Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 714 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 7,676 to 7,700 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What Brice said. I was forced to read the first book for an Ad. Lit. class and had to run out and buy the next 3.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still reading Atlas Shrugged... It is living up to every bit of hype I have read about it, so far a brilliant book. Waiting to start Blockade Billy and The Passage

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

<-- last person alive who hasn't ( and doesn't want to ) read any Harry Potter.

I am taking that, and the no-facebook-account-thing to my grave!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    <----- is sad to hear that.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

It's weird, my friend Beth is a huge HarryPotterHead, and from talking to her and stuff - I probably know more about the movies, JK Rowling and the books than most people who have read and seen them. I just can't conjure ( pun intended ) the interest. Even my girlfriend loves them, but I just have so much else to read, I can't see it happening.

Don't hate me!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

<------- nope, still sad.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just can't conjure ( pun intended ) the interest. Even my girlfriend loves them, but I just have so much else to read, I can't see it happening.
    Understandable. Have you tried A Series of Unfortunate Events? If not, I really think you'd enjoy them. They're "kids" books, but hilarious, wonderfully written, and has an amazing plot and character list.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam, I hear what you're saying about knowing lots about the books, etc., but you are really missing out if you don't read them.

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I just can't conjure ( pun intended ) the interest. Even my girlfriend loves them, but I just have so much else to read, I can't see it happening.
    Understandable. Have you tried A Series of Unfortunate Events? If not, I really think you'd enjoy them. They're "kids" books, but hilarious, wonderfully written, and has an amazing plot and character list.
    Seconded.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Seconded.
    Third.

I am taking that, and the no-facebook-account-thing to my grave!
    I did read a couple, but I'm definitely not wild about it.

Loving my FACEBOOK lately, tho.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read a single book in the Harry Potter series, and have never been able to sit through any of the film adaptations.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's make it two, please.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Harry Potter is wonderful. Read them!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes do!! But ignore the films, they're pants!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You people are killing me. Seriously.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Could there be a whole thread for Harry Potter love/hate at tdt.com?

Traveler KaMai19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I tried the HP stuff...I really did. And I really wanted to love it. It just didn't grab me for some reason. My boyfriend has read them all several times over and keeps trying to get me to pick them up again but my heart just isn't in it.

In a misguided moment I may have glanced at a Twilight book once as well....*shudder*

But more on point, I'm currently re-reading the DT series. Half way through The Drawing of the Three. It's been a good five years since my last (re)reading and I'm really enjoying experiencing it all over again. I started reading the series when I was fairly young so it's quite wonderful to go back in older and having lived a bit more and discover new things I didn't notice or connect with in my first readings.

And since I'm not one to focus on one thing at a time I'm also reading the DT comic adaptations. I'm just through the first four in The Gunslinger Born and I'm finding it to be very true to the spirit and image of series. I love Jae Lee's artwork...even is he is a bit lazy with backgrounds

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Could there be a whole thread for Harry Potter love/hate at tdt.com?
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=292

John

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Yes do!! But ignore the films, they're pants!
    Wait, I thought pants was good?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

pet sematary

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Let's make it two, please.
    And three

Well I still don't think my reader's block has completely broken, but I think I'm going to try to go back and finish up Horns.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler Mo-linoDeViento is on a distinguished road Mo-linoDeViento's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT IV, Wizard & Glass. Also, about Harry Potter...LOVED reading those books as a kid, and while I still adore the story and read some fanfiction nowadays, I can't stand rereading the books anymore...I can really feel the children's book syndrome, where she had to simplify her writing to cater to a younger audience. But even with that syndrome, it still trumps the Twilight crap in every conceivable way (except its ability to suck...Twilight wins that one).

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You really should. It's fantastic.

I really need to get back to The Terror. I just have a ton of books on my reading list and I've been going for shorter fast paced books. I will soon though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I really need to get back to The Terror. I just have a ton of books on my reading list and I've been going for shorter fast paced books. I will soon though.
    Yes you really do!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 714 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast