Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 714 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Mousetrap and Other Plays by Agatha Christie.
    In Digitized Remorse

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thanks to a dear @ .net I am reading Insomnia again.
    only this time its my book!!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

A Wrinkle In Time. I found it at Wal Mart today for under 5 bucks. I read most of it sitting in the park today. For a short while, I was 9 again and head over heels for Calvin.

and now I am back to being bookless.
    Last edited by Bethany; 06-03-2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: I read too fast.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I'm reading "Fistful of Rain" by Greg Rucka. It's good, it's really, really good.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started The Testament of Gregory Mack - I hope its as good as the blurb on the back cover!

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Road last night, one hell of a brilliant book....and now I am reading Dancing Wu Li Masters by Gary Zukav.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

**in response to Sarah listening to W&G**

Isn't it wonderful?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    OK, JUST finished Weaveworld - Clive Barker and now I'm reading "The God Delusion"
    Did you like Weaveworld? Those creepy sisters have invaded my dreams ever since I first read it years ago.

Currently reading? Nada Can't find anything that intrests me.
    agreed.... they were one of the best parts of that book!
    I enjoyed it, but it took me awhile to get into it... but that's true for me with most Clive Barker books.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

About 2/3 through David McCullough's biography of John Adams - a truly insightful read.

People were a lot smarter 200 years ago than they are today!

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Archie's Pals 'n Gals Double Digest

Truly gripping literature.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I can find some Vonnegut at the library today to supplement my slow-ass reading of Lisey's Story.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    OK, JUST finished Weaveworld - Clive Barker and now I'm reading "The God Delusion"
    Did you like Weaveworld? Those creepy sisters have invaded my dreams ever since I first read it years ago.

Currently reading? Nada Can't find anything that intrests me.
    agreed.... they were one of the best parts of that book!
    I enjoyed it, but it took me awhile to get into it... but that's true for me with most Clive Barker books.
    I've noticed that about some of CB's books - they take a while to get into, but if you stick with the story it really ends up paying off.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the way I was with Great and Secret Show. Very slow start but I loved the hell out of it.
    In Digitized Remorse

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This may seem strange but even though Kevin Costner butchered the movie, The Postman is a great book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

I liked the idea behind The Postman and was able to look past Mr Costner. I enjoyed the movie personally. I thought that Tom Petty had a great part in it heheh.

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The book itself is the idea realized. And the cool part about it is that it makes so much sense.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I love that movie. I have never understood why people hate it so much.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

I just started "HAUNTED" by Chuck Palahniuk. So far it has my attention, I hear he is a great writer.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chassit View Post
    I liked the idea behind The Postman and was able to look past Mr Costner. I enjoyed the movie personally. I thought that Tom Petty had a great part in it heheh.

XIX
    Yes! I am a huge Tom Petty fan and I loved his role in the movie! Aww Chassit....I didn't think I could like you anymore than I already do.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I've been doing re-reads. The Gunslinger for the group re-read and Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince in anticipation of the new book.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started Lisey's Story again finally.
    Also picked up Slaughterhouse-Five and Timequake at the library. I'm re-reading the former and reading the latter for the first time.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Another Bullshit Night in Suck City: A Memoir by Nick Flynn
    and I loved it.
    From Amazon:
    Flynn's wayward father, a self-styled writer and ex-con, describes his life on Boston's streets as "another bullshit night in Suck City": he hangs out in ATM lobbies, stuffs his coat with newspaper and is often "still drunk from the night before." This biting memoir describes the years poet Flynn (Some Ether; Blind Huber) spent, in his late 20s, working at one of the city's homeless shelters, where his path crisscrossed with his down-and-out father's. In examining their troublesome relationship, Flynn admits to feeling lost, as he turned to alcohol and came close to being on the other side of the shelter admissions booth himself. Punchy language and short chapters make what could otherwise be excessively painful more palatable (e.g., "Fact: In 1839 Dostoyevsky witnessed a mob of peasants attacking his father.... they poured vodka down his throat until he died. Fact: I can watch my father pouring vodka down his own throat any day of the week. My role is to play the son, though I often feel like a mob of peasants"). Although it's depressing, the book never seems hopeless, because readers know the author has succeeded at doing what his father only pretended to do: write, and write well.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

I just picked up the first book in Pullman's His Dark Materials series. I'm falling in love with the story, haven't been able to set it down.
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the Gunslinger (re-read) going and also just about done with Lisey's Story.

My chest hurts

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    Also picked up Slaughterhouse-Five and Timequake at the library. I'm re-reading the former and reading the latter for the first time.
    I loved Timequake - have you read The Sirens of Titan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 714 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast