Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 496 of 714 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 494 495 496 497 498 506 546 596 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,400 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I just picked up The Cocktail Waitress by James M. Cain, but I haven't started it yet.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Richard Matheson - A Stir of Echoes

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Comes the Blind Fury - John Saul

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    i do have a copy of this book

Nice.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Started Wuthering Heights. Fancied a tale of heartbreak, depression and the darker sides of love. (That, plus I've had that fucking Kate Bush song in my head and it's made me curious about what the story's actually like.) I hope this one delivers as promised.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started Duma Key. Never read it but have heard positive things about it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Started Duma Key. Never read it but have heard positive things about it.
    Duma Key is very high on my favorites list.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Frederik Pohl & C.M. Kornbluth - The Space Merchants

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on page 84, and loving it.

I think it's so serendipitous that I have recently got in to Donald Westlake's (who's alter ego is Richard Stark) work, and this book is dedicated to the man. I also think King kind of adapted his style to be more Westlake-like because of this. The prose is so pretty. Finally (concerning this vein), I believe that Mr. Easterbrook is a nod to Westlake, too (remove the -er and you East and brook).

The story, so far, is so well told and stitched together so tightly, I believe it could crack my top 5 of King books.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Finally (concerning this vein), I believe that Mr. Easterbrook is a nod to Westlake, too (remove the -er and you get East and brook).
    I think you're onto something.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Finally (concerning this vein), I believe that Mr. Easterbrook is a nod to Westlake, too (remove the -er and you get East and brook).
    I think you're onto something.

Also, Subie: let us know what you think of Duma Key, it is also high up-- currently number 3, I believe-- on my list of King works.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Making my way through A Feast for Crows.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

reading: N0S4A2

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    how far are you?

Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to add another Westlake connection I found in Joyland, since I just came across it:

Spoiler:
    Donald Westlake died on New Year's Eve; Easterbrook dies New Year's Day

Country
    Country Flag

Good detective work.

Reading: G.R.R.M. - Dreamsongs Vol. 2 (Sandkings is a much better collection IMO), Frederik Pohl - The Space Merchants

Country
    Country Flag

Egg on my face, courtesy of King

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting NOS4A2.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    how far are you?
    Page 166.

I'm not speeding throught it since I've been jumping between it and The Walking Dead graphic novels.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just read the A face In The Crowd ebook.

I recently received a copy of The Dome, so I think I'll start that before the TV series starts. I somehow failed to read it before.

Next up is Afterlife or Joyland.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating history of a region that's not well understood.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I always have seveal books going.

1 - listening to Heretics of Dune, by Frank Herbert
    2 - reading on Kindle Temple of the Winds, by Terry Goodkind
    3 - reading on my ipad hard Listening by the Rock Bottom Remainders
    4 - reading/listening to The Ghost Brothers of Darkland County by Stephen King, John mellancampt, T Bone Burnett
    5 - reading the paperback of Joyland by Stephen King

:-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Latest edition of one of the best fanzines ever!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I finished The Boys From Brazil by Ira Levin and am going to start The Mammoth Book of the Best of Best New Horror. I was able to find a paperback brand new for $3. Now I don't have to risk damaging my S/L copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 496 of 714 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 494 495 496 497 498 506 546 596 ... LastLast