Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 714 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 469 519 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,475 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, Japanese is my dream too. I think I can read in all other languages I am interested in.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

hopefully there will be a class when I go to university on learning Russian or I'll find some classes somewhere to take. That will be off in the future though, Jean. Help would be appreciated whn I get to the undertaking. I want to read his works all in English first. I've got Crime and Punishment here to read, and will look for copies of his other works.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Onto Pride and Prejudice.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't tell Brice...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why not?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I want to read his works all in English first. I've got Crime and Punishment here to read, and will look for copies of his other works.
    It looks like all of his works have been translated into English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...or_Dostoyevsky

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's just a matter of finding them. I'm 6 pages into Pride and Prejudice and I laughed already. appears to be a lot of dialogue in it. Hope it's entertaining diologue, heard its good.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It's just a matter of finding them. I'm 6 pages into Pride and Prejudice and I laughed already. appears to be a lot of dialogue in it. Hope it's entertaining diologue, heard its good.
    It is good, bears love it! And Brice, for some reason, pretends to be hating everything Austen.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Dresden #8 and Aztec.
    How are you liking Dresden? I like book 8 because it has Molly in it a lot and she is one of my favorite characters.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a revelation to me that there are people who do like Austen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

we are legiion, Ricky

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started The Eyes of the Dragon. It's very different to other King books, so far.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Dresden #8 and Aztec.
    How are you liking Dresden? I like book 8 because it has Molly in it a lot and she is one of my favorite characters.
    They're good. Not the best thing ever but engaging.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I am doing a King mini-marathon as I count down the days til 4/24...
    I finished my Dark Tower VII re-read, then picked up where I left off last year on my chronological re-read of King's complete works with The Dead Zone. I've read the book at least twice before, but this is my first time reading it in hardcover. It is a slightly different (better?) experience. I'm at the point now where--if I continue a chrono re-read--I can do it with first edition hardcovers, but I may just skip to my new Desperation Grant edition for the next book in the 'thon...

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am reading Gardens of the Moon, book one of Malazan Book of the Fallen. I can't quite decide how I feel about it yet.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    I've read the book at least twice before, but this is my first time reading it in hardcover. It is a slightly different (better?) experience.
    Definitely. Whenever possible I always read the hardcover. Paperbacks are just icky

Country
    Country Flag

rereading Pet Sematary. Fantastically, exceedingly good.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I've read the book at least twice before, but this is my first time reading it in hardcover. It is a slightly different (better?) experience.
    Definitely. Whenever possible I always read the hardcover. Paperbacks are just icky
    Hardbacks are too cumbersome.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a little over halfway in Catching Fire. Definitely not enjoying it as much as the first novel ...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    rereading Pet Sematary. Fantastically, exceedingly good.
    Indeed, so sad it just missed the third round of the CRAs.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Hardbacks are too cumbersome.
    Not at all, they're sturdy and have a great textile feel.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, but they're mighty difficult to hold open at times, feeling a lot heavier on the thumbs than a paperback.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They also seem to weigh 100 pounds as you're lugging them around your in backpack.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I read at home, usually reclined in a chair or bed, so that's not much of a problem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 714 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 429 469 519 ... LastLast