Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 556 of 713 FirstFirst ... 56 456 506 546 554 555 556 557 558 566 606 656 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,900 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Discourses of Epictetus

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just read Famous by Blake Crouch. I had read a lot of reviews about how this one was very different from his other books, and I wondered how true that could really be, but boy it was very different from all his other books I read. I really reminded me a lot of Chuck Palahniuk, even down to the writing style a bit, although just not nearly as unique as his. I don't think I would recommend it, it was ok I guess, b.ut nothing I'll ever read again.

Think I'm finally going to start Mr. Mercedes, that way I can read Finders Keepers right after
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman - Trigger Warning. Great collection. I wonder if anyone has looked up Gene Wolfe because of Gaiman's praise.

Michael Marshall Smith - Everything You Need. Another great collection.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. I guess it's time to check in on the reading front.

Almost through Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and something I don't do often, but also concurrently reading Ready Player One, Ernest Cline.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Gone South by Robert McCammon, then read Death is a Lonely Business by Ray Bradbury, now halfway through Summer of Night by Dan Simmons. The first Simmons I've read and LOVING it!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh, that's my favorite. I was thinking of rereading that one this summer So glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    now halfway through Summer of Night by Dan Simmons. The first Simmons I've read and LOVING it!
    It's one of Simmons' best. I think I only like Carrion Comfort better.
    Enjoy the rest of your ride!

sk

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Wind/Pinball, two early novellas by Haruki Murakami

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Still haven't read any Dan Simmons...

You better get on that! I recommend Summer of Night and The Terror

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You better get on that! I recommend Summer of Night and The Terror
    Plus Carrion Comfort....the Hyperion books.....Endymion.......His latest, The Fifth Heart comes highly recommended as well.

sk

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i've been reading 'Patrica Cornwell's (1992) novel All That Remains it's the 3rd book in her Scarpetta Series. has anyone ever read her on here? and if so what did you think of her? i've got to say i just started reading her this year and i'm really enjoying her books. the 1st Book Post Mortem which i read a few months back was a really slow book to get started on. it was too much science with the DNA and shit like that and less story it felt like. less Character Development and it took like 90 pages for anything to really happen. in short it took me forever to really enjoy it. i gave the 2nd book a try last week and read that in 8 days! and the 1st novel is 25 years old hard to believe it. anyways, she's put a book out nearly every year since she started the series in (1990) anyways, the 2nd novel Body of Evidence was a vastly improved Novel and it corrected all the problems i had with the 1st book.

and so now i'm on the 3rd novel and i'm not sure on that one yet as i'm only like 50 pages into it so far. in short i'm not that far into it pretty much

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

About to finish Storm of Swords. Holy crap! Will anyone survive?
    Sloth Love Chunk

Started Mr. Mercedes, about 80 pages in but so far it's not really grabbing me. Normally I would have tossed it aside by now, but it is King so I'll try to persevere. I hope it gets better. I haven't heard too much about it so was curious what the general consensus of it was.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Mr. Mercedes. I enjoyed my time with it but it's definitely not something I'll read through again. I guess I'm too used to supernatural King.. wasn't used to something this straight forward.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked Mr. Mercedes a lot. It was a bit of a departure for King, but I really enjoyed it. Perfect summer read.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Heart of Veridon
    ~Tim Akers

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Make Something Up - Chuck Palahniuk

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished up the first two Odd Thomas books (Dean Koontz). Reads like horror books with training wheels. Maybe aimed at young adults. I'm going to move on to something else and maybe come back to pick up the series at a later time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Moaning of Life - by Karl Pilkington pretty funny stuff

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I love my local library. I just received notifications that three of my holds have arrived: Ready Player One e-audio, The Scarlet Gospels, and The Acolyte which is Nick Cutters latest book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lord of the Rings.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haruki Murakami's The Strange Library. I bought the UK edition, which is hardcover with thick pages, while the US edition is paperback for some reason, and the UK edition is illustrated much better, too, judging by the preview of the US edition on Amazon.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished December Park by Ronald Malfi and loved it. It's the first I've read from him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 556 of 713 FirstFirst ... 56 456 506 546 554 555 556 557 558 566 606 656 ... LastLast