Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 714 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I second that! I enjoyed the odd little articles more than the Salmon of Doubt story. Stuff like - how to make a proper cup of tea - you know, personal insights into that great mind

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to start reading Wuthering Heights this weekend. It has been on my list of books for years and years and I could never bring myself to read it. I feel that is it time to at least give it a chance.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wuthering Heights is a good one.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ugggg, i've been putting it off for so many years now I wonder if it will stand up to the hype I've built up.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always found it boring, artificial, exaggerated and generally ridiculous. As opposed to the author's sister's writings, which are entertaining, true, psychologically insightful and generally great...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Dedereadssk1 is on a distinguished road Dedereadssk1's Avatar

Western NC, 75 miles mw of charlotte near hickory,nc

Default RE: what are you reading?

im currently re-reading DT and just finished the gunslinger-my daughter works at the local Barnes and Noble-Hickory, NC-so she can order the hardcover copies of the series at a good discount. Im currently working on two complete sets of all sk's hardcovers for my kids future. I do have extra copies if anyone is interested.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I'm reading The Memory of Running, by Ron McLarty. Reccommended to me by Avalonian a while back. I hope he's doing well.
    Hey, I read that. Stephen King recommended it in one of his EW columns some time ago, so I figured it was worth checking out. It was.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dedereadssk1 View Post
    ... I'm currently working on two complete sets of all sk's hardcovers for my kids future. I do have extra copies if anyone is interested.
    How come my parents weren't more like you when I was a kid?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

i'm currently reading the alex cross books by james patterson. however, i started with the last book because i just grabbed it off the shelf when i was traveling and needed to have some to read. now, i'm reading them in whatever order i can find them at wal-mart. :p
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I'm reading The Memory of Running, by Ron McLarty. Reccommended to me by Avalonian a while back. I hope he's doing well.
    Hey, I read that. Stephen King recommended it in one of his EW columns some time ago, so I figured it was worth checking out. It was.
    It's a great read so far. I about flipped when I found out that Ron McLarty played the judge that kept reversing jury verdicts and pissing off Jack McCoy on Law and Order.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Check out this little diddy...

Science Gone Wrong
    We all depend on science to help us understand
    our world and our place within it, but what if our
    scientists become locked-in to the wrong idea?
    Science itself veers down the wrong path, taking
    all of us and our birthright of understanding along
    with it. The Final Theory shows this has actually
    occurred, starting with Newton and accelerating
    with Einstein, taking us centuries off course. As
    a result we now have a science of dark matter,
    dark energy, time travel, parallel universes,
    10 dimensions, virtual particles, several theories
    of gravity, and on it goes with no end in sight.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got a signed and ghosted copy of 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill for free from work! Ghosted means he drew a little picture of a ghost in the upper left-hand part of the page before signing the bottom right-hand corner. I'll read that after I finish the long-put-aside Foucault's Pendulum and the halfway finished A Confederacy Of Dunces.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Fruno, that's great! It's a really good book too.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

There Is A God: How the world's most notorious atheist changed his Mind: Anthony Flew, with Roy Abraham and Abraham Varghese

On Chesil Beach: A Novel, by Ian McKewan

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished THE ROAD by Cormac McCarthy. Great book.

Now: FRAGILE THINGS by Neil Gaiman

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Evidence of Harm D. Kirby
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy omnibus.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard that was really good

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is VERY good.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

So far it's one of the best things I've ever read.

Props to Rjeso for turning me on to Adam's work.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Now: FRAGILE THINGS by Neil Gaiman
    Let me know how it is, Patrick.

I finished Good Omens on Saturday night. I enjoyed it, however I wish that there had been more scenes involving Crowley and Azipharel, those were my favorite.

Now, to finish Catch - 22.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fragile things is great Feev. Theres a story about Shadow in there which was the main reason I bought it - bu every story in the collection was brilliant.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I heard that was really good
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It is VERY good.
    So far it's one of the best things I've ever read.

Props to Rjeso for turning me on to Adam's work.
    i re-read the entire series at least once a year. it was an offhand mention of an SEP while we were dating that made me sure jeff was the one for me.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best....omnibus....ever.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Fragile things is great Feev. Theres a story about Shadow in there which was the main reason I bought it - bu every story in the collection was brilliant.
    That's the main reason I want to pick it up too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 714 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 ... LastLast