Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 713 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 700 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished Just After Sunset, and I can honestly say I wish I had not read the last story.

Jean, you're right, Mute was very good.
    Mute

Just After Sunset

Basically, disappointed. Honestly King's new work has not impressed me, I think the last thing I really, really enjoyed was Bag of Bones. Although Everything's Eventual had some high points.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    I just finished The Time Traveller's Wife. Someone recommended it to me and I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I was going to, it was surprisingly captivating to me.
    i thought that was a wonderful book. i'm so glad you liked it. may i ask who recommended it to you? i'm always interested with that book if it was a male or female who recommended it. also, what's that as your av?
    My older brother recommended it to me, and since then my two other brothers have read it and also loved it. I heard they're making it into a movie with Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana as Claire and Henry, have you heard anything about that?

As for my avatar, I think it's a hamster on it's back! I found the picture online a few years ago and think it's hilarious! I use it every chance I get. I know, I'm weird haha
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's cute.

I'm reading JAS at home and listening to Twighlight in my car. My daughter bought it for me for Christmas.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

disown her.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read the Twilight series last month. It's a super easy read but a pretty average story.
    I like
    Spoiler:
    vampires and werewolves
    so I read them.

I currently am reading DT3 and I finished The Road on Wednesday. I'm listening to The Talisman.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I finished The Road on Wednesday...
    I'm just finishing this up as well - how did you like it?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the Twilight series last month. It's a super easy read but a pretty average story.
    I like
    Spoiler:
    vampires and werewolves
    so I read them.

I currently am reading DT3 and I finished The Road on Wednesday. I'm listening to The Talisman.
    I'm enjoying it okay, nice distraction. I could use someone getting their head ripped off but...it's pretty good.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Honestly I've never read a Cormac McCarthy book. I've heard about him before, but not sure if it's worth plodding through.
    Now that's the same problem I have. I've really been wanting to read The Road since it came out, but then I started hearing everyone's stories about how hard it can be to read his books that I keep pushing it to the back of my to-read pile.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I liked if feve. It certainly takes some getting used to the writing style but it was pretty good. Good enough that I want to check out another novel by McCarthy anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I like
    Spoiler:
    vampires and werewolves
    so I read them.

I'm enjoying it okay, nice distraction. I could use someone getting their head ripped off but...it's pretty good.
    I like the author's vision of her "monsters." It is better that some other authors that have written in that genre.

How is the narrator Matt? I listened to a preview on Audible of her but I wasn't sure I'd be able to get used to her voice.

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Just started reading His Dark Materials today. Only two chapters in, but it's a start. And I'm already seeing differences with the movie....

YAY! good to hear. It took me about half the book to really get into The Golden Compass. I hope you love it and don't give up. The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass are so freaking good.
    I intend to keep going. After the movie I'm curious to see what inspired it all--and where it went afterward....
    When I started reading the Golden Compass (the frist time, before I knew a movie was coming) I didn't realize it was part of a 3 part story. I got to the end of the book and it said "End of Book 1" here, I thought it was going to get somewhere when I was wrapping the book up and all I could think was...this little girl better hurry up she sure has a lot to do in...20 pages. I didn't have any idea The Golden Compass was part of a series because the book had found it's way to me through a garage sale or friend or something. And that title was much more well known to me than the rest, and I wasn't even firmilliar with "His Dark Materials" so...yeah! alas I had 2 more books to go. Keep reading, they do get a lot more interesting!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I liked if feve. It certainly takes some getting used to the writing style but it was pretty good. Good enough that I want to check out another novel by McCarthy anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I like
    Spoiler:
    vampires and werewolves
    so I read them.

I like the author's vision of her "monsters." It is better that some other authors that have written in that genre.

How is the narrator Matt? I listened to a preview on Audible of her but I wasn't sure I'd be able to get used to her voice.
    I think they chose her because she sounds like an emo 17 year old girl.

It's been okay for me but I am already used to her, she read on another book I listened to.

Country
    Country Flag

That makes sense I guess.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

it probably is an emo 17 yr old girl.

i got zero love for Twilight, and I like what monte likes......
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

As far as young girl romance stories, I'd put Twilight higher than Pride and Prejudice.

Dumbest Book Ever.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Monts, you should read Code 61 by Donald Harstad, awesome vampire book - totally original take on it

Either that or you could listen to the audio of me reading you the riot act if you outbid me on Lisey's Story again

Along the Path of the Beam HellBeast is on a distinguished road HellBeast's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm RIGHT AT THE END of 'The Last Watch' by Sergei Lukyanenko. They are easily my favourite non-King books of all time. The films didn't do the books justice to be honest. I love the little comedic elements to the novels, like Anton will have just killed a Higher Vampire and then come out with some witty little remark or his boss will give him some silly little assignment. Plus the fight scenes kick ass

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Monts, you should read Code 61 by Donald Harstad, awesome vampire book - totally original take on it

Either that or you could listen to the audio of me reading you the riot act if you outbid me on Lisey's Story again
    I will look into that book.
    Also, you've been outbid.

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Lolita - Nabokov

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Madame de Stael: The First Modern Woman, by Francine du Plessix Gray

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, by Haruki Murakami

Rimbaud: The Double Life of a Rebel, by Edmund White

Climate Confusion: How Global Warming Hysteria Leads to Bad Science, Pandering Politicians and Misguided Policies that Hurt the Poor, by Roy Spencer

Traveler Buzzard is on a distinguished road Buzzard's Avatar

Earth Abides by George R. Stewart

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cell by SK.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Cell by SK.
    Is this your first read thru, and how are you liking it?

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    Cell by SK.
    I'm sorry.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Beat me to it, JB.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Don't listen to them.
    I thought it was a good read, and I hope you enjoy it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 713 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 700 ... LastLast