Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 691 of 714 FirstFirst ... 191 591 641 681 689 690 691 692 693 701 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,275 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Also sorry to hear about your eyes.
    If there is one book I am going to reread because of this virus crap, it will be THE UNCUT THE STAND.
    And maybe TO YOUR SCATTERED BODIES GO
    And maybe FIRESTARTER
    And maybe MISERY
    And maybe CUJO
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Tonight I begin a special re-read. I am embarking on reading the Stand, uncut in the middle of this pandemic lockdown! crazy huh?

I dont believe I have ever read the uncut version before and it's certainly possible that I have not read the Stand since I was a teenager. It is hard for me to remember my early King reading history. I do remember being enraptured by the Stand when I first read it. It really knocked my socks off.

and now I am off to experience the Dark Chest of Wonders
    Jealous! Oh to read my favorite book again for the first time uncut.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Little Heaven by Nick Cutter and I enjoyed it overall. Less grotesque than The Deep and The Troop. I am starting The Girl Who Loves Tom Gordon which for some reason I've never read while still reading The Bank then I might have to jump on the reread of The Stand Uncut.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Just started The Bank by Bentley Little. I've never read any of his books and all I know is that he seems to be not appreciated by some members here...especially a well known unboxer. I wouldn't have sought out any of his books but I received Walking Alone in a CD grab bag and The Bank in the CD ARC grab bag. I'm only a little bit into The Bank so I don't want to make any quick judgements but there is something about his writing that doesn't seem to work for me.
    I've only read one Bentley Little book, The University, and it scarred me so much I've been hesitant to pick up another by him, although I do have The Store sitting on my bookshelf for if I decide to. Not sure if all his books are like this or I just picked the wrong one to start with, but it was all gratuitous sex throughout the whole book, it was so off putting. Let me know what you think of The Bank once you're finished.
    Finished The Bank a couple of days ago and I was just meh about it. My mind kept going to Needful Things as I read it but it is nowhere near as enjoyable. There wasn't a lot of gratuitous sex but there was some that just added nothing to the story at all. I'll read his other book I have just because I have it but it isn't on the top of the to read pile.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks. I really do hate when horror authors feel the need to toss in sex for no reason. Richard Laymon is another author that I see recommended all the time, but I've only read one book by him (and the first chapter of another one) and both were just all sex that it turned me off from reading any more of his books.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

The Mirror and the Light, Hilary Mantel Waited a while for this epic.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently finished Once Upon A River by Diane Setterfield.

Set in the late 19th century but feeling much earlier than that (to great effect), it's an engrossing mystery with a pronounced fairy-tale feel, in which things are happening even as you wait to learn just what is going on...with satisfying results.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently started Mr. Mercedes (yes, I have some catching up to do).

I'm about 150 pages in and finding it quite gripping, really enjoying it, much more than I did The Institute (not that TI was bad, not at all).

...King sure does love exaggerated stereotype old-time black person speech, doesn't he? Or he really seems to think such characters would like to speak that way. I'm not offended; it's just a strange wart (or large freckle anyway) on the face of this novel.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Mercedes is one of my favorite "new" Kings.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I really loved the whole MR. MERCEDES trilogy (quadrilogy?), and I do agree with you about King's characters often strange phrasing and wordplay. It's one of the things that really turned me off of the last few Dark Tower books. And words like 'sai' and 'ka-tet' and other High Speech usages just made me squirm.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here, have a popkin, sai.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yup, I am squirming.

Traveler Bulphd is on a distinguished road

Reading Camera Obscura by Lavie Tidhar. Steampunkey pulp mystery. Have to finish Revival, but my lady got me Beahm's latest edition of Stephen King Companion so I am working thru that also.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished If It Bleeds and enjoyed it. The Life Of Chuck would have to be my favorite of the four due to it being a tad off the wall. I can do without Holly stories but if he writes more I'll read them. Starting The Devil Crept in by Ania Ahlborn and she hasn't disappointed me yet...let's see if the streak continues.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Disappearance at Devil’s Rock by Paul Tremblay. It was ok but loved the other two of his that I’ve read. This one was just ok.
    Started Speaks the Nightbird by Robert McCammon. Loving it so far.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Disappearance at Devil's Rock is probably my least favorite Tremblay, but it's one that's also really stuck with me. I'll be curious if it's one you think about after it's settled for a bit with you.

I've been on a bit of a reading frenzy lately. Just finished Out Behind the Barn by John Boden and Chad Lutzke. Absolutely loved it. Finishing up The Carrow Haunt by Darcey Coates who is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine. Also finally got around to reading The Stepford Wives. That one was a bit blah for me though. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Dark Advant and loved it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finishing up The Carrow Haunt by Darcey Coates who is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine.
    I've been seeing her books around for years, and they always jump out at me (especially Parasite, just because I think it has a really cool cover), but I still haven't picked one up. Of the ones you've read, which would you recommend most?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Finishing up The Carrow Haunt by Darcey Coates who is quickly becoming a new favorite of mine.
    I've been seeing her books around for years, and they always jump out at me (especially Parasite, just because I think it has a really cool cover), but I still haven't picked one up. Of the ones you've read, which would you recommend most?
    I haven't read Parasite yet, but it's on my list. I've only read a handful so far, but with the exception of one of them (Book 2 of her new Black Winter series) I've really enjoyed them all. My favorite so far would probably be The Haunting of Ashburn House.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite so far would probably be The Haunting of Ashburn House.
    I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    My favorite so far would probably be The Haunting of Ashburn House.
    I'll add it to my list. Thanks!
    Hope you enjoy it

Country
    Country Flag

Also finally got around to reading The Stepford Wives. That one was a bit blah for me though. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.
    Aw, really? The Stepford Wives is one of my favorites.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Also finally got around to reading The Stepford Wives. That one was a bit blah for me though. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.
    Aw, really? The Stepford Wives is one of my favorites.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what it was, but it just didn't fully captivate me for some reason. Have you read Rosemary's Baby?

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't but it's been on my list for years. I've seen the movie, so I guess that's part of what has kept me away. How close are they to each other?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 691 of 714 FirstFirst ... 191 591 641 681 689 690 691 692 693 701 ... LastLast