Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the Final ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christopher Nolan

14 50.00%
  • Stanley Kubrick

14 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Semi Finals - Nolan vs Kubrick

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Semi Finals - Nolan vs Kubrick

Christopher Nolan's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Memento,Inception, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Prestige

Stanley Kubrick's IMDB Page

Notable Films: A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Dr. Strangelove , Full Metal Jacket, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Please note : In case of a tie breaker in the polls, the posts below will count as the final tie breaker !

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kubrick.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gr. Gr. Gr.

Kubrick.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Kubrick.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do I vote with my mind, or my heart ?

My Mood
    Gay

Your heart, Feev.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

Nolan.

My Mood
    Gay

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nolan.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course, a blind rabbit working with deaf rats and no film could make a better film than Kubrick. Yes them's fighting words, but I've been forced at some point to sit through virtually every film Kubrick has made and not found even one that was worth the time invested in the initial viewing. Full Metal Jacket came close, but then there was that whole second half that ground the story to a screaming, screeching halt.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nolan.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Kubrick, easily. Shining/Clockwork Orange <3
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Shining is the reason I moderately regret having voted for Kubrick.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Nolan against Kubrick?

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    With whole of my heart...

It's Nolan.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

On the strength of 2001: A Space Odyssey alone: Kubrick!

sk

Tie!

Country
    Country Flag

tie indeed...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Of course, a blind rabbit working with deaf rats and no film could make a better film than Kubrick. Yes them's fighting words, but I've been forced at some point to sit through virtually every film Kubrick has made and not found even one that was worth the time invested in the initial viewing. Full Metal Jacket came close, but then there was that whole second half that ground the story to a screaming, screeching halt.
    Well, for the record, I didn't hate the second half of Full Metal Jacket; I just didn't like it as much as the first half. Still a good film on balance, one of the only Kubrick works I feel that way about. His best, to me, anyway is Dr. Strangelove. Otherwise, I can at least recognize skill in movies that didn't speak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Your heart, Feev.
    Ah. Okay. Me too?
    Nolan, then.

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, as much as I hate it - knowing you guys are going to vote for Nolan - I would encourage everyone to vote their heart. I mean, vote what you like, what you love, what you admire, vote what you feel... The means vote your heart. That's what I've been doing.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I didn't hate the second half of Full Metal Jacket; I just didn't like it as much as the first half.
    Same here, although I still love the film. Also, Vincent D'Onofrio's slow descent into madness as Pvt. Pyle is one of the most chilling performances I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I would encourage everyone to vote their heart. I mean, vote what you like, what you love, what you admire, vote what you feel... The means vote your heart. That's what I've been doing.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

On the strength of 2001: A Space Odyssey alone: Kubrick!
    I still have to see that and Full Metal Jacket.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People, please watch Barry Lyndon and then try and not vote for Kubrick I dare you.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to post this lastnight- Nolan.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    People, please watch Barry Lyndon and then try and not vote for Kubrick I dare you.
    Gee, thanks, pabs: it wasn't easy to set up my mental block.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Voters :

What is your favorite film by either director, and why ?

Country
    Country Flag

Kubrick's Barry Lyndon, because it's just a work of pure art, each frame is beautiful to look at like a painting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast