Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 463 of 714 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 513 563 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The Twelve: Justin Cronin- excellent!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    The Twelve: Justin Cronin- excellent!
    I'm around 40 pages in and I agree.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I finally made some progress on 11/22/63, which is turning out to be more enjoyable than I first anticipated. If only I had more time to read now! I'd like to finish it up before Thanksgiving so I can squeeze in a few more books before the New Year.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. It has everything I wanted from a fantasy novel. He throws you into the middle of the conflict and slowly reveals everything that came before. I found it to be an effective hook.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

The Drawing of the Three! We're almost at Susannah's door.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Mask, by Koontz. Very good.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    YES! One of the better Koontz books I've read this year.

I've added 2 books on top of 3 I mentioned a few days ago:

Alan Moore - From Hell. Graphic novel but a very demanding read. The damn thing has an appendix and explanations (Moore has done an insane ammount of research for the book) for each chapter have a higher word count than the chapter itself. P.S. The chapers are word-heavy already. P.P.S. The B/W artwork sets the mood perfectly for the setting - murders of Jack the Ripper.

Michael McBride - Snowblind. E-book from Darkfuse. I call this Winter Horror. You're stuck in a storm, creatures are chasing you. Simple enough premise. The catch is the story is happening right now. Dates are November 19 - 21. I'm saving the last chapter for tomorrow because that's when it happens in the book.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never read From Hell but I have yet to read something from Moore that I didn't love so I'll definitely keep that on my radar.

Country
    Country Flag

I've had that book on my pile for years. It's size and the appendix at the back were too intimidating. I finally ran out of comic books to read and started it. I'm 3 chapters in (out of 16) and it's no less terrifying but I'm going slowly at it. I'm not sure if you've seen The Walking Dead compendium but it's that size with a LOT more text to it and illustration is extremely detailed.

Promethea is coming out as an oversized omnibus. The pages will be horizontal to acommodate the two page spreads from original comics. I saw a picture of it - it looked epic.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    YES! One of the better Koontz books I've read this year.
    it's exactly because you'd said you loved it that I picked it!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading The Mist and am getting steadily more horrified by the minute.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading Promethea was like doing acid.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Have you read Grant Morrison's the Invisibles? He was actually on acid when he wrote that (among other things). After reading that series, I fear nothing lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Have you read Grant Morrison's the Invisibles? He was actually on acid when he wrote that (among other things). After reading that series, I fear nothing lol.
    Moore wrote Promethea on magickal shrooms. The Filth by Morrison is ridicilous too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Moore wrote Promethea on magickal shrooms. The Filth by Morrison is ridicilous too.
    I've read The Filth, love it. It's actually a relatively straight forward tale in comparison to some of his other work.

Morrison also claims to have been abducted by aliens which plays a HUGE role in the structuring of the series. Some of the shit on there is just ... I can't imagine how a mortal mind came up with that.

I just added Promethea Vol. 1 to my Amazon cart

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I'm reading The Mist and am getting steadily more horrified by the minute.
    Probably my favorite King story. Love it
    reality continues to ruin my life

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished it last night and was genuinely scared. When I woke up this morning my windows were foggy from the night before and I was like LOL OK I'LL GET READY DOWNSTAIRS
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I finished it last night and was genuinely scared. When I woke up this morning my windows were foggy from the night before and I was like LOL OK I'LL GET READY DOWNSTAIRS
    The book ending was superb. So much better than the movie version
    reality continues to ruin my life

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I agree whole heart. I watched the movie years ago and did not care for the ending. I was actually dreading it in the book. Without giving away spoilers, I much prefer the book.

Country
    Country Flag

hear! HEAR!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the movie once a long time ago and barely remember it. I really loved the story though. I am constantly amazed at how well King writes and understands the way the minds of children work.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    When I watch the movie DVD, I stop the movie at the same point that the story stops--when they leave the market. It really helps!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually loved the movie's ending. Not to say that it's better or worse than the book, just different. And very well done.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The movie ending is an actual ending not 'they driving into the mist' yeah, that ending sticks with you. Ending to the movie is so multifaceted. Even King himself wishes he'd have thought of that ending. And besides the.ending and a small side plot, they were practically the same so I don't get how the book is so much better. Must be more of a nostalgia thing if you first read the story 20 years ago.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore, which is.....surprisingly good.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 463 of 714 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 513 563 ... LastLast