Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 714 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 17828

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

Nearly finished and really loving it.
    I recognize this, how is it?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Still reading Summer of Night. Just finished Red Nails by Robert E. Howard and holy fucking racism Batman! I couldn't believe that shit. This wasn't some fencewalking (like Simmon's slight xenophobia in Song of Kali and Phases of Gravity), this was just straight up good ol' Texas boy racism. Holy fuck! I'm still not over it. Calling Conan's enemies (who are always black) "black dogs", negroes etc. Conan being fueled by "racial anger". I heard that Howard was racist but sometimes you don't believe something until you see it. That being said, the stories were good. But if he were to write like that today, his career would be even shorter lived than it really was.
    I know what you mean Re: Howard, but I don't think it would negatively affect his career...in fact I think he'd be more successful because of it. There'd be controversy and it would be deserved, but oh...it'd sell like fuckin crazy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Rex Miller - Butcher

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Read almost the first half of Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut today. It's very great. Haven't read in weeks. Think I wanted to save last 60 pages of Crime and Punishment for long session on the dock up north.

Then reading The Scarlet Letter on my vacation and I don't know what after that.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post

Nearly finished and really loving it.
    I recognize this, how is it?
    Just finished it and I absolutely loved it--probably the most fun read so far this year.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thomas Tessier - Wicked Things

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Reading now: Summer of Night, by Dan Simmons. Fantastic.
    Excellent!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I read the first fourteen pages of TWTTK and decided to read the Dark Tower comic first instead... my brain has not been in reading mode since summer hit.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My brain has been out of reading mode most of the year.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    That's crazy talk. You need a reboot.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I might have broken my read last year. Last year I read just under 100 books. This year I've read between 5 and 10. I am ashamed to post my book list this year.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The Final Program by Michael Moorcock. Its very similar to a couple of his Elric stories, The Dreaming City and While the Gods Laugh.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Me too

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If I'm being completely honest, the past 2-3 years have been very bad for me on a reading level when compared to the years that preceded them.

Yeah, mine's been really bad for a few years too. I hate it. And I just went to the bookstore the other day and bought a bunch more books. I think I just might have more unread books in my little library than read books now

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*cough, cough* The Talisman *cough, cough*

A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    If I'm being completely honest, the past 2-3 years have been very bad for me on a reading level when compared to the years that preceded them.
    same happened to bears before they got their Kindle. Now they are totally going to make 100 books this year.

Country
    Country Flag

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer of Night spoiler:

Spoiler:
    only halfway through the book, and Duane is dead? Dead?! my favorite character? Dead?!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer of Night spoiler:

Spoiler:
    only halfway through the book, and Duane is dead? Dead?! my favorite character? Dead?!!
    Haha. I knew this and didn't want to tell you. That's why I asked where in the book are you. I like it how
    Spoiler:
    indirectly we find out he was killed. There's the scene with him and those things in the field and then the next chapter where kids are playing baseball.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Haha. I knew this and didn't want to tell you. That's why I asked where in the book are you. I like it how
    Spoiler:
    indirectly we find out he was killed. There's the scene with him and those things in the field and then the next chapter where kids are playing baseball.

it fucking broke my heart. I was ready to do

Spoiler:
    exactly what Dale did: fight someone, hard; preferrably, Simmons himself, with the same war cry: "Take it back!!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 714 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 ... LastLast