Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Series of All Time (BTVSAT)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

2nd nomination from me...just cause it should be nominated:

1960's: Sesame Street

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    1950 blue peter
    oy!!! i used to love that programme as a child, every christmas i tried to make the bloody candle thingy

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    2000's - Band of Brothers
    Sorry, no mini-series. That one would probably win hands down.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of children's shows, where's Fraggle Rock?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or Captain Kangaroo?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

1950s - Rocky and Bullwinkle

Country
    Country Flag

Only ten more slots left for 1990s series. Choose well.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOST

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get a map.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got a second 2000's nomination...can't believe it isn't nominated already! Carnivale

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Reposting so people can see what's what

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Master list of nominees:

1950s:
    01. I Love Lucy
    02. The Twilight Zone
    03. The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
    04. The Honeymooners
    05. The Red Skeleton Show
    06. The Benny Hill Show
    07. The Price is Right
    08. The Adventures of Champion
    09. Gunsmoke
    10. The Jack Benny Program
    11. Lassie
    12. Maverick
    13. Blue Peter
    14. The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

1960s:
    01. Star Trek
    02. Doctor Who
    03. The Addams Family
    04. Get Smart
    05. Gilligan's Island
    06. The Monkees
    07. Monty Python's Flying Circus
    08. The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
    09. Dark Shadows
    10. The Munsters
    11. Bewitched
    12. The Flintstones
    13. The Andy Griffith Show
    14. The Lucy Show
    15. The Prisoner
    16. The Carol Burnett Show
    17. The Avengers
    18. Sesame Street

1970s:
    01. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
    02. All in the Family
    03. The Brady Bunch
    04. Fawlty Towers
    05. You Can't Do That on Television
    06. Blake's 7
    07. M*A*S*H
    08. Little House on the Prairie
    09. Saturday Night Live
    10. The Six Million Dollar Man
    11. The Bob Newhart Show
    12. Welcome Back, Kotter
    13. Facts of Life
    14. The Waltons
    15. The Bionic Woman
    16. Happy Days
    17. The Muppet Show
    18. Kung Fu
    19. Monkey

1980s:
    01. The Simpsons
    02. The Wonder Years
    03. Blackadder
    04. Married With Children
    05. Star Trek: The Next Generation
    06. Moonlighting
    07. Seinfield
    08. Cheers
    09. Growing Pains
    10. Roseanne
    11. Murder, She Wrote
    12. Transformers
    13. Hill Street Blues
    14. Dragon Ball Z
    15. Mystery Science Theater 3000
    16. Saved by the Bell
    17. Family Matters
    18. The Ray Bradbury Theater
    19. The A-Team
    20. Family Ties

1990s:
    01. The X-Files
    02. Jeeves and Wooster
    03. Family Guy
    04. Stargate SG1
    05. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    06. South Park
    07. Northern Exposure
    08. Dawson's Creek
    09. Twin Peaks
    10. The Sopranos
    11. That '70s Show
    12. Fraiser
    13. Lexx
    14. Sex and the City
    15. As Time Goes By
    16. My So-Called Life
    17. Angel
    18. Batman: The Animated Series
    19. Absolutely Fabulous
    20. Dream On
    21. Friends
    22. News Radio
    23. The Larry Sanders Show
    24. West Wing
    25. Freaks and Geeks
    26. King of the Hill
    27. Evening Shade
    28. Beavis and Butt-head
    29. Futurama
    30. X-Men

2000s:
    01. Breaking Bad
    02. Sons of Anarchy
    03. Lost
    04. Six Feet Under
    05. Arrested Development
    06. 24
    07. Heroes
    08. Battlestar Galactica
    09. Boston Legal
    10. The 4400
    11. Curb Your Enthusiasm
    12. The Shield
    13. Green Wing
    14. Supernatural
    15. Dexter
    16. Life on Mars
    17. The Osbournes
    18. In Treatment
    19. Coupling
    20. Modern Family
    21. Mad Men
    22. Monk
    23. Torchwood

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I'll add two more 2000s nominees: Nip/Tuck and True Blood.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For 2000s, I'd like to nominate Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Not because I think it'll get very far, but because it's so good it deserves to be nominated. Also, Firefly, if possible. I don't know if it counts as a mini-series because it got cancelled so soon, but that deserves a mention, too.

Also Pablo, liked your earlier nomination of Coupling. I knew when I first watched it that Steven Moffat was one of the best comedy scriptwriters in television, but it wasn't until his episodes for Doctor Who that I realised he's one of the best scriptwriters today, full stop. If there's any episode I'd recommend to a newbie, it's any of his episodes written for series 1 to 4, including the Empty Child, and of course Blink. Everyone loves Blink!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, you need to watched Spaced and Green Wing to realise Coupling was a bit inconsistent and verging on crap

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For 1970s, I nominate
    DALLAS

1950s:
    The Twilight Zone

1960s:
    The Avengers

1970s:
    DALLAS !!!

1980s:
    Star Trek Next Generation

1990s:
    Twin Peaks

2000s:
    LOST

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Nah, you need to watched Spaced and Green Wing to realise Coupling was a bit inconsistent and verging on crap
    Blasphemy! Ok, so I will admit that Spaced was better, so-much-so that it's one of my favourite tv shows ever, but I never thought that much of Green Wing. I love randomness, but that was a little too random for me at times.

Also, non-linear comedy, gotta love that! "The End of the Line" is my favourite example of that!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

1960s, Star Trek

2000s Fringe
    Big Bang Theory
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13

(Just some thoughts)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This tourney is going to be awesome

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe no one nominated for the 1950s Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Leave It to Beaver, and Zorro! I'll do so now.

Okay, I've decided to cap the first four decades at 24 nominations, and the next two decades at 32. Which we've now almost reached after a week of nominating, and I think it's a good amount and a great and fair representation of all sorts of TV series.

Country
    Country Flag

A few more noms that have to be nominated:

2000s: The Wire, Dead Like Me
    1990s: ER, NYPD Blue
    1980s: Amazing Stories, Red Dwarf, Quantum Leap
    1970s: Night Gallery, Taxi
    1960s: The Outer Limits, Here's Lucy, The Jetsons
    1950s: Perry Mason, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet

Country
    Country Flag

Just went back and filled in a couple I'd missed. We're now set with all our nominees for the 2000s and the 1990s. We need one more nominee for the 1980s, two more for the 1970s, three more for the 1960s, and five more for the 1050s.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG I missed Quantum Leap - def nominating that one please

Country
    Country Flag

I already did You're good.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Freaks and Geeks - 1999
    Sports Night - 1998

Can I nom those additinals?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry no more room for the '90s but Freaks and Geeks was already nominated. The updated list is linked to from the first post, don't forget.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast