Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am blown away. Truly amazing.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Absolutely incredible!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    No takers on the lung or kidney? I'll throw in free shipping....

I wonder if the wife would notice if I remortgaged the house...
    Please PM me with medical records so a fair offer can be made What's the going rate these days anyway on a presumably NF+ lung
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everything everyone else said to the 2nd power. Wow!!. And that cute little bear ya painted ain't too shabby neither .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning!
    Way outside of my price range but will spread the word
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sooooooo want one of the painted Crimson King sculptures!!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's just wonderful Rachel!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback!

I take it the photos look good on everyone's screens then? It looks way too bright and luminescent on my Husband's Galaxy S3 phone but looks fine on my laptop with an IPS display and another IPS we have on one PC and a 4K VA panel on the other. We don't have an old CRT or tablets to check it on though.

Rachel
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Stunning!
    I didn't see a price on the website or are you guys just speculating on the pricing?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Stunning!

I didn't see a price on the website or are you guys just speculating on the pricing?

No speculation. The price is a whopping Ł1,999 GBP (approx $2,870 USD).

Considering the sculpture is solid bronze and weighs a staggering 17kg - it was never going to be cheap.

However IMHO, the level of detail and awesome paintwork make this sculpture worth every penny. It is truly awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post

One thing I can let you all know at this point is the retail price of the sculptures. It will be Ł1999 GBP including shipping to most countries. Some far afield places such as Australia and remote/rural adresses may incur a higher shipping cost but I can confirm this at the time. There will be more details and info/T's & C's which I will post once we are ready to go.

Thanks for your patience waiting for this and I am eager to get things happening ASAP...

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Tim. Guess I just wasn't clicking in the right places :-/. Would make an outstanding prop for the up coming movie/s .

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It isn't solid bronze. It's resin based.

I did warn you all it is one heck of a lump and we just weighed the painted edition and it is 17kg plus the flight case. The bronze edition will be slightly heavier. These new casts are cast in resin but with a high quantity of white marble blended into the resin. This makes them more like elgin marble than any usual resin. Much higher quality and much heavier too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so the unpainted sculpture is made of bronze, whilst the painted sculpture is cast from a high quality resin containing white marble.

Both sound expensive.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Okay, so the unpainted sculpture is made of bronze, whilst the painted sculpture is cast from a high quality resin containing white marble.

Both sound expensive.
    My understanding is that they are both resin. One is painted and the other plated in bronze.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You are correct Br!an. If it were solid bronze then it would weight about 40kg+ and cost upwards of Ł18,000 to make just one. The term "solid" is not stictly correct either in terms of bronze casting as bronze is cast hollow inside. Nonetheless the bronze on these is very thick and of the highest quality, unlike some cheap plated items you might have seen where the plating wears off or washes off and you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between this and a solid bronze cast. The resin/marble has to be plated first in nickel, then sterling silver followed by copper then bronze.

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel, didn't have a chance to comment on the new pictures you posted. It's an amazing piece of work. The detail and the painting are incredible. Amazing work!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Paul, very much appreciated and sorry that we haven't been in touch lately, haven't forgotten you though!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Paul, very much appreciated and sorry that we haven't been in touch lately, haven't forgotten you though!
    No worries!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Crimson King Finished Bronze

Now the photos of the Crimson King sculpture bronze edition...

Again these look good on our screens but if they look bad on yours then let me know what type of screen you have and what is bad about them.

Thank you,
    Rachel

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man. WOW. Just... WOW. The image, the detail. Just incredible. What are the dimensions of this sculpture Rachel?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did measure it exactly and put the measurements up here somewhere a few pages back but I think it was 14 inches tall (including the wood base) by 13 inches wide (at the widest point at the bottom of the base).

Just for reference to those who may have missed the photos of the painted edition, they are on page 30 of this thread.

Country
    Country Flag

The dimensions are: 34cm at the widest (bottom of the wood base) by 40cm height. The flight case is 48cm x 48cm x 48cm. Every sculpture comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity signed by both Michael Whelan and myself too.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did measure it exactly and put the measurements up here somewhere a few pages back but I think it was 14 inches tall (including the wood base) by 13 inches wide (at the widest point at the bottom of the base).

Just for reference to those who may have missed the photos of the painted edition, they are on page 30 of this thread.
    Thanks Rachel. I need one!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The amount of work you have put into this should not go unnoticed... I would imagine your initial investment is VERY high and your time... your time alone would probably floor us. I hope you sell out FAST!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

It looks great Rachel. Painted or Bronze, these are amazing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast