Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Archived New Release News

Traveler chrismart83 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I can't wait to get to it.

Welcome to the site chris

thanks for the welcome. iv only just discovered the site, looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Archived New Release News

According to Bev Vincent, Stephen King has a new short story coming in the December issue of Playboy.

"MUTE--In a confession to a priest, a traveling salesman tells of his encounter on the Maine turnpike with a deaf-mute hitchhiker to whom he rants about his adulterous wife. "

John

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info! It sounds intriguing.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a reason to get Playboy, right there

"but sweetie, there's SK stuff!!"

Luckily, Dora likes a little artistic nudity as much as I do.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Thanks John! It sounds good!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Ayana

On Stephen King's website today:

"In November, two new stories by Stephen will be appearing--"Ayana," in the Fall issue of The Paris Review, and "Mute," in the December issue of Playboy."

Another new King story!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John.
    I for one was not familiar with The Paris Review. I checked their website and here is a blurb about them:

Founded in Paris by Harold L. Humes, Peter Matthiessen, and George Plimpton in 1953, The Paris Review began with a simple editorial mission: "Dear reader," William Styron wrote in a letter in the inaugural issue, "The Paris Review hopes to emphasize creative work—fiction and poetry—not to the exclusion of criticism, but with the aim in mind of merely removing criticism from the dominating place it holds in most literary magazines and putting it pretty much where it belongs, i.e., somewhere near the back of the book. I think The Paris Review should welcome these people into its pages: the good writers and good poets, the non-drumbeaters and non-axe-grinders. So long as they're good."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

I wonder if I can even get this in my area? I'll need to call around...

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Thanks

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Does anyone know how to purchase one online? I can only do it that way from here.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I checked Amazon.com, and they only offer a subscription, not an individual purchase.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pre-order the Fall issue of Paris Review for $12 here

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Liljas:
    I asked Playboy for info about Mute and this is what they sent me:

MUTE: A traveling salesman picks up a hitchhiker and pours out his heart about his wife's infidelity -- with surprising results -- in this short story by Stephen King

They also told me that it will cover 11 pages in the magazine.

Thanks Randall!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

that web site also will let you know where they sell The Paris Review - I ordered online yesterday as there are no Virginia sites that sell it!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, this is kinda cheeky - but if I paypal-ed anyone the money plus postage - could ya send me a copy? Playboy too (if I'm going to go all out on cheek )

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    that web site also will let you know where they sell The Paris Review - I ordered online yesterday as there are no Virginia sites that sell it!
    Looks like I'll be ordering online as the closest store is about 2 to 3 hours away from me

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Ok, this is kinda cheeky - but if I paypal-ed anyone the money plus postage - could ya send me a copy? Playboy too (if I'm going to go all out on cheek )
    I would do that Lisa but I am not sure I could find it here.

I'll have a look and let you know.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I did order 2 copies of the Paris Review. Finding Playboy would not be a problem.
    I can tell you the postage will cost as much as the magazines.
    Let me know.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Matt and thanks RF!! It wouldn't bother me paying the same cost in postage, it'd just be so cool to get hold of them period. I tried to get Playboy a couple of years ago for a feature by Kevin Smith...but couldn't seem to find that edition over here in the UK.

Let me know nearer the time about costs and stuff - is paypal good for you?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That won't be a problem.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, you're aces

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You won't mind if I clip the pictures out of the Playboy will you?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast