Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Dollar Babies

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

There are several scenes in the video that belong to DBs I don't remember watching (and I watched more than 100).

I still can't believe that some festivals are still showing My Pretty Pony...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

It's cool that they also show the animated Beachworld. Anyone here seen it at the festivals? How is it?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it. It's...long.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish that one day the claymation version of THE SUN DOG that steve mentionned in his intro to THE GREEN MILE the screenplay will surface...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I wish that one day the claymation version of THE SUN DOG that steve mentionned in his intro to THE GREEN MILE the screenplay will surface...
    Now that is an obscure reference. Nice!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Especially as I didn't even know Stephen King had written a Sherlock Holmes story! I thought I'd read Nightmares and Dreamscapes too. It was years ago, but I'm sure I would have remembered a Sherlock Holmes tale...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Interesting. Especially as I didn't even know Stephen King had written a Sherlock Holmes story! I thought I'd read Nightmares and Dreamscapes too. It was years ago, but I'm sure I would have remembered a Sherlock Holmes tale...
    The Doctor's Case 1st editions. U.S.A. 1987 U.K. 1988

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 'My Pretty Pony' short film with Tobin Bell

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/04/my-...ng-1201799894/

“Saw” star Tobin Bell and child actor Noah Jupe will star in the drama “My Pretty Pony,” a short film set to start shooting in Michigan this spring. The story follows an elderly man on his deathbed who gives his young grandson a pocket watch and warns the boy against the dangers of letting time slip away.

Luke Jaden is directing the from a script he adapted based on a short story by Stephen King. Phil Wurtzel of Friel Films is producing. Brian Kavanaugh-Jones (“Loving,” “Midnight Special”) and Josh Boone (“The Fault in Our Stars”) are executive producing.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this a dollar baby or a movie? I aint sure to be honnest, even though I first thought it was a DB
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to Ms Mod, it is a dollar baby.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.thecouriertimes.com/news/...f28d39932.html

Henry County resident Cameron Grimm was sitting at dinner with his family when he got an email. He couldn’t believe his eyes.

“I stared at my phone and was in shock at first,” Grimm said. “My wife knew something was up. I turned the phone towards her and she had the same reaction.”

The email he received was from none other than Stephen King, an internationally recognized and best selling author.

Known for horror novels such as “The Shinning”, It”, and “Carrie”, King is also known for his wide ranging collection of nearly 200 short stories. One of those short stories, “The Man Who Loved Flowers”, is the basis for a film Grimm plans to direct.

Grimm had been interested in writing since 8th grade; however, he decided to join the United States Navy after the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

Following his military service, in 2006 Grimm was accepted to the Los Angeles Film School. Rather than pursue that interest, he decided to settle down, get married and have kids.

In 2016, Grimm and others came together to start 5 After 5 Productions to pursue their dreams of making films. The group agreed King’s short story was an excellent story to share on film.

“We loved the story of The Man Who Loved Flowers,” Grimm said. “It was a very complex story with a very awesome, complex character.”

Grimm wrote a letter about his company, who he was, and what he wished to do to King in hopes that King might give him permission to make the film.

“I must have said something that he really liked, we received the contract few weeks later,” Grimm said.

Since announcing the film project, Grimm has received an outpouring of interest and support.

“The support has been tremendous from people locally, from people all over the country,” Grimm said. “Stephen King fans have approached me telling me that this is their favorite story of King’s, and not to screw it up.”

Grimm said that he is looking for locations to host casting calls and that he hopes to begin filming towards the end of July or early August.

While the film doesn’t have a projected release date, the contract says that 5 after 5 Productions has to finish the project by May 1, 2018.

“The goal is to complete this without rushing, and doing it right, yet do it in a timely manner,” Grimm said.

The contract also states that the film is not allowed to make a profit, but funds may be raised to help with the film’s production.

When the film is finished, it will be sent to Stephen King to view. Grimm also hopes to share it on the film festival circuit.

Grimm encourages anyone who may be interested in helping the crew to contact 5after5productions@gmail.com.

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A good choice for a new film.

I think One for the Road is one of my favourite short stories. It's also one of the few King stories I found genuinely scary. *

*that's not a criticism of King's other work. It just means I enjoyed other aspects of those stories.

Country
    Country Flag

Cool interview about I Am the Doorway:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/243...kings-doorway/

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.saultstar.com/2017/09/02/...-for-king-film
    James Douglas is learning to work with less time to make his movie.

His 14-day shoot for The Doctor's Case, based on a short story by Stephen King, was cut to 12.

The son of former Sault Star reporter Tom Douglas originally planned to have his 65-minute film done by October.

