Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Dollar Babies

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Shouldn't this be moved up into The Oracle?

John
    I think so, but worry that if it's a fraud, members might see us as endorsing the venture.
    I'll send it up and label it as a 'Caution'.

It also adds a small bit of serendipity to Calvin's Corner.
    We could always have a thread there and here temporarily...if you like.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Shouldn't this be moved up into The Oracle?

John
    I think so, but worry that if it's a fraud, members might see us as endorsing the venture.
    I'll send it up and label it as a 'Caution'.

It also adds a small bit of serendipity to Calvin's Corner.
    We could always have a thread there and here temporarily...if you like.
    I will send a couple Euros, but it kinda' sucks that most of us will probably never get to see it. King should arrange to do a boxed DVD/BluRay set of ALL of the dollar babies.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

German Dollar Baby Rest Stop - First day of shooting

Stephen King cares for night closure of an public street

http://www.lr-online.de/regionen/els...rt1059,3028763

Short translation:
    30 Movie Students from the Hochschule für Film und Fernsehen Babelsberg starting the first Stephen King Dollar Baby Movie in Bad Liebenwerda. Main shooting location is an
    gas station. Two nights, an highway/country road will be closed. The filmcrew becomes support from several local company´s and the fire department.
    The shortfilm will be showed at the Berlinale 2011 film festival.

Traveler killerspots is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

thanks for this post here.
    I am the producer of the german "Dollar Baby", based on "Rest Stop".
    Yes, it is true, that we are going to do a movie.
    Okay, we already have shot it last week and begin the postproduction of it pretty soon.

The donation idea came, while we were trying to finance our movie in order to realise it.

If there are still any people out there, interested in donating anything, please feel free to do so, since there are still some costs to come up in the further production.

I can promise, we will have a pretty nice movie, and we are trying everything in our power to show you the movie as soon as possible.

Best from Germany,

Paul

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent 2 Euros a while back, but it was unclaimed. You sent a different Paypal address-memyselfandi@paulandexel.com

Hope that works.

Hi Randall,

thank you for your donation. I received it.

A very popular german online magazin, called "Spiegel Online" released an article about our movie today:
    http://www.spiegel.de/unispiegel/job...718901,00.html

For the ones of you, being able to understand german: Enjoy reading.
    For all others: I hope you will get the trustworth of it, that we are no fakes, but really doing a "Dollar Baby".

Please feel free to contact me for further questions.

Best from Germany,
    Paul

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King- Horror that comes from the University
    News and pics from "Rest Stop" on Spiegel.de, one of Germanys biggest Newspapers.

http://www.spiegel.de/unispiegel/job...718901,00.html

Traveler SKSM is on a distinguished road SKSM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loving it is the spoken language deutsch or english from Rest Stop?
    Who knows it will be finished for the Dollar Baby Film Festival in Australia in January 2011

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Update please.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Have found this:

On the ´Presse Box´ button it´s possible to download
    high def. movie stills, produktion map, pics from the movie......

http://www.feko.net/feko.net/Filme_D..._RestStop.html

hi together,

didn't respond for a while. We are still working on our Dollar Baby "RestStop" and thinking of a new title for the movie.

We have shot in german and will finish the movie in german language, but will be subtitling the movie for international festivals.

I can promise it will be a visually impressive movie and we hope that we will get it done my summer 2011, so we can start a world wide festival tour.

As soon as we have some more to show and tell, we will let you know.

Best from Germany.

And If someone is able to move it out of the "Caution, Unverified" section, I would be happy.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATE...

Today - night between 11/12.03.2011 00.10 the first movie parts from German DollarBaby ´REST STOP will be showed at ARTE, the German/France TV Station in the magazin show “KurzSchluss” !!!!!

http://www.arte.tv/de/film/Kurzschlu...0/3761882.html

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If only I spoke Deutsch.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If only I spoke Deutsch.
    At ARTE TV you can chose between france and german language

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    If only I spoke Deutsch.
    At ARTE TV you can chose between france and german language
    If only I spoke French.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone record it
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dollar Baby RestStop movie parts on ARTE TV..... short but nice.
    There was also a small interview......

