Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 714 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    It's a shame so many kids grow up without reading Roald Dahl.
    Thanks, Letti, for posting that recommendation.
    I am not absolutely sure that the short stories I have read by him recently would be that good for children. I guess you meant his other works. It's my first book from him.
    Actually, what I was thinking was that his children's books might not be as good for our members.

Traveler jb74 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished "True Grit" by Charles Portis. It is outstanding in every way, and there is something in it for everyone. It's told from a young girl's point of view and is full of humor and action. Not only a great western, but an excellent novel. Fans of Roland Deschain will love Rooster Cogburn.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by jb74 View Post
    I just finished "True Grit" by Charles Portis. It is outstanding in every way, and there is something in it for everyone. It's told from a young girl's point of view and is full of humor and action. Not only a great western, but an excellent novel. Fans of Roland Deschain will love Rooster Cogburn.
    I've seen the movie, but didn't even know it was a book. I'll add it to the list. Thanks...JB? I thought I was jb...................
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jb74 View Post
    I've seen the movie, but didn't even know it was a book. I'll add it to the list. Thanks...JB? I thought I was jb...................
    not any more though. you got rid of that before even your current incarnation of He-man (confusing the hell out of me!!!!)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

it confused alot of people. I think after this I'll go back to JB, if I'm allowed.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    it confused alot of people. I think after this I'll go back to JB, if I'm allowed.
    oh please do

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy

IF

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

The rest of The Dresden Files?

or
    I'm all caught up on the Dresden Files! Changes was awesome awesome awesome. But I feel so bad for poor Harry. That book was heartbreaking.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    This book blows my mind. That's what I need after a long day at work... a woman who wants to live with her dead husband's brain... a man who likes betting and collects fingers... and lots of other grotesque stories.

Short stories? Dahl's short stories are excellent. And I read many of his short stories as a kid, but I was a slightly warped kid.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Slightly?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I became more warped as time moved on.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dahl will do that. (Plus drugs.)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin

First time reading this (I know, I'm embarrassed). It's fantastic.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

or
    I'm all caught up on the Dresden Files! Changes was awesome awesome awesome. But I feel so bad for poor Harry. That book was heartbreaking.
    Awesome. I didn't know you had finished them. It really is horribly sad. i felt worse for Harry in Changes than I did for Richard through most of The Sword of Truth and that is really saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post

Excellent choice. Have fun with the initial shock of trying to keep up with all the people. There are so many characters in the books and so few of them are trivial.

I've been re-reading The Dark Tower. I am on The Drawing of the Three.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

YES.

Nice, me too. Is this your first re read ?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post

YES.

Nice, me too. Is this your first re read ?
    Yep. Technically I am listening to the audio books while at work, because college leaves me little time to pleasure read in print form.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

...nice

My Mood
    Breezy

a very interesting chat

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm reading a good whodunnit.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Whutisit?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

A Storm of Swords

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot Woot! We're converting everyone!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 714 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 ... LastLast