Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 714 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cheers! I'll order those books moment I finish Colour of Magic! Especially since I'm playing Baldur's Gate and want to know a little bit more info and history about the Forgotten Realms. Also, what's really cool is he makes a cameo appearance in the game, as well. If you know where to look, anyway!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You should look into the A Song of Ice and Fire series, DD, it looks like you enjoy high fantasy and those books might be right up your alley.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You should look into the A Song of Ice and Fire series, DD, it looks like you enjoy high fantasy and those books might be right up your alley.
    Very YES!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, there's not a lot of high fantasy that I read to be honest. I want to check out the Drizzt books because I'm intrigued by the Forgotten Realms setting (being such a big fan of Baldur's Gate is partly responsible for that (even if I haven't completed BG2 yet)), but I've heard a lot of great things about ASoIaF. The biggest reason I'm checking out the Discworld novels is less because they're fantasy and more because they're bonkers and funny, really. The Dark Tower series I've enjoyed so much because it's so different and so unlike anything out there. I've tried getting into Thomas Covenant, but...it didn't appeal to me as much I'd hoped it would. Sorry guys who enjoy that series, but I read the first volume and half of the second and I wasn't a fan.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev and JB know what they're talking about. It is known.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

One chapter of "A Game of Thrones" and you'll forget there ever was a character named Thomas Covenant. Seriously.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Listen to these girls, they know what they're talking about!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

FULL DARK NO STARS

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Full Darkk, No Stars. At the moment might look into the series Fire and Ice since so many are saying its good

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Almost through 1922 in Full Dark, No Stars. It's good, but not my favorite King story by far. I hope that the others get "darker" than this one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    Full Darkk, No Stars. At the moment might look into the series Fire and Ice since so many are saying its good
    DO IT!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This weekend I started Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin. I love the A Song of Ice and Fire series so much, but have never read any of GRRM's other works.

So far, I've been totally hooked. This book has a really creepy, ominious feel to it and I can tell it's really starting to build to something crazy happening.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me know what you think of Fevre Dream, Erin. It's one of my all time favorite novels.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    This weekend I started Fevre Dream by George R. R. Martin. I love the A Song of Ice and Fire series so much, but have never read any of GRRM's other works.

So far, I've been totally hooked. This book has a really creepy, ominious feel to it and I can tell it's really starting to build to something crazy happening.

Fevre Dream is a very creepy book! I read it when I was in middle school...it scared me a bit, I'm not afraid to admit. It was quite good, though. I should read it again...soon.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

In honor of the film, I'm rereading Deathly Hallows.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me know what you think of Fevre Dream, Erin. It's one of my all time favorite novels.
    I thought of you when I decided to read it!

My Mood
    Breezy

I loved it also, and in light of Ann's recent writing announcement I sent her one. I hope she's reading it. You might ask her, Erin.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been sprinkling in some Phillip K. Dick short stories when I'm not on the bike reading ASoIaF. Very interesting and thought provoking

My Mood
    Breezy

Mo, did you know about the Tales of Dunk and Egg?

Traveler Voozle is on a distinguished road Voozle's Avatar

Finished Slaughterhouse-Five, just starting Catch-22 in my ongoing quest to remain educated without ever taking another lit course.

Could anyone recommend a collection of Arthurian tales? I'm borrowing a copy of Steinbeck's King Arthur modernization; good choice? I don't know anything about the subject, but all the references in the Dark Tower got me interested.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Mo, did you know about the Tales of Dunk and Egg?
    No I dont, please elaborate .
    Quote Originally Posted by Voozle View Post
    Finished Slaughterhouse-Five, just starting Catch-22 in my ongoing quest to remain educated without ever taking another lit course.

Could anyone recommend a collection of Arthurian tales? I'm borrowing a copy of Steinbeck's King Arthur modernization; good choice? I don't know anything about the subject, but all the references in the Dark Tower got me interested.
    When I was a Sophomore we had a whole semester on Arthurian Literature. It was the best semester of English I ever had. Sadly, I'm 31 not and dont remember a lot of it. Mists of Avalon is a good tale from the female point of view

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I thought of you when I decided to read it!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

re-reading TALISMAN

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Books like Talisman are a joy to reread, it's like settling into a comfy chair

I got loads of new books for my birthday, but I haven't got any time to read at the moment, which is awful! Trying to finish Nanowrimo and the sketchbook project, got a craft fair coming up next weekend which I need to paint a load of bags and t shirts for and then I start my new job on the 3rd December. I need the money and the hours fit perfectly around the kids being at school (I got the lunchtime chef shift), but when I got the job offer I was thinking in the back of my mind, "But! My 'to read' pile is huge!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 714 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 ... LastLast