He moved that deadline up a few weeks to Sept. 18 so his project can be entered for consideration for Sundance Film Festival's international feature division. The prospect of having The Doctor's Case shown at Sundance “was enough of a carrot” to get the movie done a little faster.

Losing shooting time “really caused us to focus our energy and become very efficient with our time,” Douglas told The Sault Star. “It meant a lot of sleepless nights ... The thrill of making the film certainly kept us going.”

The Doctor's Case has several other ties to Sault Ste. Marie. Douglas' cousin, Joanna, is a Sault native. A song by his aunt, Nancy Fairburn, who lives in the city, will be featured at the film's end. Tom Douglas and his wife, Gail, served as historical consultants.

King's story first appeared in The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. The collection of stories marked the centennial of Arthur Conan Doyle's creation of the private detective. King allows non-commercial rights for his short stories to be brought to the stage or screen for a dollar. He watches what's created.

An online crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...t-production#/) earlier this year raised $43,611 from 297 backers. Douglas now wants to raise $35,000 on Indiegogo for post-production work. His fundraising drive started in late July and has generated $5,517 in support as of Saturday.

“We felt that it was probably appropriate to reach out to the fan community that we do have already, and some new people, to try and help us raise the funds that will be necessary to ensure that the film is finished in time for the Sundance application,” said Douglas.

Total budget is almost $100,000. “A lot of us” involved with the film have put in their own cash to ensure The Doctor's Project is completed.

“We're so confident the product is what we wanted it to be that we're really looking at it as an investment in our own futures,” said Douglas. “I've always been aware of how delicate the money situation is in filmmaking. It can be so expensive if everything isn't going exactly according to plan and even then it can be very expensive.”

He's confident if The Doctor's Project can crack the Sundance lineup the prospect of seeing a King short story brought to the screen will attract film-goers. By keeping much of King's dialogue and detail, Douglas pegs the amount at 85 per cent, he anticipates he'll avoid a trap where less-than-stellar big-screen takes on King became entangled.

Those filmmakers “make the mistake of taking the plot of a Stephen King story and then just running with that,” he said. “The words themselves get lost in that adaptation ... We've done our best to preserve as much of Stephen King's actual writing as we can.

“If I can be a little bit boastful, I think it's probably one of the most faithful adaptations of a Stephen King story that will be out there.”

The Doctor's Case stars Denise Crosby (Star Trek: The Next Generation), William B. David (The X-Files) and Michael Coleman (Once Upon a Time).

Incentives for donors include a poster signed by Douglas, digital download of the soundtrack, cast and crew T-shirt and VIP invitations to a screening of the film.

The campaign ends Sept. 12.

“There's still quite a lot of work to do in the next three weeks, but everybody is just putting their nose to the grindstone and doing their best to get it done,” said Douglas. “I know that we will.”

He credited the “incredible help” of his father during filming in the spring.

“I would not have survived that shoot had it not been for my dad,” said Douglas. “He talked me down from a lot of stressful situations and offered up some very, very good advice.”

The senior Douglas also helped ease an “immigration situation” when Crosby came up from the United States to film in British Columbia.

“(He) cut right to the people that we needed to talk to and get the situation resolved,” said Douglas.

Tom Douglas was impressed with the dedication of the filmmakers.

“I've never seen anybody work as hard as that crew,” he said. “James knew his stuff. I was so proud of him. It was such a cohesive team. I am so proud of everybody.”

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

SUBMISSION OPEN FOR KING ON SCREEN 3!

I'm glad to announce the third edition of King On Screen, the dollar baby film festival in Buenos Aires, Argentina, sponsored by Restaurant de la Mente - Libros y merchandising de Stephen King and authorized by the City Council.

KOS3 will take place on November 11th, from 2pm to 6:30pm. We decided to decrease the quantity of days and hours (last editions lasted for two days and four hours each day) in order to make it more strong and leave people anxious for the next edition.

For this event I was able to get permission for the National Library, which is a wonderful building in a very nice area of the city. The capacity is 200 people and we're more than sure that there will be people that won't be able to enter. Due to the publication of my book last March, I got a lot of press contacts that received the information and some already showed interest in covering the event.

Those interested in submitting a dollar baby, please contact info@restaurantdelamente.com. We won't screen dollar babies showed in previous editions of the festival or another festival in Argentina.

You can check the website at http://kingonscreen.restaurantdelamente.com (the website is in Spanish, of course)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

https://portcitydaily.com/2017/11/12...ington-our-ht/
    When Mike Roberts applied for the production rights to Stephen King’s “The Doctor’s Case,” a Sherlock Holmes story, he didn’t expect to get a contract back, three days later, with King’s signature on the dotted line.

