Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 706 of 713 FirstFirst ... 206 606 656 696 704 705 706 707 708 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,650 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seed

ISO: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here read The Snowman by Jo Nesbo? (the book that the apparently god awful movie with Fassbender was based off of)

I want to jump straight to book 7, The Snowman, but wondering if I need to have read any of the other novels in the series first...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did. Great book. Not a great movie. Lol and no you can read any of the books stand-alone
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaks the Nightbird by Robert McCammon
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I did. Great book. Not a great movie. Lol and no you can read any of the books stand-alone
    I know, it broke my heart when I heard the movie sucked. Fassbender, Alfredson directing, awesome premise. Bummer

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

well i'm currently reading London Bridges (2004) by James Patterson it's not one of his best thus far but it's not among his worst either that would Alex Cross #10 i think there's something like #30 of them now i think?

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

well Early this Morning i finished the said book i hadn't started it recently anyways but last fall but than put it down when i just didn't feel like reading anymore. i dunno what i'm gonna read next to be honest maybe the next book in the series whichis called Mary, Mary (2005) by the same Author of course James Patterson. or maybe something entirely different or hell maybe i'll finish a book i had already started as well?? i just dunno yet don't you just hate it when that happens? i just have to be in the mood for an author or a genre i'm weird like that i dunno why i am but i am.

Country
    Country Flag

I will Find you: Solving Killer Cases from my Life Fighting Crime by Joe Kenda (2017) and it's pretty good thus far i'm only 50% into it i'm reading it on my Kindle as i don't currently own it in physical form so i can only go by the Percentage on this one

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Taking another journey to The Dark Tower.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

good for you i still need to finish my 1st run he he he anyways i finished up the book i was reading the Joe Kenda book it was pretty damn good i think too. now i'm reading as of now anyways who the hell knows if it will change
    but i'm reading Mary, Mary (2005) by James Patterson Alex Cross Book #11

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Love that book and series, best series ever!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

honestly i've never heard of that author to be honest

Country
    Country Flag

well i'm reading one called Vanishing Ladies (1958) it's an old book by Ed McBain and it's a book he put out as in another name i forget which one cause he used a few different ones in the 50's. anyways it's a pretty damn good book thus far at only #155 pages it was a pretty slow start actually but once things picked up it's turned out to be a pretty damn good book! i've only got #30 pages left of it it to read i dunno what else i'm gonna read after that i'm thinking maybe Dean Koontz i dunno yet we shall see i suppose

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I loved the first book. I'm onto The Queen of Bedlam now!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The Burning Girls by C.J. Tudor
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It gets better every book
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

well i finished The Vanishing Ladies (1957) i thought it was (1958) i was wrong apparently. McBain did do a lot of books that year to be fair. and it was a damn good one i always read by what i'm in the mood and by the time i felt like reading i was in the mood for the next Alex Cross Book called well Cross from (2006) i'm only on page 42 Chapter 13 which isn't that far at all as i just started it last night but 'm sure it won't take me that long to read this one either lol. of course this one also is written by James Patterson

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

finished
    boris meyn - fememord
    Spoiler:
    Boris Meyn immerse the reader in the unique culture of the Weimar Republic. Music, policics,Zeitgeist, lifestyle, fashion, architecture, film, literature, just about everything that made the 1920s so special is interwoven with an exciting crime story, lokated in Berlin and my hometown Hamburg.

finished
    Richard Lorenz - Amerika-Plakate
    Spoiler:
    Hard to describe, probably the best book I've read this year.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It gets better every book
    Absolutely LOVE this series, but the first, Speaks the Nightbird, is still my favorite.

sk

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It's an outstanding series. Volume 8 is out next month.

I'm currently on another journey to the Dark Tower. I've just finished The Waste Lands, and am sojourning in Insomnia before continuing on to Wizard and Glass.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

i have since finished Cross-James Patterson (2006) Alex Cross #12 and i liked it i really did, the book is promoted when it came on and on the cover and the flap of the book as Alex goes after the killer who killed his wife and it was promoted that way as well. however the entire book is him trying to get over her even if she had been killed 12 years before and he wants to be able to move on with his life, yes he does find out who killed her but that's at the really the tale end of the book and i mean within the last few pages of the book. the rest is him going after a different killer and dealing with him. it's a story that really needed to be written and should have been written with him finding out who the fuck killed his wife

a lot sooner than it was but the book gives you false promotion in that the entire book is him going after his wife's killer it wasn't not by far. either way it was a good book but it's not one of my favorites i'd say 4 out of 5 stars anyway i have since started another book in which i had to start this one over and i had only read #53 pages of it anyways so it wasn't that much of it and that's The Last Precinct by Patrica Cornwell (2000) Kay Scarpetta #11. i'm now up to page #162

with Cross i normally don't post all that but since the flap of the book gives you the wrong impression on what it is all about i posted abut that here, the one i am reading now The Last Precinct (2000) Kay Gets Framed for Murder which is a storyline in books and tv shows that honestly has been done to fucking death. it's really surprising that Cornwell didn't do that years before she did this book. in this one she gets framed for killing a Captain? Chief? i forget what the position she was that was killed by a Serial Killer who goes by the name the werewolf. in this one it takes place right after the last one left off, Black Notice (1999) didn't end on a cliff hanger though so if you read the last one and start this one i'd say do that cause they mention shit in the last book that i forgot since i read it last year it's so far a decent book but than i'm not that far into it just yet either the book since i have the paperback of it is only #597 pages so i've still got a long way to go

sorry for the ramblings on here ladies and gents

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldsboro Books has signed copies of the upcoming Werner Herzog novel "The Twilight World" for preorder.

"In his first novel, the great filmmaker, Werner Herzog, tells the incredible story of a Japanese soldier who defended a small island for twenty-nine years after the end of World War II."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Goldsboro Books has signed copies of the upcoming Werner Herzog novel "The Twilight World" for preorder.

"In his first novel, the great filmmaker, Werner Herzog, tells the incredible story of a Japanese soldier who defended a small island for twenty-nine years after the end of World War II."
    You have to read it in his voice though.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman - American Gods

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

You have to read it in his voice though.
    If only Klaus Kinski were still alive they could beat each other over the head with copies. Kinski wrote a great narcissistic autobiography. It contains gems like he once contemplated eating a cow while it was still alive during the war because he didn't have the means to kill it (having rejected the idea of strangling the cow with his bare hands as implausible). Also every woman he encountered found him irresistible and insisted on sleeping with him. Or so he says.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 706 of 713 FirstFirst ... 206 606 656 696 704 705 706 707 708 ... LastLast