Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 714 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 688 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I am reading The Gunslinger by Stephen King... I wonder if anybody here has ever heard of that book before...

i don't read westerns. sorry.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Stephen King? Who the hell is that?
    You don't know him?

Stephen King is...
    No,
    Stephen King is
    Dur.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Laura....

Ender's Game?...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about halfway through Just After Sunset now. The Gingerbread Girl is my favourite story so far

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Is this your first time reading the series, Empath?
    Yer bugger!.

It took two attempts though. On my first one I kind of lost interest midway through. I believe it was at the part where Sansa and her friend Jeyne Poole were attending a tourney. A few months later I came back, started from the beginning, and kept reading. Khal Drogo and Daenerys were my favorite characters. I especially liked when
    Spoiler:
    Drogo gave Viserys that crown he'd been bitching about.
    Poetic justice at its finest. I found it refreshing that he managed to create a fantasy without getting bogged down in the usual stereotypes of the genre. (Aside, I hope Joffrey gets everything he deserves.) I felt bad for Sansa when
    Spoiler:
    She started seeing Joffrey's other side. Specifically that scene where he showed her Ned's impaled head.

I did some research, and it appears that I may be in the same predicament the Tower Junkies were in during the lull betwen WAG and WOTC. George ain't getting any younger!

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Just finished Desperation.

Talk about creepy....

Anyway, going to start The Regulators tomorrow.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I was "supposed" to start on JaS after finishing "The Salmon of Doubt"...but, somehow, I've managed to either misplace, or let someone borrow, my copy of JaS...so, instead, I've been re-reading Issac Asimov's short story collection, "Robot Visions"...

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just After Sunset has arrived!!
    Also finally got around to getting a copy of Twilight, although I'm not sure how quickly I'll get to reading it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Angelic

Started The Regulators yesterday--it's a FAST read....

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just about to read the Green Mile again. Man i love that book.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just After Sunset has arrived!!
    Also finally got around to getting a copy of Twilight, although I'm not sure how quickly I'll get to reading it.

as the infection spread, the gathered community gazed in wonder and terror as yet another beloved member was brought low by this terrifying and atrocious phenomenom.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know, I know, but I just couldn't resist seeing what all the fuss was about.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love Lord of the Flies.
    Desperation scared the hell out of me..
    so did the Regulators, but not as bad.
    i'm fighting the urge to read Twilight.
    Read two stories from Just After Sunset in B&N and wasn't too pressed to buy it from what i read.
    Just finished The Library Policeman
    Starting Duma Key.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    I love Lord of the Flies.
    Desperation scared the hell out of me..
    so did the Regulators, but not as bad.
    i'm fighting the urge to read Twilight.
    Read two stories from Just After Sunset in B&N and wasn't too pressed to buy it from what i read.
    Just finished The Library Policeman
    Starting Duma Key.
    So...you didn't read N, did you?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler SmallDropletsOfWater is on a distinguished road SmallDropletsOfWater's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently, I am reading Wizards and Glass. It's my least favorite of the DT series, but it's till very good.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious, but why is it your least favorite of the DT series?

John

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SmallDropletsOfWater View Post
    Currently, I am reading Wizards and Glass. It's my least favorite of the DT series, but it's till very good.
    Least? W&G might be my favorite. Which would be your favorite?
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

::cough::

you know guys... there are lots of thread dedicated to those books, and specifically to the question of which is whose most or least favorite, and why.

::cough cough::

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What the bear said.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for putting us back on track, bear!

John

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Blaze. I thought it was good. Nice change from the abstract writing that King has done of late.
    I think I am going to read "A Christmas Carol" next. It has been hanging around on my shelf for awhile. And Christmas is coming up so.......

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm over 3/4 of the way through The Regulators and plan to finish the whole thing tomorrow.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lady_Macbeth is on a distinguished road Lady_Macbeth's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually reading Fellowship of the Ring right now. I think I'm like the only person here, or anywhere for that matter who hasn't yet read the Lord of the Rings series or seen the movies. I think the series is freaking awesome so far, can't believe I've missed out on this all these years, lol. =P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 188 of 714 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 186 187 188 189 190 198 238 288 688 ... LastLast