Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Treatment

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default In Treatment

New season starts Monday and just about finished my series re-watch. This show is simply too good for words. Season 3 is all new and not based from episodes of Be'Tipul, so it'll be interesting to see how it comes out. Rodrigo Garcia is incredibly talented so it should be good. While the show thus far has had great actors like Blair Underwood, Hope Davis, Dianne Wiest and John Mahoney it's also launched amazing new talent like Mia Wasikowa and Alison Pill. Season three is an unknown cast to me. I'm hoping that we'll see some amazing new talent. I'm so excited.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Got first two episodes downloading OMG

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of HBO's greatest series is back!

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/02/in...ba-1234616170/
    You know the usual players when it comes to conversations about HBO’s murderers row of prestige dramas. There’s the holy triumvirate in “The Sopranos,” “The Wire,” and “Deadwood” surrounded by their slightly less prestigious contemporaries in “Six Feet Under,” “Big Love,” and “Boardwalk Empire,” as well as more recent editions of the canon, including “The Leftovers,” “The Deuce,” and “Succession.”

But often overlooked when discussing HBO’s great drama series is “In Treatment,” a show centered around a single therapist, Dr. Paul Weston (Gabriel Byrne) and a rotating slate of patients. It was a small show, an unconventional half-hour drama that aired five episodes a week, the better to mimic a therapist’s schedule. But within those half-hour episodes, each representing a single therapy session, “In Treatment” packed a hell of a punch and in its first three seasons earned a Peabody Award, seven Emmy nominations, and two Emmy wins.

And now, as much of the United States nears a full year in pandemic-related lockdown, it only makes sense that people are talking about mental health issues more than ever. With meditation apps and on-demand talk therapy websites and Zoom counseling becoming more common than ever, why shouldn’t HBO be revisiting some of its most timeless intellectual property?

During WarnerMedia’s presentation at the CTAM Winter 2021 Press Tour on Wednesday morning, HBO announced more details about the upcoming fourth season of “In Treatment,” returning more than a decade after it last aired an episode.

The network shared that the series would return in May, with the previously announced Uzo Aduba replacing Byrne at the center of the series. Aduba plays Dr. Brooke Taylor, an empathetic Los Angeles-area therapist seeking to help her patients navigate their trauma and their lives.

Joining Aduba as her patients are Anthony Ramos (“Hamilton”), who plays a home health aide hoping to find an environment in which he is the one who is cared for, John Benjamin Hickey (“Manhattan”), a white-collar criminal struggling to adapt post-imprisonment, and Quintessa Swindell (“Euphoria”), a jaded teenager looking to make her own way in a world in which she seems powerless.

Rounding out the cast are Liza Colón-Zayas (“David Makes Man”) and Joel Kinnaman (“For All Mankind”) as individuals populating Taylor’s personal life, where issues are often just as complicated as those she helps her patients with while in session.

While HBO has yet to announce when, precisely, “In Treatment” will return in May, it feels like a safe bet to assume it’ll take place in plenty of time for Emmy eligibility, instantly making the show’s cast contenders in all relevant categories.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no way! I've heard rumblings of a revival, but it's such an obscure show that I didn't ever actually expect it to happen. I've been thinking about rewatching it too.

I'm not sure if it will be the same without Gabriel Byrne though. Here's just so damn good as the helmsman.

I wonder if Rodrigo Garcia is returning too.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to hope it's good. But the lack of Rodrigo Garcia worries me quite a bit. I've waited too long for a fourth season to get 24: Legacied all over again.

+ Reply to Thread