Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the Final ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christopher Nolan

14 50.00%
  • Stanley Kubrick

14 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TGDT - Semi Finals - Nolan vs Kubrick

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Full Metal Jacket. Why? Because it wasnt directed by Nolan.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. At this point I would vote for literally ANYONE over Nolan.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

this poll is closing tomorrow !

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nolan NEEDS more votes y'all.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    No.
    +1

sk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+1

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted Nolan, just watched The Prestige which was amazing and I watched Memento and both Batman's this month and I'm impressed.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a tie...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    I voted Nolan, just watched The Prestige which was amazing and I watched Memento and both Batman's this month and I'm impressed.
    Yes

And ah, would it be too much to ask for a small review in the rate thread in regards to the batman films ?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So you've based this opinion on two films that Nolan is a better filmmaker than Kubrick, who's made some of the most lauded films of the 20th century?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Four films : Memento, The Prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Nolan's work certainly can't compare with the most lauded films of the 19th century.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    So you've based this opinion on two films that Nolan is a better filmmaker than Kubrick, who's made some of the most lauded films of the 20th century?
    most lauded or the ones you love?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a big Kubrick fan, so there are quite a few directors I'd vote for over him. But as I've said before, I don't think it matters when the director started directing or if they only have 5 films compared the other directors 50, if they're good - they're good!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Poll ended in a tie , therefore :

Kubrick
    Pablo
    Jean
    turtlex
    Barry Eagan (Mattrick)
    frik
    McLovin (browningschilde)

Nolan
    feverishparade
    Sam
    Jigsaw (Ricky)
    Melike
    pathofturtle
    tempusfrangit
    Elvira (darkthoughts)

7 to 6, Nolan advances !

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just about to flip out from excitement, and then I realized that this means I'll have to choose between Hitchcock and Nolan.

It's like that time when I was little and a mean kid in class asked me whether I would save my mom or my dad if they were tied to train tracks and I only had time to save one of them and he told me if I didn't answer then ghosts would haunt me for the next 14 years of my life.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I was only thinking of it like picking between chocolate and vanilla.
    Please, take your time... it sounds like you've already had enough trauma.

Country
    Country Flag

I am kinda shocked. I do not consider Nolan fit for the finals by any means, say sorry. I have already posted about it in the Final thread.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A Clockwork Orange/Spartacus > Nolan.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

GAW!! DISGUSTED!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This only makes my final choice -Hitchcock/Nolan- so much easier.
    And we all know how that one's going to end!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    GAW!! DISGUSTED!
    Hear hear! I dunno what all the hoopla with Nolan is. He's a good director. Greatest? I could name dozens better.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I totally forgot about this round and definitely thought Kubrick would win, but am happy he didn't.

Don't try to predict the outcome of the finals, because "you want to be...fooled."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3