Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Series of All Time (BTVSAT)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Imagine we get a LOST vs Dr. Who bracket ? ...

(rubs hands together earnestly)
    I shudder.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thank you to whoever nominated The Wonder Years, Twilight Zone, and Twin Peaks

Here's my nominations:
    1960's The Munsters
    1970's Facts of Life
    1990's Sex and the City
    2000's Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'll be back with the rest of my nominations soon.
    It was hard to narrow down some of mine, all my favorites seem to be in the same decades.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1950s: The Price is Right
    1960s: Bewitched
    1970s: M*A*S*H
    1980s: Transformers
    1990s: As Time Goes By
    2000s: The Shield

That's my six. I fought for a while over Transformers. I also wanted Night Court, but Transformers was my tv world when I was a kid.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Thank you to whoever nominated The Wonder Years, Twilight Zone, and Twin Peaks

The Wonder Years is, hands down, my favorite show of all time.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man! Nearly my entire list has already been nominated

Here's what I've got left:

50's: The Adventures Of Champion (aired as Champion The Wonder Horse over here)

70's: The Waltons

90's: My So Called Life

00's: Green Wing

I'll be back with 80's...I had Roseanne as my first choice, also Cheers and the Simpsons.
    I had The Munsters for 60's, M*A*S*H as my first 70's choice and Buffy and Frasier as 90's. Lost for 00's, but I'm sure that's obvious

I also had American Gothic in mind for 90's, but it only got one season. I nearly went with ER, I stopped watching it years ago, but the first few years were excellent.

ETA:
    60's: The Flintstones
    80's: Hill Street Blues

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

here are mine all i could think of right now

1990s: Angel
    2000s: Supernatural
    If you love me then love me..

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'm a little lost ... has someone nominated West Wing?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Already nominated.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I'm a little lost ... has someone nominated West Wing?
    Not as yet, no. There are plenty of my own favorites yet to be nominated. I'm not sure if I should nominate again yet.

My Mood
    Gay

pablo - can I have West Wing as a 2000? It premiered on the 1999/2000 season and ran until 2006.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately there are a few such cases. Seinfeld premiered in 1989. The Sopranos premiered in 1999. There's no easy and fair way of doing this, so West Wing has to be a 1990s series. There are also other cases where series span several decades (Doctor Who, The Simpsons). How do you classify those? So premiere date seems the most clear-cut and obvious, anything else seems too subjective.

My Mood
    Gay

No problemo! Rules are rule. I agree, we have to be steadfast or it gets crazy.

Okay.... someone please nominate West Wing!! Pretty please!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Already nominated.
    No problem. What about The Waltons? Has anyone nominated that?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Gay

Psstt... come on Sam, 1970s ... Bionic Woman!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Already nominated.
    Yup, you can see the master list of nominees thus far: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...2&postcount=34 Also linked from the first post.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I was named after Erin Walton. True story.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Gay

<-- has been to the Walton Family Museum in Virgina. My girl is a big Waltons fan.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Uh, hello Sam?! I nominated The Waltons, read my list why don'cha!

Country
    Country Flag

Hehe, no one has nominated The Dead Zone...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If I can nominate again....

2000s - Dexter

I want to nominate In Treatment but I don't think anyone on this site has even seen it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I want to nominate In Treatment but I don't think anyone on this site has even seen it.
    I have, it's a great show. Watching the third season that's just started.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Sunil episode was great. Wasn't a fan of the Tuesday episode but the rest has been fine. Dane Dehaan who played the wednesday episode shows signs of being a strong actor.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Lisa: I totally forgot about My So Called Life. It was an awesome show with too short of a run time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Lisa: I totally forgot about My So Called Life. It was an awesome show with too short of a run time.
    Indeed. A similar (and, in my opinion, better) series was Freaks and Geeks. If no one will nominate that any time soon, I guess I'll have to

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I would count those all as TV series, Jean. UK / BBC series, but series none-the-less.

Question : Dating the series? <edit> Sorry. I see you answered that. Debut year. Thank you.

Okay, so ... I nominate :
    1990s : Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    absolutely!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast