Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wagon Train

1 3.45%
  • The Twilight Zone

28 96.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 1950s (Bracket 3)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 1950s (Bracket 3)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I saw some of the TZ... won't vote since I have no idea of Wagon Train

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Twilight Zone - No Contest

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think I saw some of the TZ... won't vote since I have no idea of Wagon Train
    It was a good show... just too bad that here it's gone right up against an awesome one.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Twilight Zone. It's one of my all-time favorites. I could never tire of it.

Jean you should really go back and watch them. I think it's something you'd really enjoy. And you can easily go and watch random episodes here and there since they're all individual stories. Youtube actually has tons of them up online.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

you are now entering the twilight zone. do dodo dodo

imagine when the outer limits go up against the twilight zone? the young pretender vs the old original

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    imagine when the outer limits go up against the twilight zone? the young pretender vs the old original
    That just might happen!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The Twilight Zone. It's one of my all-time favorites. I could never tire of it.

Jean you should really go back and watch them. I think it's something you'd really enjoy. And you can easily go and watch random episodes here and there since they're all individual stories. Youtube actually has tons of them up online.
    That's what I am going to do

Especially since you say I should!

Country
    Country Flag

Youtube is okay but the complete series should be on your DVD shelves.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean: Heather is right. TZ is infinitely superior to most every other show that's been on tv...and there's never been anything quite like it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Twilight Zone is one of the best ever.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to watch as much of the first season as I can right now

Country
    Country Flag

watching it now, and totally voting it, too

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

TZ for me, WT they never got anywhere!

Great videos too, thanks for posting them.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

TZ is The Classic. I wouldn't be surprised if it won it all in this tourney

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Ouch. Tough one for me. I loved Wagon Train ... but, honestly, Burgess Meredith as the
    Spoiler:
    guy who glasses breaks
    ... sincerely, one of the best single episodes of television.

So, went with Twilight Zone.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ... but, honestly, Burgess Meredith as the guy who glasses breaks ... sincerely, one of the best single episodes of television.
    Absolutely! That particular episode was amazing. I have never forgotten seeing that for the first time. Really sticks with you.
    The whole series was amazing, really.

This was an easy vote to cast.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do yourself a favor and watch the entire original series.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

what is the original and how do I tell it from the revised/fake/remake/whatever?

Country
    Country Flag

There was a revival series in the 1980s and then another in the 2000s. Just follow the Wikipedia link in the first post, Jean. It has the episode guide, and dates the series ran and all that stuff. I can't believe you haven't seen TZ till now!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    TZ for me, WT they never got anywhere!...

that Burgess Meredith thing

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Sorry, Path. You're right - that was a spoiler. I went back and fixed it. It's probably the most famous episode though - so I hope I didn't ruin it for anyone.

Of course, by quoting my spoiling, you've now not spoiled it.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

The shutout has been spoiled. Some fearless soul has voted for Wagon Train!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast