Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 646 of 713 FirstFirst ... 146 546 596 636 644 645 646 647 648 656 696 ... LastLast
Results 16,126 to 16,150 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I'm reading The Iliad and The Odyssey.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Thanks for the ratings. I plan on reading Dark Matter next as I picked it up cheap at HPB.
    You won't be disappointed, it's a great book!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Thanks for the ratings. I plan on reading Dark Matter next as I picked it up cheap at HPB.
    You won't be disappointed, it's a great book!
    AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Finally finished The Terror. Might have been the slowest book I’ve ever read. But, it all pays off doesn’t it? What a ride.

Spoiler:
    I kept seeing reviews saying there’s nothing supernatural about this book. Complete and utter bullshit, right? The thing on the ice was a spirit that took the shape of a white bear and sucked souls out of real people. How is that not supernatural? Unless these people are saying that it was all a bunch of Eskimo mumbo jumbo and it was really just an unnaturally gigantic polar bear that the Esquimaux falsely believed was a spirit? What about the premonitions? Or how the bear didn’t eat Hickey? Or how the bear chewed off Crozier’s tongue? It’s based on true events but it was still fiction. I’m in Camp Supernatural on this. Curious if anyone here disagrees.
    There's definitely a supernatural aspect to the book. Suprised that some people say there isn't. What I liked about it though, was that aspect of the story took a backseat to the main storyline. I didn't find it to be slow one bit. But I am fascinated by the arctic so I loved all that stuff. So glad you enjoyed the book
    I really did. I was thinking it’s the first time I’ve considered immediately re-reading a book. I think now, after I’ve come to appreciate it it for the masterpiece it really is, the first 2/3 (or however much it was) I found slow will now be literary gold to me. But I have the show to watch now so perhaps I’ll save the re-read for another time.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Has anyone read and liked In Cold Blood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of the greatest books I've read. A permanent top ten fixture for me.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally finished The Terror. Might have been the slowest book I’ve ever read. But, it all pays off doesn’t it? What a ride.

Spoiler:
    I kept seeing reviews saying there’s nothing supernatural about this book. Complete and utter bullshit, right? The thing on the ice was a spirit that took the shape of a white bear and sucked souls out of real people. How is that not supernatural? Unless these people are saying that it was all a bunch of Eskimo mumbo jumbo and it was really just an unnaturally gigantic polar bear that the Esquimaux falsely believed was a spirit? What about the premonitions? Or how the bear didn’t eat Hickey? Or how the bear chewed off Crozier’s tongue? It’s based on true events but it was still fiction. I’m in Camp Supernatural on this. Curious if anyone here disagrees.
    There's definitely a supernatural aspect to the book. Suprised that some people say there isn't. What I liked about it though, was that aspect of the story took a backseat to the main storyline. I didn't find it to be slow one bit. But I am fascinated by the arctic so I loved all that stuff. So glad you enjoyed the book
    I really did. I was thinking it’s the first time I’ve considered immediately re-reading a book. I think now, after I’ve come to appreciate it it for the masterpiece it really is, the first 2/3 (or however much it was) I found slow will now be literary gold to me. But I have the show to watch now so perhaps I’ll save the re-read for another time.
    Just to forwarn you, the show is very different from the book.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Did you like it?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Kill Creek. I was tired and only managed a few pages. I did like that he quoted Lovecraft at the beginning of the book.

Did you like it?
    It started off with potential but then went downward for me. But I also typically hate when they stray from the source material. If I didn't love the book so much then maybe I might have enjoyed it more. It's hard to say.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone who read Wayward Pines how did the show hold up? I just finished book one and then watches the first episode and I feel like the finished 2/3 of the first book in one episode. How is there 2 seasons...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    For anyone who read Wayward Pines how did the show hold up? I just finished book one and then watches the first episode and I feel like the finished 2/3 of the first book in one episode. How is there 2 seasons...
    They stray from the books.

The books are better IMHO.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Far better.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Far better.

+1

Country
    Country Flag

I want Paul to do a limited for Suntup of them. It was one of my pics on his form he had everyone fill out.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The show sucked. I didn't even watch season 2.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The show sucked. I didn't even watch season 2.
    Haven't read the book but agree about the show. Was interesting at first, then it just got dumb.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Don't let the show deter you from reading the books. They're very different and a million times better than the show.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't let the show deter you from reading the books. They're very different and a million times better than the show.
    Picking up number 2 today. Was not expecting tat ending to #1 one. I feel like this just shifted genres from Horror to Sci-fi

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good to hear. I liked season one, but season two, well...it's not that it was awful (like the recent The Mist adaptation (which I watched through to the bitter, pitiful end), or Under The Dome "miniseries" (which I gave up on about :15 into season 2)), it just kept seeming like some significant development was right around the corner, but never quite arrived (yes, they ended with a bit of a tantalizing information, but...not enough). They added Djimon Hounsou for season 2, and while he did a good job, he was basically wasted amidst the dull nothing of that season. If it came back for season 3 (which supposedly hasn't been ruled out), I admit, I would watch.

...having said all that, I am curious about the books and will eventually try them.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the Wayward Pines TV series, but Heather's right, it wasn't as good as the books (obviously). They kind of blaze through all three books in the first season, then, in Season 2, add a bunch of new characters and a subplot of the younger generation trying to overthrow the town, which kind of didn't work for me (
    Spoiler:
    AND killing off all the cool original characters in glorified cameos
    ).

But, since you brought it up, it's definitely leagues better than Under the Dome and The Mist (which was probably one of the worst adaptations/TV shows I've seen).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I liked the Wayward Pines TV series, but Heather's right, it wasn't as good as the books (obviously). They kind of blaze through all three books in the first season, then, in Season 2, add a bunch of new characters and a subplot of the younger generation trying to overthrow the town, which kind of didn't work for me (
    Spoiler:
    AND killing off all the cool original characters in glorified cameos
    ).

But, since you brought it up, it's definitely leagues better than Under the Dome and The Mist (which was probably one of the worst adaptations/TV shows I've seen).
    Under the Dome was ok I thought for the better part of the first season and I suffered through The Mist for six episodes and bailed.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ughh. I didn't like UTD (book or show) so can't provide a fair opinion but they beat The Mist to death as a show. It was awful, putrid, and simply disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Under the Dome was ok I thought for the better part of the first season and I suffered through The Mist for six episodes and bailed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Ughh. I didn't like UTD (book or show) so can't provide a fair opinion but they beat The Mist to death as a show. It was awful, putrid, and simply disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I enjoyed reading UTD but completely agree about The Mist program.

I also hated Under the Dome tv series, but loved the book. I don't even think I watched the second season. I tried to watch The Mist, but not even sure I made it through the first episode.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You didn't miss out on The Mist.

Just finished Sharp Objects (and loved it, probably more than Gone Girl), and moving onto The President Is Missing soon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 646 of 713 FirstFirst ... 146 546 596 636 644 645 646 647 648 656 696 ... LastLast