Some pics from the Movie:
    http://www.facebook.com/hff.RestStop?sk=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/hff.RestStop?sk=photos[/URL]
    Last edited by Stockerlone; 05-22-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Default Updates on german RestStop

Dear friends,

I just wanted to share some news with you on our Dollar Baby "RestStop".
    We are currently working hard on shooting some detail shots for our movie. We will probably shot on May in Berlin and surroundings.

As well we will shoot some impressive car moving shots to enter the movie visually stunning and reference to another Stephen King movie, quite popular.

Meanwhile, we are hard working on the Visual Effects, to enhance the atmosphere even more.

As well, we have found a great title for the movie and looking forward to share it with you, when we will release a first teaser-trailer.

So stay tuned up. We are looking forward to it.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some news:

The name of the first German dollar baby is no longer REST STOP... it´s now ::: “You missed Sonja”
    Only some extra ´stunt´ shootings for the movie.
    Movie will be finished fall 2011 and then presented on international festivals.

http://www.moviepilot.de/news/deutsc...haenden-110696

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Hm, so you added a Sonja to the story? Or is it the name you gave the woman being beaten at the rest stop? And I'm not sure what's to be understood by "missed"? Sounds like a different story than King's Rest Stop.

Our movie is now called "You missed Sonja", not "RestStop" anymore. It is due to the existence of a horrormovie called "RestStop", so we were looking for a new title and believe, that this title will catch the idea of our interpretation of the story.

The movie is still based on the short story, but we added some additional parts and turning points into it. We believe that it will really kick and bring the original story further. Stay tuned. Next shooting begins on June 16th in Berlin.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck! Show pics and details here!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dollar Baby - The Things They Left Behind

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/468...estival-rounds
    Although I don't have the exact numbers right in front of me, I would be willing to lay a considerable wager that Stephen King has had more horror stories adapted to film than any other author. That seems like a safe bet. And now, through King's "Dollar Baby" program, director Pablo Macho Maysonet IV has added the September 11th thriller The Things They Left Behind to the list of King tales to make the big screen.

Through "Dollar Baby," selected filmmakers are granted the right to create a film from a Stephen King story for $1, allowing up-and-comers an opportunity to work with the legendary author's material.

The Things They Left Behind tells the chilling tale of a September 11th survivor who is being haunted by those from his past lost to the disaster. It is a powerful reminder of the day, especially as we reflect on the date during the 10th anniversary.

Currently only accessible at select film festivals, you can get a look at the trailer for The Things They Left Behind below. Read on for more info.

From the Press Release
    In 2008 great American author Stephen King released Just After Sunset, a novel featuring a collection of short stories. One story, "The Things They Left Behind", is King's approach to the tragedy that struck NYC on 9/11. Almost a year after 9/11, strange things start happening to the main character, Scott Staley, who, at the time of the attacks, is employed at 'Light and Bell Insurance' on the 110th floor of the World Trade Center. Not only is Scott unable to get rid of his survivor's guilt, but things belonging to his late colleagues start to appear in his apartment.

After a run of bi-monthly short films on their YouTube channel, independent filmmaker Pablo Macho Maysonet IV and his Shattered Dreams Productions (SDP) sought out to obtain permission to produce a non-profit short film based on a story written by Stephen King through King's "Dollar Baby" program (in which King will allow a filmmaker to adapt his story for $1). This program was originally started when Frank Darabont, director of King's feature adaptations of The Shawshank Redemption, The Mist and The Green Mile, produced the short film adaptation to The Women in the Room in 1983. This would pave the way for other qualifying up-and-coming filmmakers to produce short film adaptations of King's work.

In late 2010, after signing a non-profit agreement with Stephen King, Maysonet was allowed to produce the emotionally charged adaptation of "The Things They Left Behind".

Production began in December of 2010 on a budget of $10,000 and included shooting in Times Square as well as various locations mentioned in the book. After completion, the film was immediately sent out to over 30 film festivals around the world including Sundance 2012. The Things They Left Behind is quickly stirring up attention around the world with festival screenings in Spain, Argentina and the Netherlands.

At the moment this short film can only be seen at select film festivals, but to view the behind-the-scenes making-of The Things They Left Behind, go to SDP's YouTube channel, and to follow up-to-date information regarding the film, check out the Facebook page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast