Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 544 of 714 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534 542 543 544 545 546 554 594 644 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'll probably check it out. From what I've gathered, it's a pretty short book, so even if I hate it, what have I really lost?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was talking to you about Wool sometime last year, Amanda.

Just realized that I never finished it, actually. I got about 3/4's of the way through and then I just stopped. Need to go back and finish it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Speaking of big books on your shelf, I just finished Speaks the Nightbird by mccammon. I enjoyed taking my time with it, a few months. I felt like I watched a season of a tv series set in colonial times. Looking forward to the next few seasons (books)

Also listening to 1Q84 but am not sure now that I'm starting part two if I want to continue. Does anyone have an opinion on if I should keep going with it?

And when I feel like something short I've been reading Holes For Faces by cambell, which has been pretty entertaining.
    I love the McCammon Matthew Corbett series. I think you'll enjoy the rest of them immensely!
    I wholy agree! I've read through Mister Slaughter and have loved them.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I was talking to you about Wool sometime last year, Amanda.

Just realized that I never finished it, actually. I got about 3/4's of the way through and then I just stopped. Need to go back and finish it.
    That explains why it seemed familiar! I couldn't remember where I had read/heard about it.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Count of Monte Cristo!
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I had the same problem with 1Q84. I finished half of it and gave up on it. The story could've been amazing at 300 pages.

reading: Tim Curran - Afterburn. Entertaining and straight forward. I ne3ded something light after Frank Herbert.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Just finished I Am Legend by Matheson and am almost through with The Tale of the Body Thief by Rice

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Mr. Mercedes. Going through the Tower series on Audible currently as well.

I've been flying through Ken Grimwood's Replay.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE Replay!

I just started a reread of David R. Palmer's Emergence. A great read!

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I LOVE Replay!
    I'm really enjoying it, too. I only started it just 2 days ago, and yet I have less than 20 pages left to go.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

American Sniper. I'm not usually into non-fiction, but the movie was amazing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I'm sure there's plenty of fiction on there lol.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, the parts about him killing two carjackers and his shooting at looters after Katrina were proven to have never happened. He laid about it, straight up.

Reading: Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz. Thirty pages in and so far, so good. (Yes, a golden retriever had already made an appearance.)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He also lied about that whole punching Jesse Ventura in the face at a bar- thing. Guy has some pretty tall tales. Should change the name of the movie to American Big Fish.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just started Revival. Really loving it so far.

Started Ack Ack Macaque last night. Three chapters in and I'm really really liking it.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Shift by Hugh Howey (2nd book of his Silo trilogy) and started on Nightmares and Dreamscapes by King. I'd listened to the audio tapes (wow) back in the mid-90s, but decided to read the book on my Paperwhite before diving into Dust (3rd book of the Silo trilogy).
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I had the same problem with 1Q84. I finished half of it and gave up on it. The story could've been amazing at 300 pages.
    Thanks, I feel guilty not finishing a book, but that one is so long and moves at a snails pace. Though I do enjoy his writing, so I'll try one of his shorter novels next time.

Anyways, reading Revival now, (which I'm liking) and listening to Doomed by Chuck P. (which is alright, a lot of repetitiveness, Rant was soooo good compared to this.)
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Thanks, I feel guilty not finishing a book, but that one is so long and moves at a snails pace. Though I do enjoy his writing, so I'll try one of his shorter novels next time.

Anyways, reading Revival now, (which I'm liking) and listening to Doomed by Chuck P. (which is alright, a lot of repetitiveness, Rant was soooo good compared to this.)
    Just read Damned recently and wasn't really a fan. Maybe I'll get to Doomed sometime soon just to finish the story.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    He also lied about that whole punching Jesse Ventura in the face at a bar- thing. Guy has some pretty tall tales. Should change the name of the movie to American Big Fish.
    Kyle's post-war accounts as far as I can tell contain so much bullshit that if he had blue eyes, they would turn brown. Not sure why you would conflate that with his war record, however, which is what the movie focuses on. Why would you rename the movie American Big Fish? I've never seen anything that indicates his service record has been fabricated.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Started Ack Ack Macaque last night. Three chapters in and I'm really really liking it.
    Glad to hear how much you're enjoying it, Amanda. It's a pretty fun read, isn't it?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

It's freaking awesome, is what it is.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't that the one with the monkey or some shit??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 544 of 714 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534 542 543 544 545 546 554 594 644 ... LastLast