Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 714 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post
    I still refuse to read Harry Potter even though I'd probably like it...

I'm being stubborn.
    We're on the same boat.
    This boat's getting bigger. I've never read them either, and for shame, I have an 8 year-old. I have no clue why I haven't read them, I actually have the first two. They just sit there on the bookshelf, looking pretty.
    My sister has the first two sitting on her shelf. Everytime I see them I get the urge to just pick them up off the shelf and start pounding my way through them, but my pride/stubborness keeps me from doing so.

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would personally recommend reading them. I went for ages stubbornly refusing to read them because every man and his dog seemed to be doing so, but after I folded like the weak willed sap that I am, I was hooked after reading the first 10 pages or so They get alot better as they as they go on

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

alright so i'm finally getting around to Lisey's Story. For some reason i'm having a really hard time staying focused when reading this book. Is it worth it for me to push on through?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i loved it. i thought it was the best non-dt thing he's written in a long time.

push on, you'll love it.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks sarajean. I will for my fathers sake i will!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm dying to get to Heart-Shaped box and the new Chuck Palahniuk book. I'll probably go buy both sometime next weekend.
    really loved "heart shaped Box"....It was really good, couldn't put it down
    Kit

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    alright so i'm finally getting around to Lisey's Story. For some reason i'm having a really hard time staying focused when reading this book. Is it worth it for me to push on through?
    I've been having the same problem with my current read lately [Gates of Fire]. I plowed through the first 200 pages, but these past 60 pages have gone through at a snails' pace, I always end up getting distracted by something.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn - just to echo SJ, do persevere with Lisey's Story - I thought it was fanatastic, reminiscent of The Talisman...you might see what I mean as you get further into it.

I'm currently reading Everything's Eventual. I read Little Sisters of Eluria first, then I started from the beginning and have so far read Autopsy Room Four and The Man in the Black Suit.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Blaze (of course) and am really liking it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished CHOKE by Chuck Palahniuk. I liked it but I liked SURVIVOR better - until I read the "story behind the story" at the end of CHOKE, that was really touching.

Now reading McSWEENY'S MAMMOTH TREASURY OF THRILLING TALES, edited by Michael Chabon. Great short stories.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went a little nuts in the bookstore tonight. I bought Blaze, Heart-Shaped Box and a collection of stories by HP Lovecraft (never read him). I figured I would ship Blaze to Will as a surprise, so I am trying to plow through really quickly before 5pm tomorrow when it goes in the box...so I really should be reading and not on this here damn internet!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going to buy heart shaped box today, but didn't in favour of actually buying a father's day gift with my money Let me know if you'd recommend it though!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only heard good things about Heart Shaped Box.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks FP - me too...although I can't remember where or from who Neil Gaiman wrote the intro though, so its gotta be pretty hot.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok so I started Blaze last night. I'm about 120 pages into it. I'm supposed to be shipping it to my husband 3000 miles away in about 2 hours. No way I can finish it. So should I send him the Heart-Shaped Box instead and just keep bLAZE FOR myself until I finish it? Which is better? I'm pretty invested in Blaze right now, but I know if I ship HSB, I'll never read it. Crap, crap.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by She-Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by towerguard View Post
    I still refuse to read Harry Potter even though I'd probably like it...

I'm being stubborn.
    We're on the same boat.
    This boat's getting bigger. I've never read them either, and for shame, I have an 8 year-old. I have no clue why I haven't read them, I actually have the first two. They just sit there on the bookshelf, looking pretty.
    My sister has the first two sitting on her shelf. Everytime I see them I get the urge to just pick them up off the shelf and start pounding my way through them, but my pride/stubborness keeps me from doing so.
    Apparently I'm really not supposed to read Harry Potter. Last night I decided to finally break down and read the first book outloud to Drew. He was excited (although he informed me that it wouldn't be AS exciting because he had already seen the movies), but regardless, we were going to start on this literary journey together. I had the bags packed and ready to go. I go to the bookshelf to grab it, and IT'S GONE! DISAPPEARED! VANISHED! I checked Drew's room, wasn't there, checked my room and a box of books that we've already packed up....GONE GONE GONE.

I wonder if it's a sign...LOL

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got to finish Gates of Fire (Thanks JB!) and am pondering whether to read Fever's Dream or give in and starting the HP series; and if hipocrosy has anything to say about it it will most likely be the latter

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

I finally got to finish Gates of Fire (Thanks JB!) and am pondering whether to read Fever's Dream or give in and starting the HP series; and if hipocrosy has anything to say about it it will most likely be the latter
    *shakes fist*

you will if you know what's good for you.

i finished the invaders plan and am currently reading volume 2, black genesis.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished McSWEENEY'S MAMMOTH TREASURY OF THRILLING TALES. There are some excellent stories in that book.

I've now started DREAMCATCHER - another on the long list of King books that I have not yet read.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I am currently reading the Dark Tower (well re-reading and I got about 200 pages to go). But after, the next Dune book (Sandworms of Dune, by Brian Herbert), then the final Harry Potter book, and then the latest Tolkien (Children of Huron).
    Last edited by Mordred Deschain; 06-21-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: mispell

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, although a lot of people don't like it, I loved Dreamcatcher, I even named two of my cats after characters from it.

I'm currently reading Lisey's Story. I hate to say it, but I'm having a really hard time getting into it. It just hasn't grabbed me yet like most all of King's other books do. I'm going to finish it, but I hate to say it, if it had been any other author besides King, I'd have set it aside by now. For those of you who have read it, does it just have a slow start and get better or am I just nuts?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

i had a hard time getting fully into it as well Erin
    but, in the end i liked it...
    i can't say you'd have the same experience but
    there are some neat things that develop.
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Tamez. It is starting to get a bit more interesting now with the threatning call Lisey got from "Zack McCool".
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everythings Eventual

currently on Little Sisters

It's my first time reading this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 714 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast