Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Wow! That is amazingly good. How does one purchase one of these or are they all sold out?
    Again, absolutely magnificent!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll make an announcement here when they are available but you can see my soon to be updated website here:

rachelreadman.com

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Before I get to the 'goods' I won't be showing the painted version until Michael has seen it in person (even though he has given it his blessing) and at the moment I won't be taking orders, giving pricing or availability info etc. OK here goes with the BIG one, I hope you all like the result!!

"He Sat On His Throne Which Is Made Of Skulls"

All Hail the (bronze) Crimson King!!!

Lastly, the nameplate which will be mounted into the bottom of each sculpture base, this one is currently not numbered:

This leaves me absolutely speechless! It's like the skulls all have different expressions!! I am more than impressed! Congrats, Rachel!!
    It must be a HUGE relief to get so much work finally in view of the public!!

Tremendous job!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That really makes me wish I had the money to get one of those! Amazing!

John

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely wonderful, Rachel. Great job!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kudos Rachel - a brilliant piece of work, and it'll be well worth the wait for the hungry hoards of eager buyers
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Looking at it makes me turgid.

Traveler sideous is on a distinguished road sideous's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks fantastic Rachel. You've sold one here
    Will the staff be painted or left nice and shiney as in the bronze pics?

Phil

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is absolutely amazing! You've outdone yourself this time Rachel!
    I am genuinely getting goosebumps looking at these images... I had NO IDEA how magnificent this thing would be.

Am I gushing? Sorry

I can't begin to imagine how many 'manhours' you've spent on it.

Breathtaking! Ooft... must put the kettle on!

EDIT: 'Turgid'. Fantastic
    Last edited by boq; 09-05-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: laughing

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By far the best sculpture I've seen! Can't wait to see the painted version!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really not sure what to say, obviously thanks to you all for your praise it really does mean the world to me! It is a big 'breathe, breathe damn it' moment for me as it was when Michael agreed we should do it to when I finally finished the sculpting itself. Even then, as well as now, I still have a LOT more work to do casting, polishing, finishing and painting them etc and it takes a lot of work and time to get them to look just right.

All totalled up, but only estimated because I lost track, I guess it's taken about 4000-6000 hours to do everything and probably more than that if I really added up everything that has gone into it, not all just sculpting time of course. There's a lot of detail there that cannot be seen in the photos but every skull is individually tailored and there are about (again I lost count) 460-500? skulls. lots of little DT easter eggs hidden in there too that are not so obvious but I'll keep them under wraps for now.

"Will the staff be painted or left nice and shiney as in the bronze pics?"

It will be partly painted Phil, the skull and spikey feathers under the skull painted with everything else polished bronze as you see it here and the Jesters Staff is solid bronze, not resin with bronze finish. You'll see when I post the pics of the finished painted edition anyway.

Thanks again everyone!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm officially speechless! INCREDIBLE WORK!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. You have created something amazing. Congrats.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely amazing !!!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Rachel, you've outdone yourself with this one!
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding, Bravo..... Rachel......I love it !!!........ Thanks for all your hard work....

Brian....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've been collecting art for over 40 years. I'm the first to admit that I am no expert and never will be. But I do know what I like and I like Rachel's sculptures a lot. I probably stop and look at my Constant Reader piece as much or more than anything in my collection. I still seem to find details in it that I swear I haven't noticed before. It is one of my favorite pieces of art. I can't wait for my Jake and Oy piece and will order a Crimson King on the first day that it is offered. Like has been stated above I am blown away by the CK images. This artist has major talent. We are lucky to have her with us in this forum.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Truly inspired work, Rachel!!! Awesome piece!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, what can I say? I'm flattered and really appreciate the reception the sculpture has received from Michael Whelan himself and all of you here. It's a real honour to be part of this great community.

I only hope Stephen King has a similar reaction when I get a sculpture to him and then I will have dotted the i's and crossed the t's!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

It's quite an amazing piece. I'm not a fan of sculpture, but this piece certainly change my mind. Wow!!!!!!.

What is the approximate size of it?. I want to measure a place on my bookshelf for it.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to see a painted piece.............

Brian.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    It's quite an amazing piece. I'm not a fan of sculpture, but this piece certainly change my mind. Wow!!!!!!.

What is the approximate size of it?. I want to measure a place on my bookshelf for it.
    That is great, I hope a lot more collectors feel the same and expand their horizons outside of books only. Someone said to me that they felt that they enjoyed having one of my Constant Reader sculptures, having only bought books before. He said because the sculpture is on full display all of the time to look at and friends and family could see it whenever they had visitors it attracts more interest, comments and discussion which would lead to talking about his collection and the books and stories within. His books they could only see the spines, unless they started pulling them off the shelves, which many collectors prefer to keep to a minimum. He felt that this gave the sculpture an "added value over his books". An interesting take on the subject. He has since gone on to purchase prints and artwork he would never have had any interest in before.

The Crimson King sculpture measures 16 inches tall by 14 inches across the widest diameter of the bottom of the Cherrywood base, this height includes the base. The slab of wood is 2.5 inches thick! The jesters staff sits inside these tolerances. It weighs a lot, I don't know how much as I don't have scales man enough or big enough to weigh it just yet. Lets just say you will need a really strong bookshelf to take the weight. It would probably be better to place it on a dedicated table or stand if possible. I will let you know the weight once I get some scales.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Amazing!!!! Bravo!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I love it.

I wish I could buy one... alas, I'm studying again. Can't spend much on anything but textbooks right now...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Karen and nice to see you here again!

Thanks Michaël, I totally understand you have to prioritise what's most important. Good luck with your studies and the following career when you qualify, I'm sure you'll do great!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast