Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 714 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins.

Just started it today and it's pretty good so far. It's had an (understandably) slow start, but I'm really enjoying the character and plot revelations along the way.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

The Memory Of Earth, Orson Scott Card
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    The Hunger Games
    Nice! Let me know if you start on the second book... I haven't started it yet.
    Right on! I will. The plan is to read them all though since I borrowed them all. Plans could change if it sucks, but so far I'm enjoying it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Two parts of Crime and Punishment to go. Such an enthralling and well written book! I was expecting a harder, slower read as The Idiot by Dostoevsky was but I find myself reading 30-50 pages in a sitting most times, just hard to put down.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my god, The Idiot. That was my work reading for a few months and I never finished it. I moved to a different location and when I was packing my stuff from my slot, I left the book there. I might brave it soon-ish though. Sometimes age brings a different perspective to books.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noal View Post
    Last chapter of 'Jerusalem- A Biography'

Gahhh, It feels like the longest book in my life!

(waiting to read WTTK)!
    How is it?
    Jerusalem?

I started reading because I wanted to know what all the troubles were about...

...boy, do I know now!

In the strongest possible terms, as an atheist, I find it all so terribly sad that people will fight so long and hard over a piece of land that holds significance to them solely because of what they have learned through their holy books. Of course, anybody who is religious will tell me different, but to me it just doesn't make any sense.

Family is the most important thing a human can have, or experiences within life/nature etc.

I really don't mean to get all high and mighty but when more people are bothered with the Facebook stock price or what car they drive, then you really have to question the system we live in?!

Has anybody heard of Derrick Jenson?
    I don't agree with everything he says but I do believe that the human population does need to take a good long look at itself.

I apologise if this is slightly too serious but I have had an awful lot to drink tonight!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Idiots a great book. I imagne I'll read it much faster the second time through it's just a heck of a lot to digest.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

can't wait for you to read The Karamazov Brothers

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Before They Are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Finished THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE yesterday.

Going to read BLOCKADE BILLY, by the same author, today.
    What author could that possibly be?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Going to read BLOCKADE BILLY, by the same author, today.
    Just picked that up a few weeks ago, haven't read it yet though. Let me know how you like it.

Currently reading Cannery Row by John Steinbeck as a favor for a friend who I keep making read some King
    BLOCKADE was a short, satifying read.

I haven't read Steinbeck in years, hope you enjoy it!

I've now moved on to third book in the Ice and Fire series, A STORM OF SWORDS. This is going to take a while.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman - Stardust

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Neil Gaiman - Stardust

Country
    Country Flag

I love Gaiman. His prose is clear, flows perfectly and he still manages to throw a curveball at you. Other authors (later Simmons, e.i. Black Hills) make me want to put my head through a wall because books read like a lecture and not a story... such is not the case with Gaiman. I think the only one I still haven't read is Bad Omen. I'm waiting to find it in paperback on the cheap.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

game of thrones

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTTK!!

At last!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Book two of Orson Scott Card's Homecoming series. I'm really enjoying it so far.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I love Gaiman. His prose is clear, flows perfectly and he still manages to throw a curveball at you. Other authors (later Simmons, e.i. Black Hills) make me want to put my head through a wall because books read like a lecture and not a story... such is not the case with Gaiman. I think the only one I still haven't read is Bad Omen. I'm waiting to find it in paperback on the cheap.
    Well said! I love Gaiman's style and stories.

game of thrones
    Good for you, Brice. Let us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by noal View Post
    WTTK!!

At last!
    Enjoy!

Country
    Country Flag

William Meikle - Crustaceans

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I'm liking it Patrick!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I knew you would!

Country
    Country Flag

Kage Baker - Rude Mechanicals

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! I knew you would!
    Well, it's actually not the sort of thing that would normally interest me, but it's so well done.

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Today I'm going to knock out some of those new King graphic novels I obtained. My reading really has slowed down... I'll start with The Stand and more on The Dark Tower. Happy reading, all.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

IT

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nice
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 714 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 ... LastLast