“Honestly, It was a blind shot in the dark,” Roberts said.

Stephen King’s Dollar Baby program is a deal King offers to aspiring filmmakers to adapt his short stories that have not yet been made or auctioned off – for $1. Filmmakers are guaranteed King’s eyes on their final product.

“It took two weeks to settle in,” Roberts said. “You’re doing a Stephen King, but on top of that, it’s Sherlock Holmes. It’s a double bonus.”

King has the final say over whether the film will hit the commercial market. For Roberts, even if King disapproves, it’s about more than the dollar.

“It’s worth more on my resume than any amount of cash I could make,” he said. “I wouldn’t need to make a dollar because that is money well spent.”

Until now, Roberts has kept the project, which he regards will be the pinnacle of his career in film, tight-lipped.

“I’ve dropped a hint here and there,” he said. “One day I changed my profile picture to a picture of Sherlock Holmes for the day.”

“Firestarter,” a King original filmed in Wilmington in the early 1980s, ignited a trend of big-production filmmakers capturing the varied landscapes and talent the Cape Fear region had to offer.

“Had it not been for ‘Firestarter,’ we would not have a film industry here,” Robert said.

King’s works have trailblazed the local industry. Productions King penned later filmed in Wilmington include “Maximum Overdrive,” “Under the Dome” and “Firestarter,” to name a few.

“Here’s a very prominent writer, that loves to shoot in the same town that I live in,” Roberts said.

It’s only fitting that a King story could bring big film production back to the Port City that has nearly been extinguished in recent years after the General Assembly replaced tax incentives with a grant program.

“Once our film incentives were taken away, it pretty much paved the way for Atlanta to take away everything that had been built here for the last 20 years,” Roberts said.

Following the fallout that led top-notch filmmakers to head south, Roberts hopes his Sherlock Holmes gig will lure big names back into town.

“Once we can get it up and going, it may have a great impact on making people at least think outside the box. There are other ways to do film here,” he said. “If the productions aren’t coming here, then bring them here.”

“Vaughan,” a sitcom Roberts created and filmed in Wilmington, is wrapping up post-production. Picked up by major streaming networks including Hulu, Roku, iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Prime, PlayStation Network and Microsoft, “Vaughan” has occupied Robert’s energy this year.

Given 12 months to translate King’s work to a motion picture, Roberts has until September 2018 to put his spin on the twisted tale.

“Once I adapt the screenplay everything is going to start moving pretty fast,” he said.

With a background as a celebrity manager, Roberts maintains professional, working relationships with big-name talent.

“I’ve had a couple of people in mind that I feel would be fantastic people for Sherlock Holmes,” he said.

Casting a believable actor to manifest the 1800s-era detective will be a vital feat.

“(I’m) dealing with the most popular detective in the history of literature,” he said. “Historically speaking, it’s a pretty high standard.”

Unsure of funding, Roberts believes securing a letter of intent from a recognizable actor could entice investors to back the project.

“I would like to have name actors,” he said.

Roberts plans to enlist as much local talent as he can.

“The rest would be locally cast,” he said. “I definitely want to put that fresh talent that wouldn’t have that opportunity otherwise on that camera and in front of Stephen King.”

Landing a Sherlock Holmes project is a personal and professional blend of ambitions coming to fruition.

“My dad, before he passed away, was probably the biggest Sherlock Holmes fan on the planet,” he said. “We’ve been handed an opportunity, let’s make the most of it. There is no downside.”

Country
    Country Flag

I actually wonder how that stories goes for copyright. Yes it's a King story, but it also uses Sherlock Holmes, which is from Conan Boyle's estate..

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure Sherlock Holmes is already common domain by now. Isn't it?

By the way, I'm running the third edition of KING ON SCREEN in Argentina next weekend. It's a dollar baby film festival
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sherlock Holmes is already common domain by now. Isn't it?
    Almost all of the Holmes stories are in the public domain. The last 10 stories (published after 1923) remain under copyright protection until 2022-23.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know (or I forgot, because it rings a distant bell) that King wrote a Sherlock Holmes story.

Also fascinated that it is filmed in Wilmington, as I live in Wilmington. (Well just down the road from the village, but we come under the Wilmington parish.) I suspect it's a different Wilmington however, since mine is in South East England...

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I didn't know (or I forgot, because it rings a distant bell) that King wrote a Sherlock Holmes story.

)
    It was in Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

YOU MISSED SONJA

The first German Dollar Baby.
    https://vimeo.com/96421161

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast