Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 682 of 713 FirstFirst ... 182 582 632 672 680 681 682 683 684 692 ... LastLast
Results 17,026 to 17,050 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    St. Troy: everyone who reads Dickens these days conquers bears' heart forever!
    What, doesn’t everyone?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have never read Dickens, what's a good one to start with?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A Christmas Carol is quite short and will go easy on you if the style (dense but not fatiguing) isn’t what you’re used to.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I recently read A Tale of Two Cities for the first time, and was pleasantly surprised at how readable it was, how well written it was, and how much it was ultimately about individuals as much as broad history.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Full Throttle and I enjoyed it immensely. My favorite stories would have to be Faun, All I Care About Is You and You Are Released. The only story I had an issue with at first was Twittering From the Circus of the Dead but by the end I thought it wasn't as gimmicky as I first found it to be.

Started reading The Wide Carnivorous Sky & Other Monstrous Geographies by John Langan.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally got around to starting We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. Loving it so far.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finally got around to starting We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. Loving it so far.
    Good to know; I have to get around to reading that.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm about halfway through, so we'll see how I feel by the end of it, but right now I'm enjoying it way more than The Haunting of Hill House.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm about halfway through, so we'll see how I feel by the end of it, but right now I'm enjoying it way more than The Haunting of Hill House.
    Both are timeless classics but I too would give a slight edge to Castle. Like, 1%.

The wisest course of action is to read both and then finish on a high note with The Lottery.

I'm going to pick up Borne from the library. I know nothing about it but I loved Annihilation.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Both are timeless classics but I too would give a slight edge to Castle. Like, 1%.

The wisest course of action is to read both and then finish on a high note with The Lottery.

I'm going to pick up Borne from the library. I know nothing about it but I loved Annihilation.
    Did you read all 3 of the Annihilation trilogy?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just the first one. I've read reviews that sequels aren't as good. Annihilation had a satisfying ending so I didn't really think I absolutely had to have all the answers.

Do you think I should read all of them?

I plan to read The Lottery next. I read it ages ago so dont really remember it aside from the basic premise.

And let me know what you think of Borne. I've had it on my shelf for awhile but haven't gotten to it yet.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just the first one. I've read reviews that sequels aren't as good. Annihilation had a satisfying ending so I didn't really think I absolutely had to have all the answers.

i wouldn't. i couldn't get though the 3rd.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

i wouldn't. i couldn't get though the 3rd.
    Nor I. The 3rd one is total trash. I could not believe how bad it was AND the only book I have not finished.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I too only read Annihilation after hearing how bad the other two are. Works perfectly fine as a standalone story.

I'd also recommend stopping after Annihilation. I loved that book so much, but hated 2 and 3.

Country
    Country Flag

Then it's settled, adieu sequels, hello Borne.

Finished We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Absolutely loved it! My favorite read of the year so far.

I was just searching through my shelves and came across Hangsman by Shirley Jackson. Have you read this one, and is it good?

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet. I'm on a mission to read every book I own with only a few exceptions that I just can't resist.

See you all in a few years lol.

I was just thinking the same thing last night. I was going thru some of my shelves and there's all these books there that I haven't read, and a lot of them I had forgotten about. That's where I found Hangsman which I didn't even know I had

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished my second read of The Stand. What can you say about that book that has not already been said. Started CDs This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of Stephen King's The Stand and my first read of I Am Legend begins tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Finished my second read of The Stand. What can you say about that book that has not already been said. Started CDs This Dark Chest of Wonders: 40 Years of Stephen King's The Stand and my first read of I Am Legend begins tonight.

I only read it once.. original cut... I should grab the extended.... what version you read?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

I only read it once.. original cut... I should grab the extended.... what version you read?
    I am actually the opposite, Kris. Never read the original. Read the extended cut. Last read? Freshmen year in HS. Crazy.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

About to reread Misery but this time it'll be the Suntup AGE.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    About to reread Misery but this time it'll be the Suntup AGE.
    Exciting! First King book I ever read! Reading the Suntup should be special.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 682 of 713 FirstFirst ... 182 582 632 672 680 681 682 683 684 692 ... LastLast