Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 704 of 714 FirstFirst ... 204 604 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 ... LastLast
Results 17,576 to 17,600 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Falling Angel which was quite the fun read. Starting Suffer The Children by John Saul since I received a CD ARC of it and it is something I never thought about reading before.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris. It’s a reread, but I’ve only read it once about 25 years ago. I remember liking it, but there are a lot of details I’ve forgotten. The writing holds up.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris. It’s a reread, but I’ve only read it once about 25 years ago. I remember liking it, but there are a lot of details I’ve forgotten. The writing holds up.

HBJ
    Read it last year for the first time and I really enjoyed it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    Read it last year for the first time and I really enjoyed it.
    I'm about 3/4 of the way through now, and it's *very* good. I remembered it being good, but not this good.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

More Better Deals by Joe Lansdale. He is one of the best writers of dialogue going and his stories aren't too shabby either!

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I finished Bag of Bones. It had some of my favorite King writing but definitely nowhere near my favorite King story. Good ending.

Finished Gone To See The River Man by Kristopher Triana. I loved it.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Three Body problem, and The Dark Forest, Halfway through Death's End by Cixin Liu. The best Sci-Fi trilogy that I have read since The Passage.
    Although I guess The Passage is more horror than Sci-fi.
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finishing up The Five by Robert McCammon. Very solid story, one of my favs by him so far.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just got a few copies Later in the mail from Titan... will be reading this ASAP!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Started House of Leaves. I'm enjoying portions of it, but also hating portions of it so far.

I'm also continuing on with my winter horror reads with The Eleventh Floor by Shani Struthers. Has anyone read any of her books? I read another around Christmastime that I loved, and another one that I didn't care for as much. Enjoying this one so far, and thinking of checking out some more, just not sure what ones to pick up.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished The Vanishing Half. Really fantastic read with super timely themes.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Finished Three Body problem, and The Dark Forest, Halfway through Death's End by Cixin Liu. The best Sci-Fi trilogy that I have read since The Passage.
    Although I guess The Passage is more horror than Sci-fi.
    I read the first two books. The first one was great, but Dark Forest was amazing. I keep putting off Death's End because I've been focusing on horror. But I can't wait to read it.

I finished The Girl Next Door (Jack Ketchum) and Full Brutal by Kristopher Triana.

Girl Next Door was good. Obviously a horrendous story. I didn't love the sympathetic main character.

Anyone else read Kristopher Triana's books? He makes Bachman seem like RL Stein (in terms of violence/sex/gore). I heartily recommend Gone To See The River Man. It was fantastic. I really liked Full Brutal too -- although it got so extreme that it dilutes the impact a little.

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    The first one was great, but Dark Forest was amazing.
    ^^ This.

Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The last Town - Blake Crouch
    What a fun fast paced series, sad to see it end. Going to have to read some other stuff by him.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sidhartha by Herman Hesse - I try to mix in some old classics every now and then,

Just finished The Bank by Bentley Little and loved it 'til the end. The ending was weak. Altogether though this is my third Bentley Little book and I like his style.

Next up might be a King re-read, though not sure which one - plenty to choose from, but for sure will pick one I've only read once!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    What a fun fast paced series, sad to see it end. Going to have to read some other stuff by him.
    I hear that Dark Matter is pretty excellent. It's on my list.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I own that one and Recursions limited's, got them for Xmas. They are on my list also.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I hear that Dark Matter is pretty excellent. It's on my list.
    Dark Matter is excellent, as is his latest Recursion, which I think is even better. Plus alot of his earlier books are really good. Honestly I don't think you'll be disappointed in anything you pick up by him Feev you should read Summer Frost. It's nothing new idea wise, but I think it's one you would really enjoy.

Garrell, I don't know if you ever read on a kindle, but a lot of his older books are available on KU. Also there's a whole slew of short stories based off of the world he created in Wayward Pines that build on the story. They're all written by different authors. I've read a handful and some were pretty good. They're all available on KU as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be checking out more of his stuff, Wayward Pines was amazing.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Feev you should read Summer Frost. It's nothing new idea wise, but I think it's one you would really enjoy.
    Just read the synopsis on Amazon - SOLD! It's in my cart, will in all likelihood be my next book

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished my first reading of The Colorado Kid in anticipation of Later. I'm not sure how to feel about it, lol. Stephen King said you'll either love it or hate it, but I'm truly in the middle. I can see why people like it, just as much as they might hate it. We'll see how I remember the book with the passage of time

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Just finished my first reading of The Colorado Kid in anticipation of Later. I'm not sure how to feel about it, lol. Stephen King said you'll either love it or hate it, but I'm truly in the middle. I can see why people like it, just as much as they might hate it. We'll see how I remember the book with the passage of time
    I feel somewhat ambivalent about the novels written during King's "novels don't need a satisfying ending" kick. CK was one of those, I think.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Feev you should read Summer Frost. It's nothing new idea wise, but I think it's one you would really enjoy.
    Just read the synopsis on Amazon - SOLD! It's in my cart, will in all likelihood be my next book
    Let me know what you think of it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 704 of 714 FirstFirst ... 204 604 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 ... LastLast