Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 714 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

YES, finish it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok Captain, my Captain!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then read Weaveworld, The Books Of Blood, The Great And Secret Show, Everville, The 2 Abarat books, Thief Of Always, and Mr. Be Gone.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Done The Great and Secret Show, I did have to plod on with that in parts, but it was worth the effort.

Next up though after Imajica I have a Tim Powers book, he rules

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read anything by him I don't think.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

He is insanely awesome! You should start with Last Call, which is part of a trilogy based around Fisher King mythology. I would send them to you, but I gave my spare copies to Goddy after I bought the SubPress signed/numbered set

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I will when I have a book spending allowance again. It is all tied up for a month or two.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can imagine, you impulse buying loon

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rio Youers - End Times ... met him at the weekend and he's a proper nice guy, its a good read so far too!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I think I'm going to give up on Imajica, Braker just takes soooo long to get into the story and get to the point, I've really been forcing myself to read on. But, so many people here love it - like Feev, who's recommendations I've really enjoyed - so...should I persevere?
    I haven't read Imajica yet, but my experience of Barker is just the opposite: he gets to the point very quick, and finishes the story, and then can't stop for another few dozen pages.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can imagine, you impulse buying loon

These were not impulse buys, but well thought out purchases.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they were, whatever you told your bank manager is fine with me!

Jean, on second thought I'd stick with my original and add yours

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No bank will have me.

If you rescue me

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Next of Kin (otherwise known as Plus X) by Eric Frank Russell, may he rest in peace!

John

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Yes it is.

The Great Brain series was another favorite of mine that I want to find and re-read. I know Annabeth would like them and I'm almost positive even Emmy would, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Brain
    I remember reading, and very much enjoying, a book titled "The Great Brain", written from the perspective of a kid whose older brother was "The Great Brain". Is this what your talking about? I didn't know that it was a series.

Edit: Duh, just noticed and followed the link.
    That's it! I loved them.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think I'm going to give up on Imajica, Braker just takes soooo long to get into the story and get to the point, I've really been forcing myself to read on. But, so many people here love it - like Feev, who's recommendations I've really enjoyed - so...should I persevere?
    I haven't read Imajica yet, but my experience of Barker is just the opposite: he gets to the point very quick, and finishes the story, and then can't stop for another few dozen pages.
    With Imajica, I think you expect him to get into story that never happens... what you think is just what the book is talking about in the meantime is actually what it pretty much is. Barker's a strange writer, that's for sure.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you enjoy Imajica, Path ?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Maybe I will when I have a book spending allowance again. It is all tied up for a month or two.
    Does this mean that you'll finally be going back to finish reading those books that you have already started, since you can't get any new ones
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sounds like a plan for bears too...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Does this mean that you'll finally be going back to finish reading those books that you have already started, since you can't get any new ones
    Actually with the one you're referring to, I must completely restart it. My bookmark got knocked out of the book and I'm really not sure where I was exactly. I do have a trade paperback on it's way to me soon though so then I'll be able to take it to work with me.

If you rescue me

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Actually with the one you're referring to, I must completely restart it. My bookmark got knocked out of the book and I'm really not sure where I was exactly. I do have a trade paperback on it's way to me soon though so then I'll be able to take it to work with me.
    Oh good. I'm sorry you have to restart it, but I am happy to hear you'll be reading it again soon
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably wait till that copy comes in though.

If you rescue me

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Did you enjoy Imajica, Path ?
    Actually, yes. I did enjoy it.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cirque du Freak - Trials of Death (Book Five) - Darren Shan

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

just picked up my re-read of The Wheel of Time - 4th time? Starting this chunk on The Dragon Reborn. My hope is that by the time I get around to reading all of them, the last book will finally be out!
    I bought a hardcover copy of the 11th book, but I haven't touched it...I want to tackle the ending in one blow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 714 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 340 380 430 ... LastLast