Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 714 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305 306 307 315 355 405 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,625 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Invisible Monsters.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

currently started the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. am now reading Dead as a Doornail. and it is true, you can't make a series like the books but True Blood is a good series. Waiting to see if they match up eventually.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Curently rereading the Tortall books by Tamora Pierce. On Lady Knight right now...

I love these books.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just picked up The Complete Idiot's Guide to the World of Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books are among my favorites and I'm learning some new stuff I hadn't known before. It's worth the price.

John

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

drawing of the three

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Golemesque by Edward Lee
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have finally finished It and apart from the ending (which was a little shaky in places) i have to say i really enjoyed it and was sad to put it down ... next im going to read a small story called The Saved by Joe Hill!

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I have finally finished It and apart from the ending (which was a little shaky in places) i have to say i really enjoyed it and was sad to put it down
    We told you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    ... next im going to read a small story called The Saved by Joe Hill!
    I'm still looking any book from him....

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    currently started the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. am now reading Dead as a Doornail. and it is true, you can't make a series like the books but True Blood is a good series. Waiting to see if they match up eventually.
    I am currently waiting for the 11th book , (or 10th) It comes out on june 10th

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

(Thanks to Letti's thread) I just started Needful Things.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To anyone has read the following books, can you tell me if they are any good?

The Shape of Things to Come
    Atlas shrugged
    Slaughterhouse five
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

don't know
    yes
    incredibly so

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

A little over halfway through Fool Moon by Jim Butcher. That loup-garou is one nasty sumbitch. I can't believe it took me a year to finally get around to reading this one.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    don't know
    yes
    incredibly so
    Don't Know
    Awesome
    Awesome
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

picking up H.P. Lovecraft's "The Necronomicon: the best of H. P. Lovecraft" in hardback and "Blockade Billy" in a couple weeks. Can't wait. Currently reading "Just After Sunset". Just finished "N." loved it. I also loved "Mute". I wasn't too impressed with "Stationary Bike".

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I am currently waiting for the 11th book , (or 10th) It comes out on june 10th
    I tried these and they pissed me off. I'm overly sensitive about Southern stereotyping at times.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Finished Winds of War (finally) this morning. I will start War and Remembrance anon.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Invisible Monsters. Started The October Country by Bradbury, I think I may start another novel soon too.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading Poems by Charles Bukowski

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    To anyone has read the following books, can you tell me if they are any good?

The Shape of Things to Come
    Atlas shrugged
    Slaughterhouse five
    Slaughterhouse Five is okay, from what I recall, although there are better Vonnegut novels. I've tried reading Rand's fiction and found it to be nearly impossible, but if you want to give a 1,000+ polemical novel a shot, be my guest.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I just read SH-5. I thought it was good, but it was a little hard to follow. There are LOOOOOTS of flash forwards/backwards/sideways etc. It will make you a little dizzy. But the humor in it is very much to my liking.

fav SH-5 line
    Spoiler:
    Billy coughed when the door was opened, and when he coughed he shit thin gruel. This was in accordance with the Third Law of Motion according to Sir Isaac Newton which states that for every action there is a reaction that is equal and opposite in direction. This will prove useful in rocketry.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 305 of 714 FirstFirst ... 205 255 295 303 304 305 306 307 315 355 405 ... LastLast