Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Series of All Time (BTVSAT)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I listed Saturday Night Live, but if it doesn't really apply, let me know..I'll change it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    1950 - Twilight Zone
    1980 - Seinfeld
    Already nominated.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I listed Saturday Night Live, but if it doesn't really apply, let me know..I'll change it.
    It's a good choice

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think it's odd to have sitcoms and dramas going against each other, personally. As good as shows like Fraiser and Seinfeld are, dramas will beat them everytime for quality. It's hard to compare the two, at least for me.
    I know what you mean but have to disagree. One of my favorite all-time shows happen to be sitcoms (I Love Lucy, Modern Family - not yet nominated, hint-hint). If we're gonna get the best show ever, then all genres have to be considered.

I'm just saying the is a reason why The Emmies and Golden Globes have best Comedy Series and Best Drama Series. You judge each by different merits. Fraiser, Seinfeld and South Park are amongst my favourite shows but if I had to compared them to dramas as Best, they wouldn't even make the grade. I just have a feeling in this format most sitcoms will get left behind and none get their fair shake.

Also, can we nominate again eventually?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Also, can we nominate again eventually?
    I don't see why not, especially once most people have had a turn. Feev, our tournament ninja wizard should weigh in, as he's most qualified, I think

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    1980- The Wonder Years
    1990- The X- Files
    2000- Arrested Development
    All already nominated, check the master list in the first post.
    1950- Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
    1960- The Monkees
    1970- Saturday Night Live
    1980-Growing Pains
    1990- That 70's Show
    2000- Heroes

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Bob !! That's an awesome list !! Thank you for the China Beach reminder, btw.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    This is an awesome idea, the main flaw is that if there is voting there are several series that they have not seen, so there cannot be an accurate vote. Only someone who has seen all of the series nominated can really say if one is better than the other... I'm not sure if I worded this right.
    Well when we'll be voting you'll get to choose between several randomly selected series, so if you've seen them, you can vote as to which you like better.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    This is an awesome idea, the main flaw is that if there is voting there are several series that they have not seen, so there cannot be an accurate vote. Only someone who has seen all of the series nominated can really say if one is better than the other... I'm not sure if I worded this right.
    Well when we'll be voting you'll get to choose between several randomly selected series, so if you've seen them, you can vote as to which you like better.
    Sounds good.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    1950's
    Red Skeleton (Humor ahead of its time)

Smother's Brothers Comedy Hour (pushing the network censorship buttons weekly) ...

1970's
    MY Pick M*A*S*H
    Definitely, but, would someone else please nominate The Bob Newhart Show? Yes, Newhart in the 80s, but TBNS also is an oft overlooked classic.
    1990's
    MY Pick Twin Peaks

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cant belive I forgot about The X-Files and Married with Children

And as far as The Three Stooges goes - they were on TV weekly back then! I rememberw as I was always getting scolded by my Grandmother for watchibng them as trash shows. Of course my Grandmother also hated many of the 1960s comedies that I loved.

However, due to the semantics of it all I'll change my vote for the 50s to The Honeymooners - Jackie Gleason at his best!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

... I'll change my vote for the 50s to The Honeymooners - Jackie Gleason at his best!
    I think Gleason's best was in film, but that show is another excellent pick, just the same.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as Lost is nominated, I'm cool

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

1990s - Fraiser

2000s - Battlestar Galactica
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

1950s Red Skeleton Show
    1960s Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
    1970s The Bob Newhart Show
    1980s Roseanne
    1990s News Radio, The Larry Sanders Show
    2000s Boston Legal

Ah, I can't believe I forgot Roseanne. Also, News Radio was a good one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    1950s Red Skeleton Show
    1960s Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
    1970s The Bob Newhart Show
    1980s Roseanne
    1990s News Radio, The Larry Sanders Show
    2000s Boston Legal
    You're nominating again already? Also, one per decade, please.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Lost for the 2000s
    And Doctor Who
    For Every decade
    ok fine 70s Doctor Who
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Country
    Country Flag

Both already nominated, sorry.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I nominate Lost for the 2000s
    And Doctor Who
    For Every decade
    ok fine 70s Doctor Who
    Agreed on all points, flagg! Will be interesting to see how far Who gets on this board.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Imagine we get a LOST vs Dr. Who bracket ? ...

(rubs hands together earnestly)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Imagine we get a LOST vs Dr. Who bracket ? ...

(rubs hands together earnestly)
    Rubbing hands together too, feev! I wouldn't if it didn't have "best show of decade" rounds first, of course, since on a board which has only a few Doctor Who fans (avid fans, we may be, but still few) on a board that loves Stephen King, a show that's had a lot of influence from the storytelling of sai King is easily gonna win a lot of votes in a round like that, even I will admit that!

But if Doctor Who actually makes it far enough to win best show of the 60s (or at least best show that started in the 60s), and goes up against Lost in a semi-final or even a final round, well, I'll be happy enough. It will be interesting to see how it pans out, anyway.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to start watching Doctor Who, it looks really interesting, but as it's such a long-running series (close to 800 episodes) it's sort of daunting.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just start from the 2005 series, pablo, listed as "Series One" on netflix. It is a lot of fun, and yes, it has history, but the Eccleston series was meant to be watched by the whole family after an absense of nearly 16 years, so naturally, it's also the perfect jumping on point. Give it a try.

- Melike

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

1950's-Benny Hill show
    1960's-Dark Shadows
    1970's-Welcome Back Kotter
    1980's Murder, She Wrote
    1990's Lexx
    2000's-4400

Does whatever a spiderman does.

+ Reply to Thread