Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 713 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    American Gods is the best book ever.
    After I finish CELL, I plan to start in on Gaiman's ANANSI BOYS.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit, there is some great book suggestions in here.

**writes stuff down**
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Anansi Boys is good, but a very different sort of book than American Gods. It is a comedy, and if you like the sort of dry british humor that Gaiman weaves through his other books, or, for example, if you really got a kick out of the song/story Anansi tells at the meeting in American Gods, then you should love Anansi Boys. I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fan. I should really be on his payroll considering how much I push his stuff, and how many people I have gotten interested in him(erin being one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    After I finish CELL, I plan to start in on Gaiman's ANANSI BOYS.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel that way about Stephen King. I've gotten so many people to start reading his stuff over the years that he should start paying me.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris, AMERICAN GODS was the first Gaiman book I've read. Had you come along a month ago, you could have been the one to convert me.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

A Song of Ice and Fire is an amazing series of books. No one is better than George R. R. Martin at making you interested in a ridiculous amount of characters, and constantly making you re-evaluate who is the "bad guy" or wether there are any bad guys at all. I have only read the first two. I actually really need to get back to reading those.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I finished Cell a couple of days ago, definitely not one of my favorites.

I'm hoping to finally start the A Song of Ice and Fire series this weekend.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm dying to get to Heart-Shaped box and the new Chuck Palahniuk book. I'll probably go by both sometime next weekend.
    Oh! I totally forgot that Rant came out last week! I need to go grab it. It also looks like Chuck is not coming to Denver again this year on his tour.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

I feel that way about Stephen King. I've gotten so many people to start reading his stuff over the years that he should start paying me.

Yeah, my giving The Dark Tower another chance and becoming a Stephen King fan(I hated Stephen King for most of my life, for various reason) is a result of Erin's influence.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lisey's Story
    The Will To Power
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm dying to get to Heart-Shaped box and the new Chuck Palahniuk book. I'll probably go buy both sometime next weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Oh! I totally forgot that Rant came out last week! I need to go grab it. It also looks like Chuck is not coming to Denver again this year on his tour.
    He was in Berkeley on Saturday night, but I couldn't make it. I called Cody's Bookstore on Saturday morning to request reserving three signed books (one for me and two as a surprise for two members of this site that I know are huge Palahniuk fans) but, because the appearance was to take place on campus rather than at the bookstore which causes logistical concerns, the bookstore people said it was too late.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I would recommend Imajica by Clive Barker... it is the best I have read.
    The problem with Barker is it takes awhile to get "into" the book. Once you're in there, it's hard to put down.
    Imajica is amazing. I love all that interdimensional travelling.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OH MY GOSH! CHUCK PALAHNIUK IS COMING TO LEXINGTON, KY!!!!!!

On May 14th. You have no idea how much this just made my day, week, year. I'm going to wear the necklace he made me and actually meet him! Woo hoo!

If you can't tell, i'm excited.

Hannah - I could get him to sign something for you since he's being a dork and skipping out on Denver this year.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    He was in Berkeley on Saturday night, but I couldn't make it. I called Cody's Bookstore on Saturday morning to request reserving three signed books (one for me and two as a surprise for two members of this site that I know are huge Palahniuk fans) but, because the appearance was to take place on campus rather than at the bookstore which causes logistical concerns, the bookstore people said it was too late.
    That's kind of lame, but understandable.

Hmm, I'd like to go to that. I can probably still request off.

On May 14th. You have no idea how much this just made my day, week, year. I'm going to wear the necklace he made me and actually meet him! Woo hoo!

Hannah - I could get him to sign something for you since he's being a dork and skipping out on Denver this year.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    That's kind of lame, but understandable.
    I thought so too, since I called at least seven hours before the event. Had the event been at the bookstore itself, like those things normally would have been, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Country
    Country Flag

If I ever go to Berkeley, I'll give you insider stuff.

Wow, you actually have to pay $7 to get in to the signing in Lexington, because they are screening Fight Club, and you have to buy a copy of his book in order to be able to purchase a ticket with a maximum of two tickets per book purchased.

Country
    Country Flag

So all in all, at least $40?? For one signing?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Wow, you actually have to pay $7 to get in to the signing in Lexington, because they are screening Fight Club, and you have to buy a copy of his book in order to be able to purchase a ticket with a maximum of two tickets per book purchased.
    Sounds pretty elaborate. The one in Berkeley was much more straightforward.

I'm still bummed I couldn't go, but I'm glad you'll go and get your own signed book, plus meet the man in person.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, it does sound pretty pricey, but i'll pay it. I love that man.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Any of you read Tad Williams' Otherland series? If not, you should, judging by the descriptions of some of the preferred books here.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping my library will have more Vonnegut.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

I'm reading Mis-Education-Chomsky right now, I'm really into it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    I'm hoping my library will have more Vonnegut.
    I love Vonnegut.

R.I.P.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'd love you forever. Not that I wouldn't anyway, I'd just love you more. But seriously, I'm PMing you about this. I keep checking his website with my fingers crossed hoping that Denver will pop up on the list ... but no. I guess Denver's not good enough for him.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 713 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast