Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 686 of 714 FirstFirst ... 186 586 636 676 684 685 686 687 688 696 ... LastLast
Results 17,126 to 17,150 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Cabin At The End Of The World and I don't know how I feel about it. I didn't not like it but I just don't know. Are there other Tremblay books I should give a shot? Now starting The Bird Eater by Ania Ahlborn. She's 3/3 with me and I'm hoping the streak continues.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The general consensus seems to be that A Head Full of Ghosts is his best work.

Reading: Jack Vance - The Dirdir

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Third thru Swan Song. Crazy great story. Absolutely loving it.. already bought Boy’s Life tonight so it is on the list to say the least.
    I'm so glad you're liking it. It IS pretty great, isn't it?

HBJ
    I am excited to give that a read

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Just finished The Cabin At The End Of The World and I don't know how I feel about it. I didn't not like it but I just don't know. Are there other Tremblay books I should give a shot? Now starting The Bird Eater by Ania Ahlborn. She's 3/3 with me and I'm hoping the streak continues.
    I was conflicted after finishing The Cabin At The End Of The World. I have mental digested it and realized I loved it. Head Full of Ghost was great but I still love The Cabin...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

I was conflicted after finishing The Cabin At The End Of The World. I have mental digested it and realized I loved it. Head Full of Ghost was great but I still love The Cabin...
    I'll put Head Full Of Ghosts on my to read list and I'll be digesting Cabin for a bit.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Dark Advent by Brian Hodge, started Eye by David J. Schow.

DA was pretty shameless in, ahem, drawing inspiration from The Stand and Swan Song. Good story, fast pacing, interesting characters, and despite some clunky writing, this was pretty enjoyable.
    Man I can’t even buy dark Advent in Nova Scotia at chapters... where did you get your copy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

I'll put Head Full Of Ghosts on my to read list and I'll be digesting Cabin for a bit.
    A Head Full of Ghosts is excellent, definitely recommend checking it out. I also loved Cabin. It's such a heartbreaking story, and as you reflect on it you might grow to appreciate it more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

DA was pretty shameless in, ahem, drawing inspiration from The Stand and Swan Song. Good story, fast pacing, interesting characters, and despite some clunky writing, this was pretty enjoyable.
    Man I can’t even buy dark Advent in Nova Scotia at chapters... where did you get your copy?

It's a limited from Cemetery Dance. You'd probably have more luck finding a used copy. I'm not normally one to suggest getting an eBook but shipping on this baby will cost you more than the book. It's a big one. This is the cheapest it's ever been: https://www.amazon.ca/Dark-Advent-Br...4378146&sr=8-1

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a limited from Cemetery Dance. You'd probably have more luck finding a used copy. I'm not normally one to suggest getting an eBook but shipping on this baby will cost you more than the book. It's a big book. This is the cheapest it's ever been: https://www.amazon.ca/Dark-Advent-Br...4378146&sr=8-1
    Thanks man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy, it's a good one.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got me a hard copy cheap on eBay($25), arrived today. It is a couple notches down on the read list but that was the reason I got one.
    I use Audible and it is not available there. That is why I grabbed it.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Got me a hard copy cheap on eBay($25), arrived today. It is a couple notches down on the read list but that was the reason I got one.
    can I buy it when you are done readying it Brother?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If I hate it yes got the CD signed one.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

If I hate it yes got the CD signed one.
    Lol k

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone read: The Book of the New Sun series? Good?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes sir. Took me a bit getting used to his writing style. I only read the book of the new sun of the solar cycle and loved it! You are in for a ride ! I need to track down the other books one day...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"George" by Alex Gino. A sweet and poignant YA or middle-grade I guess book about a girl who everyone else sees as a boy. Definitely hits me in the stupid feels a whole lot. Perfect reading for these pandemicky times.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Has anyone read: The Book of the New Sun series? Good?
    So ... yes, they are very good. But they are ... unusual. The writing style has a somewhat detached quality to it, and the plot is not straightforward. I would recommend you try it, but I can't predict whether you will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Yes sir. Took me a bit getting used to his writing style. I only read the book of the new sun of the solar cycle and loved it! You are in for a ride ! I need to track down the other books one day...
    You should absolutely read them. Both series are fantastic. Short Sun is extraordinary.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First reading of Rosemary's Baby
    Struggling through King's The Institute

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    First reading of Rosemary's Baby
    Struggling through King's The Institute
    Love RB! The Institute was just meh for me.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Jack Vance - The Dirdir

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Jack Vance - The Dirdir
    That is a dear, dear book.
    You can't go wrong with Vance.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Jack Vance - The Dirdir
    That is a dear, dear book.
    You can't go wrong with Vance.
    Indeed. Such fun adventures. I think I like Adam Reith more than Rialto the self-serving dickhead. I picked up the Planet of Adventure omnibus, Demon Princes omnibus and The Complete Lyonesse.

I tried reading that tribute to Vance from Subterranean but his style is hard to imitate.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The Bird Eater and Ania Ahlborn is 4/4 with me. It didn't quite reach the heights of her other books I read so far but I did enjoy it overall. Now reading The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It's been awhile since I've read these books and I've never read the whole series one after the other so it should be fun as long as I don't forget my towel.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Don’t panic.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 686 of 714 FirstFirst ... 186 586 636 676 684 685 686 687 688 696 ... LastLast