Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 599 of 714 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 649 699 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,975 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

Of the ones you mentioned, if I were to choose a favorite, it would be The Dead Zone. From there, I would say Firestarter then Christine and EoW. I loved The Dead Zone.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    70 pages from finishing The City of Mirrors. I've liked this one much better than The Twelve.

The King novels I haven't read are Firestarter, Christine, The Dead Zone and End of Watch.

I saw those movies a lot when I was a kid (except for EOW obviously) and I think that's why I haven't read those three yet. Of those, which is the best?
    Wow, Tommy, tough call and all up to personal preference I'm sure. But of those three, my list would be TDZ, Christine, and Firestarter. I'm about 100 pages out from finishing EOW and love it so far. I'd knock it out first if you have the time then move on to the classics ya listed. If you liked Mr. Mercedes, you'll love EOW IMO. FK I didn't care all that much for.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Of the ones you mentioned, if I were to choose a favorite, it would be The Dead Zone. From there, I would say Firestarter then Christine and EoW. I loved The Dead Zone.
    Great minds, Paul. Loved Christopher Walken in the film, loved the book twice as much if not more.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Great minds, Paul. Loved Christopher Walken in the film, loved the book twice as much if not more.
    Yeah the book is great. Just such a sad story though at the heart of it. I enjoyed the movie, but agree that the book is so much better.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read a lot of old King. To be honest I'm not a fan of most of it. It's 50/50 for me at best. Dead Zone and Christine are two I haven't read yet.

I'm about 350 pages into IT. It's a drama about kids that happens to feature an evil clown demon. The story could practically exist without Pennywise at this point lol.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Hey thanks guys! I will probably read End of Watch next just to finish up the trilogy as soon as it shows up at the library (I need the large print editions these days) and then TDZ.

Mattrick, It is my favorite King novel, you are in for a wild ride!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The King novels I haven't read are Firestarter, Christine, The Dead Zone and End of Watch.

Of those, which is the best?
    I think those are some of my least favorite. If I had to choose, though, I think I'd rank them: Christine, Firestarter, The Dead Zone ("best" to "worst"). Almost halfway through End of Watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thanks Ricky!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

70 pages from finishing The City of Mirrors. I've liked this one much better than The Twelve.

I saw those movies a lot when I was a kid (except for EOW obviously) and I think that's why I haven't read those three yet. Of those, which is the best?
    Dead Zone Dead Zone Dead Zone.
    I love that book so much that I've read it multiple times.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished City of Mirrors. LOVED IT! Now finishing the last book in the Wayward Pines series LOVIN IT!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading The Passage by Cronin (its really good) and The crippled God (Erikson) which is also really good

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dead Zone, hands down. Very timely these days, too. Firestarter is a great and fun sci-fi romp. Christine was okay but nothing spectacular.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I got almost to the end of Firestarter a few years back and never finished it. For some reason, it never grabbed me. I really ought to give it another shot one of these days.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If I told you guys which SK novels I have yet to read ya'll would kill me.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Now you gotta tell us!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Now you gotta tell us!
    Agreed. You can't make a statement like that and not tell us

I have a number of classic and not so classic King left to read.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still on my quest to read/re-read all of King's novels and short story collections. Been about 2 1/2 years now and I've read 56 books. I have 12 left and currently reading IT.

I'm insanely jealous that you still have so much unread King to consume.

But, like everyone else said, spill it! Which books?

Country
    Country Flag

Well, wasn't directed towards me but I'll list mine

TBOBD (next up after I finish EOW)
    Black House
    Blaze (Started but never finished it. Still bookmarked with the front DJ flap where I stop)
    Blockade Billy (Included in TBOBD so I'll get to it then)
    Creepshow (Saw the movies of course)
    Cycle of the Werewolf (Loved the film version)
    Danse Macabre
    Dreamcatcher
    11/22/63
    Faithful
    Hearts in Atlantis (Enjoyed this film also)
    Joyland
    Just After Sunset
    My Pretty Pony
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes
    The Talisman
    Umney's Last Case
    TWTTKH

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't include collections since I'm not big into his short stories. Off the top of my head...

Salem's Lot
    The Talisman
    Black House
    Dolores Claiborne
    It (reading now)
    Blaze
    Bachman Books
    Needful Things
    Christine
    11/22/63
    Doctor Sleep
    Mr Mercedes
    End of Watch
    That other one in that trilogy
    Wind Through The Keyhole
    Misery
    The Green Mile
    The Dead Zone
    The Regulators
    The Tommyknockers

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't include collections since I'm not big into his short stories. Off the top of my head...

Salem's Lot
    The Talisman
    Black House
    Dolores Claiborne
    It (reading now)
    Blaze
    Bachman Books
    Needful Things
    Christine
    11/22/63
    Doctor Sleep
    Mr Mercedes
    End of Watch
    Wind Through The Keyhole
    Misery
    The Green Mile
    The Dead Zone
    The Regulators
    The Tommyknockers

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

The Dead Zone, hands down. Very timely these days, too. Firestarter is a great and fun sci-fi romp. Christine was okay but nothing spectacular.
    Thanks pablo!

It looks like the next one I will read is EOW because my hold request at the library came through! TDZ will come after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Well, wasn't directed towards me but I'll list mine

TBOBD (next up after I finish EOW)
    Black House
    Blaze (Started but never finished it. Still bookmarked with the front DJ flap where I stop)
    Blockade Billy (Included in TBOBD so I'll get to it then)
    Creepshow (Saw the movies of course)
    Cycle of the Werewolf (Loved the film version)
    Danse Macabre
    Dreamcatcher
    11/22/63
    Faithful
    Hearts in Atlantis (Enjoyed this film also)
    Joyland
    Just After Sunset
    My Pretty Pony
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes
    The Talisman
    Umney's Last Case
    TWTTKH
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Salem's Lot
    The Talisman
    Black House
    Dolores Claiborne
    It (reading now)
    Blaze
    Bachman Books
    Needful Things
    Christine
    11/22/63
    Doctor Sleep
    Mr Mercedes
    End of Watch
    Wind Through The Keyhole
    Misery
    The Green Mile
    The Dead Zone
    The Regulators
    The Tommyknockers
    You guys have a lot of great reading ahead of you!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You should see my non King list

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    You should see my non King list
    Mine is infinite, it's weird but I find it kind of comforting that I will never be able to read all the books that I want in this one lifetime. There will always be something waiting after I finish the book I am currently reading...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 599 of 714 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589 597 598 599 600 601 609 649 699 ... LastLast