the one 'Salem's Lot entry since that is correct and now it matches the format of the The Stand Uncut... entry.
    Last edited by Patrick; 10-12-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: 'cuz I'm so on-topic

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you enjoyed the Drakes.
    Now. If presentations are going to be integrated into S/L, Lettereds, should Gift Editions and Ae books be put under one heading of : Gift and Artist Editions?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yes.
    Okay, this is done. Let me know if there needs to be other book changes.

I think it looks great in there you guys.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you enjoyed the Drakes.
    Now. If presentations are going to be integrated into S/L, Lettereds, should Gift Editions and Ae books be put under one heading of : Gift and Artist Editions?
    It was deeelicous.

Yes, I think Gift and AE should be in the same category link from the main page.

Speaking of which, "The Green Mile - Gift" needs to be added into that category.

Now that we've retitled everything, we should probably review the main index and see if anything is missing from any of the categories.

Thanks, Matt. I think it's really coming together!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! I can make these changes.

An easy way to see which ones are in which category (book) all you have to do is click into any entry, then go to the "book index" option on the bottom.

From there, there is also a link at the top for "all books"

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I have renamed the book but I didn't have one specifically for "artist editions" so we didn't lose one (unless we should have )

You guys feel free to list the ones you want moved and I will make it happen. It involves deleting them from one book (doesn't delete the article) and then adding them again.
    Speaking of which, "The Green Mile - Gift" needs to be added into that category.
    I looked at this and it seems to be in the right place.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, when I click the link for Gift and Artists Editions from the main index, no books appear.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooops--missed a step.

Thanks for catching that Patrick, all fixed now

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have started to go through and read each post and correct punctuation errors etc. I did get an issue price for 'Salem's Lot traycased-$900!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!

Not sure if this is the right place for this but we have a thread in this forum that I want to move to the catalog. It is the "collectors links" thread. I think it would be cool to not only have the images but also a link to a thread that will show information on how to buy them.

I will update the main entry for the catalog to include a link to it and I hope collectors will continue to update that "article" with links and collectors resources.

I am also going to put a mention about DTbay on the main page.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the decision has been made to not use the word THE when alphabetizing the King catalog.
    Should see changes soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast