Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 714 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 504 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of starting either Justin Cronin's The Passage or Koontz's 77 Shadow St.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd definitely recommend The Passage.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the 3rd book of the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay. It seems like quite a few other people are currently reading this series as well right now. It's so addictive!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to start the second book of that, Erin. It's on the waiting deck, but I'll try to get to it soon.

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm on the 3rd book of the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay. It seems like quite a few other people are currently reading this series as well right now. It's so addictive!
    Erin, I ended 2011 by reading all three in that series in under a week. I can't over-state how much I enjoyed them, particularly the end of Mockingjay.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'd definitely recommend The Passage.
    I as well. "The Passage" turned out to be a very pleasant surprise!!!! I really enjoyed it!!! I am so looking forward to the next installment!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do we know when The Twelve is going to be released? I've read alot of "maybe" dates but haven't seen anything from Cronin or his publishers.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A huge novel (500+ pages)by an author I haven't read before.
    So far, I really like it.

sk

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I need to start the second book of that, Erin. It's on the waiting deck, but I'll try to get to it soon.
    How did you not immediately have to start reading the second book with that cliffhanger ending? In an unrelated note, I just saw on FB that you finished The Girl Who Played With Fire. I've been really torn about whether to read these books or not, but I think you've convinced me to.

Quote Originally Posted by onlylivingboyinny View Post
    Erin, I ended 2011 by reading all three in that series in under a week. I can't over-state how much I enjoyed them, particularly the end of Mockingjay.
    They are so so good! I'm about halfway through Mockingjay and can't wait to see how it ends.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

How did you not immediately have to start reading the second book with that cliffhanger ending?
    My guess is to want to read something completely different to the previous book he read. That's what I do. The first Discworld novel, which I read about a year ago, ended on a huge cliffhanger, right in the middle of things, and I still haven't read the 2nd yet. I need to sort that out asap, I think.

In an unrelated note, I just saw on FB that you finished The Girl Who Played With Fire. I've been really torn about whether to read these books or not, but I think you've convinced me to.
    I really enjoyed the first book. I still need to read the 2nd. Hmm, maybe when I'm done with Sherlock Holmes. Actually, no: finish off A Game of Thrones first.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    My guess is to want to read something completely different to the previous book he read. That's what I do.
    Yup, that's what I do too. I like to take breaks between series-installments, let that installment marinate in my mind for a bit. The only series I've read straight through is The Dark Tower.

In an unrelated note, I just saw on FB that you finished The Girl Who Played With Fire. I've been really torn about whether to read these books or not, but I think you've convinced me to.
    They're excellent. They're minimalistic in dialogue, but the third person narration is amazing. I love dark thrillers, I love unconventional protagonists, I love stories in which technology plays a pivotal role - a series that promptly features all three ? Yes please.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I love dark thrillers, I love unconventional protagonists, I love stories in which technology plays a pivotal role - a series that promptly features all three ? Yes please.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to feverishparade again." Wtf? Anyway, agreed completely. Several of my favourite tv series atm feature such plots and protagonists.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    How did you not immediately have to start reading the second book with that cliffhanger ending?
    My guess is to want to read something completely different to the previous book he read. That's what I do. The first Discworld novel, which I read about a year ago, ended on a huge cliffhanger, right in the middle of things, and I still haven't read the 2nd yet. I need to sort that out asap, I think.

I really enjoyed the first book. I still need to read the 2nd. Hmm, maybe when I'm done with Sherlock Holmes. Actually, no: finish off A Game of Thrones first.
    I really loved Dragon Tattoo, I need to advance on to books two and three! and Game of Thrones is on my to-do list for 2012.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got this:

Hefty, beautiful book.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John Brunner - Sheep Look Up

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Jean what's your current top 5? I think I need to go revise my list.
    It
    The Stand
    Desperation
    Black House
    Duma Key

No Long Walk? And I need to finish reading The Stand.
    I seem to have to revise my top 5 at least every day.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone like Diana Gabaldon? Got a signed copy of A Scottish Prisoner for Christmas so I threw out my other reading list and read this one.

Now I'm on to A Feast for Crows. I decided to try the audio book but I'm having a hard time concentrating on it. Might have to pull down the hard copy.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Just got this:

Hefty, beautiful book.
    Love that book, and yours looks pretty nice.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Rereading Matheson's Hell House. A fantastic read!

John

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Overqualified by Joey Comeau. This book was unbelievable. It's essentially a collection of cover letters that you'd include with a resume, sent by a guy with an amazing sense of humor but who is truly suffering emotionally. It was hilarious, sad, ridiculous and painfully sincere. Probably not for everyone but I'd definitely recommend it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Now that definitely sounds like my cup of tea, Emily. I know how frustrating it is when you're just sending cover letter after cover letter desperate for work, so I'm really keen to read something like that.

- Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    SLAUGHTERHOUSE is great.
    I haven't read Anansi Boys yet.
    Given your taste for Gaiman, I really think you would .
    No doubt! I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think we have it around here somewhere. I actually haven't read alot of Gaiman's stuff. I've only read a couple of the sandman comics, some short stories, Neverwhere, and Good Omens I believe.
    Holy shit dude, you should really read American Gods. Seriously one of the best books I've read.

As for me, I think I'm going to reread some Dresden Files while I wait for my brother to read A Dance with Dragons. I knew getting it for him for Christmas would bite me in the ass, I hate waiting.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Splitfoot View Post

Holy shit dude, you should really read American Gods. Seriously one of the best books I've read.

As for me, I think I'm going to reread some Dresden Files while I wait for my brother to read A Dance with Dragons. I knew getting it for him for Christmas would bite me in the ass, I hate waiting.
    This post contained 3 of my favorite things: Neil Gaiman, GRRM and the Dresden Files. You win best post of the day!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm currently reading Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis on the ole Kindle and listening to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke on audiobook while at work. I'm enjoying both quite a lot.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 714 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 504 ... LastLast