Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Series of All Time (BTVSAT)

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Aeon Flux....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    Aeon Flux....
    Seconded.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bracket 12 just closed, which means decades from 1950s to 1980s are set for Round 2! See overview here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post574947

Country
    Country Flag

Round 1 is done. We're just waiting on a tiebreak in the tight battle of Battlestar Galactica vs. The Big Bang Theory. Once it's settled, Round 2 will commence.

The 2000s and the 1990s will once again be one on one polls, while the rest of the decades this round will be a choice of three, with the top two moving on. So that will make four brackets for the 1950s through the 1980s, and 8 brackets for the other two decades.

Interestingly, we have five animated series in the 1990s (of sixteen total). Something I didn't expect.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna go ahead and start Round 2, and the bracket for the 2000s will have to wait until the tie is resolved. Please go to there and help us break the deadlock.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

wow round one went fast!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I just wanted to go ahead and throw out for the challenger series some of my favorite recent series that had fallen by the wayside during the main nominating process.

Californication
    Deadwood
    Hung
    Nurse Jackie
    Oz
    Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
    Prison Break
    Rome
    Sleeper Cell
    The Life & Times of Tim
    The Ren & Stimpy Show
    United States of Tara
    Weeds
    I second Rome, Deadwood and The Ren & Stimpy Show. I'd also like to nominate (since it started last year and just keeps getting better) Misfits.
    Misfits seconded!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was hoping we'd be able to vote for more than one show in the brackets that have 3.

Country
    Country Flag

That would cause inevitable errors, unfortunately, and I don't have moderator powers to correct polls. We've gone through a similar problem with the Constant Reader Awards. This is simpler.

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, the overview has been updated.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

That would cause inevitable errors, unfortunately, and I don't have moderator powers to correct polls. We've gone through a similar problem with the Constant Reader Awards. This is simpler.
    Not a problem. I'll just have to think harder about which one I pick. 8)

Country
    Country Flag

Please keep nominating series and seconding already nominated series for the challenger tournament.

Also, I just wanted to shine a light on the forthcoming schedule for the main tournament. Round 2 is now underway. The last brackets of Round 2 will go up on December 22. Round 3, the Quarterfinals, will begin on January 3. Round 4, the Seminfinals, will begin on January 19. The Finals will begin on January 31. Once all this is finished, we'll be left with just six series, each representing one of the six decades. Those series will then, starting on February 7, take part in a five-round round-robin tournament (15 matchups) where each series faces every other. The winner receives 1 point. The winner at the end is crowned TDT.org's Best Television Series of All Time.

Country
    Country Flag

Another note. For the subsequent rounds after the second I won't randomize the brackets as I have been doing. I'll use a standings system sorted by the greater percentage of vote received by a series. Then the brackets will be determined: 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5. And so on in later rounds.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good !

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't sure where else to post it, so I'll post it here. The top 10 Dramas of 2010 according to E !

http://www.eonline.com/photos/galler...ID=2693#103552

Wonder which one is #1 ... (innocent whistle)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Sounds good !
    Yeah, the more votes a series receives, the better its standing will be, thus facing lesser opponents going forward.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Wasn't sure where else to post it, so I'll post it here. The top 10 Dramas of 2010 according to E !

http://www.eonline.com/photos/galler...ID=2693#103552

Wonder which one is #1 ... (innocent whistle)
    Couldn't help but notice that list was all US shows, feev. Not that I'm disagreeing with that list (although Walking Dead should've been much higher, imo), but well, with no sign of Misfits, or the amazing final series of Ashes to Ashes, to me it has about as much validity as, say, this list does to a lot of people on this board:

http://totalscifionline.com/features...ntasy-tv-shows

Of course, it's worth pointing out that, at the end of the day, this is a UK site, so whilst a number of US shows turn up in the top ten, the one that makes the biggest impact in the UK is of course the one that tops the list. Just saying: thing is with lists, they rarely mean anything. And that includes the one I just posted.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, in case there will be series with the same percentage of received votes, the number of votes will be used as tiebreak.

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, a little amendment. To be more fair and to avoid having the same matchups in Round 3 as in Round 2 (which right now looks possible actually), I'll combine the percentages earned by each series in R1 and R2 and that will be their scores going into Round 3 and on.

Country
    Country Flag

Also for the challenger tournament: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't think me a loser, but I nominate Golden Girls.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Second Golden Girls.

Also for the challenger tournament: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
    Second. I watched this everyday and still have all the toys.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG. All of them?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    OMG. All of them?

lol
    Yep. There the one collection I can't part with for some reason. I sold all my GI Joe, Transformers and Thundercats stuff. Made pretty good money from them too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast