Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 714 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Jumped on the bandwagon and re-read Crichton's Prey. Interesting - I liked it better first time thru.
    Now reading the anthology Stories - love the first story so far...
    on STORIES.

I just finished PREY. I liked it!

About to start reading another anthology:

FIRST WORDS: Earliest Writing from Favorite Contemporary Authors
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I just started A Face In The Crowd and then my Kindle died! Now what to read?
    OH NOOOOO!!!!! how do they die, and why?????

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

When I don't charge it, it dies (but is quickly resurrected)! lololol
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

What I'm reading right now?

Nothing.

I went from wanting to read anything I could get my hands on, to having a hard time deciding what to read now...

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I finished The Dark Tower (book 7) and am about 1/3 of the way through The Wind Through the Keyhole. I decided to read them in the order they were written.
    John
    On my reading list is to re-read the entire series all the way thru but I plan on reading WTTKH after DT4 - see how it gels. Doubt Ill get to it before the holidays tho

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Isnt this book mentioned somewhere on the site? I know I read something about it not too long ago.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    When I don't charge it, it dies (but is quickly resurrected)! lololol
    oh thank God. You had scared me. I am seriously addicted to my Kindle.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Isnt this book mentioned somewhere on the site? I know I read something about it not too long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes!
    This site is most likely how I heard of the book, but I have no recollection of where it may have been discussed. Best guess is that maybe someone got a signed copy and that started a discussion.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost done with the first two parts of The Gulag Archipelago. Just started reading my third book from the Lonesome Dove saga.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Almost done with the first two parts of The Gulag Archipelago. Just started reading my third book from the Lonesome Dove saga.

I thought this was the worst of the series.
    Spoiler:
    it's just not the same without Gus.

Almost done with Rose Madder on my King reread kick.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished my reread of The Dark Tower series with The Wind Through the Keyhole. I'm moving on to Mick Garris' Snow Shadows.

John

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    What I'm reading right now?

Nothing.

I went from wanting to read anything I could get my hands on, to having a hard time deciding what to read now...
    :'( I'm right there with you.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Last Tycoon wasn't the book for me to read at that time, it happens sometime. I suppose I wanted a book I could really sink my teeth into, so I chose:

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Dean Koontz - The Mask
    Stephen King - UTD

Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill - Horns

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sluggggish reading through Paulo Bacigalupi's THE WIND UP GIRL. Very, very slow....i've developed virtually no feelings towards the characters...characters and their setting seems impossible to identify with. Dystopian future lexicon just adds to the disconnect. Going to finished it (listening it to my ipod so essentially no engery is required). Hoping that it gets better. Not too impressed.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Sluggggish reading through Paulo Bacigalupi's THE WIND UP GIRL. Very, very slow....i've developed virtually no feelings towards the characters...characters and their setting seems impossible to identify with. Dystopian future lexicon just adds to the disconnect. Going to finished it (listening it to my ipod so essentially no engery is required). Hoping that it gets better. Not too impressed.
    Finished this book recently and had the same feeling. The last 1/8 of the book went pretty fast and I enjoyed the added section in the sub press edition.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Last Tycoon wasn't the book for me to read at that time, it happens sometime. I suppose I wanted a book I could really sink my teeth into, so I chose:
    Hey you motherfffff-----freaking nice guy you. Where the hell is your Desperation review? I ain't about that waiting business.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    your conscience whispering to you: china mieville, china mieville, china mieville, railsea, railsea, railsea

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave my thoughts on Facebook, but I'll give them maybe better worded on here now. Full spoilers yos

Spoiler:
    Desperation may be King's greatest failure. Don't hate me Feev lol. I enjoyed the book, it was by no means a bad book, but it had the potential be a different kind of potent that King had ever written before. The first 300 pages gripped me strongly; Entragian and his craziness, the murders, Steve and Cynthia exploring the town and how grotesque it all was. I was hooked, it was gritty and visceral and looked like it was going to be a completely twisted book. But then about halfway he just lost me. The way he used Tak in the second half as opposed to the first, night and day; Tak was something indomitable, evil, ubiquitous then we have needless expositon about bleeding from the vagina. I bega to laugh at Tak, not taking Tak as serious as I had. Tak did nothing in the seond half of the book that made it unstopppable, it was stupid, retarded and deserved to lose. I really wish King never went as deep into detail about Tak, leaving it as a mystery, it would have been freakier. I think Tak in Ellen Carvers body showing up and taking Mary would have been far more impactful. The cougar happening out of nowhere, without being inside the cats head, would have been like OH SHIT! We knew Tak controlled animals, we would have understood it sent it. And then there is the massive mystery being solved way to deftly. I just wish more was unexplained. King used David to explin way to much and David seemed way to much of a superhero in th second half. I wish the God helping him aspect was less definite and more something to think about. This could have been a great, haunting book, with little explained, that would have stuck wih me. Even with the exact same plot, King could have taken little bits out and made a much more terrifying book. That's my biggest complaint, he could have written a horror masterpiece but I hardly even felt creeped out anymoe 400 pages in. I'd put it middle of the road for King books. I suppose some decisions King made with Desperation may make more sense after reading The Regulators, I'm not sure. Like Under The Dome, I saw he potential for something special and it's probably why I'm harder on it than I usually am on King

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I heard this was an excellent book and so far I totally agree. It's one of those in which I get lost in time while reading it. I'm about 20% in and it's absolutely nothing like the movie.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Joe Hills Horns. Enjoyed the first few chapters so far.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

I heard this was an excellent book and so far I totally agree. It's one of those in which I get lost in time while reading it. I'm about 20% in and it's absolutely nothing like the movie.
    thats probably becase the movie isn't based on the book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Just started Joe Hills Horns. Enjoyed the first few chapters so far.
    I am about to finish it. Loving it, except

Spoiler:
    one Big and Soppy turn the events took at 80% (sorry, don't know the page, reading on Kindle) - not really unexpected, I dreaded it all the time. I still haven't lost hope there'll be another turn.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

thats probably becase the movie isn't based on the book.
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 714 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 ... LastLast