Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 714 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 681 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I just finish The Regulators. I don't know what to read next *runs to bookshelf* maybe Needful Things?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah go for it! I loved Needful Things!!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hearing Roland calling again. So, I heading back to The Dark Tower....7. I'm picking up where I left off months ago..
    Spoiler:
    .when Eddie Dies

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

well change of plans; I'm reading to Kill a Mockingbird.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I'm hearing Roland calling again. So, I heading back to The Dark Tower....7. I'm picking up where I left off months ago..
    Spoiler:
    .when Eddie Dies
    Wow, that's a tough stop to resume from.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading a few different short stories by H.P. Lovecraft. Awsome!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    well change of plans; I'm reading to Kill a Mockingbird.

To Kill a Mocking Bird has been on my night stand for a month now and I still haven't gotten to it. grrr! It is one of my all time favorite books but I haven't read it in ages.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To Kill a Mocking Bird is on my 9th grade reading list this year. I'm pumped because i've heard some very good things about it.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

i didn't like it when i first read it. but now looking back it wasn't really that bad. So now i am to read it for our book club!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I must have Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. Now.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    Neverwhere was the doorway to my Gaiman world. Loved the man since.
    Have you read The Sandman yet?

I have the first few volumes. I have yet to get serious about collecting them all, but will. Murder Mysteries may be my favorite comic by him. The Last Temptation stars Alice Cooper and is pretty cool.
    I enjoy his novels more than his comics. Speaking of, I looked for Interworld at a few private bookshops last week but was unable to find it. I never did spot a Barnes and Nobles in Seattle.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Why don't you just order it through amazon? The book is pretty cheap, and if you want you can choose the Free shipping method ... although it takes about 5-9 days to get your items shipped out. But it's still free!

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean, and I did. I was hoping to catch it while I was out of town so I had something to read on route home.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

finished to kill a mockingbird
    finished dear american airlines

now i can go back to the living dead and house of leaves (at least until just after sunset arrives).

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just read a Kurt Vonnegut omnibus. It had Cat's Cradle, Slaughter-House Five and Breakfast of Champions. He's my new favorite writer.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    I just read a Kurt Vonnegut omnibus. It had Cat's Cradle, Slaughter-House Five and Breakfast of Champions. He's my new favorite writer.

Have you read Mother Night?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I'm on a reread
    (really a re-listen)
    of Wizard and Glass.
    And this time I am not cheating and skipping over the whole Mejis story.
    I'm enjoying Mejis more than I thought I would.

Traveler iamjacksgoat is on a distinguished road iamjacksgoat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by chrismart83 View Post
    Just started One flew over the cuckoo's nest by Ken Kesey.
    Oh, I loved that book. It was much better than the movie, though the movie was amazing as well. Throughly creepy though.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I'm on a reread
    (really a re-listen)
    of Wizard and Glass.
    And this time I am not cheating and skipping over the whole Mejis story.
    I'm enjoying Mejis more than I thought I would.
    I've been listening to the series too and I'm also on WaG. The audio makes it better for me than the book, but I'm still all, "Get back to the CURRENT story!"

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Heath is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i thought that too will i was reading it but by the end i really enjoyed the mejis part of it it had to be told...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've kind of resigned myself to that.

I will say I LOVE Guidall's Cuthbert, though. It's awesome.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I didnt know there was an audio version by Guidall...
    I'm listening to Frank Mueller's version, and its excellent, of course.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, by Dave Eggers. So far, so good. I think I might enjoy this author. My husband has a number of his books and I've eyeballed How We Are Hungry a few times but never picked it up.

And I picked up the third book in the Wicked series while in Texas. A Lion Among Men. I'm pretty eager to start it.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

*ahem*

dave eggers rocks

we now return you to your regularly scheduled message board

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm digging him. Maybe I'll read A Lion Among Men next, then dig into the other Eggers books.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 714 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 281 681 ... LastLast