Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 700 of 713 FirstFirst ... 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 ... LastLast
Results 17,476 to 17,500 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Wow, that's a massive undertaking/commitment!

I read the series back in 2008/2009 but haven't revisited it (unless you count reading The Wind Through the Keyhole when it came out). It's just so daunting, especially when there's so many other books I haven't read yet--both King and non-King. The Wastelands is one of my favorites, though, so I'm glad you're enjoying it.
    It IS a massive undertaking.

I don't know, for some reason I just felt it calling my name. I was in the mood to read King, but not necessarily "feeling" the other unread King books on my shelf.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I decided to do an entire reread of The Dark Tower series.
    I figured I would cover that as they arose in my general chronological re-read of most of King, but that is taking too long, so I may need to do a 1-7 re-read...but I would not look forward to that at all; the fact is, I may never be able to push myself to do it.
    The truth is, while I'm enjoying it immensely right now, the pessimistic part of my brain is afraid I'm gonna get to Song of Susannah and regret my choice to reread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I decided to do an entire reread of The Dark Tower series.
    I figured I would cover that as they arose in my general chronological re-read of most of King, but that is taking too long, so I may need to do a 1-7 re-read...but I would not look forward to that at all; the fact is, I may never be able to push myself to do it.
    I've done it on audio, and it was quite enjoyable.

HBJ
    I really wish I could enjoy audio books. I thought it could be better to enjoy my "reread" on audio, but I've found that I don't pay attention to the story if someone is reading it to me.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Song of Susannah is one of my favorite in the series!

And I feel exactly the same about audio books.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

It's not that I have anything against Song of Susannah. I'm just worried I'll lose my reading momentum by that time. haha

Ricky, I'm jealous of people who can enjoy audio books. I just find that my mind wanders if I'm not reading the story myself.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently rereading the DT series, too. Currently at "The Song of Susannah" - 7th Stanza.

Having just finished "Wolves of the Calla"and knowing what King has written since then brought back the momentum to me. Seeds of ideas planted waiting to germinate.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not that I have anything against Song of Susannah. I'm just worried I'll lose my reading momentum by that time. haha

Ricky, I'm jealous of people who can enjoy audio books. I just find that my mind wanders if I'm not reading the story myself.
    Yeah, I gotcha. 6 books in and you think, "Nah, I think I'm gonna stop here."

And my mind wanders, too. Just like church when the priest is talking and my mind wanders to what I'm having for dinner.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Audio books definitely take time to get used to but I wonder how I ever lived without them now. I always have one playing in my truck. I've always enjoyed being read to so maybe that's the difference for me. On the other hand, there is not other experience like reading a book yourself. I just don't take the time anymore to do so.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love audiobooks. I find the best time to listen to them is while I'm driving. I'll sometimes listen at work, so long as I'm doing something mindless. However I can not listen to them while I'm at home. I get way too distracted then. I'll save home time for physically reading, and audiobooks for driving
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is an awesome book. Awesome.

Hopefully, Amanda will realize it as soon as she gets to it this time. It just can't fail to happen..

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just started Outlander on audio. I have yet to see the show, although I know many are obsessed with it. I'll probably start it after I finish the book. I'm also making my way through If It Bleeds. So far I've read Mr. Harrigan's Phone, and Life of Chuck. Really enjoyed both so far, especially Life of Chuck, what a great story. I think the Holly story might be next? Not positive but if so I'm going to skip ahead and read the other one next and save Holly for the end since I'm not a fan of hers.

Country
    Country Flag

The Holly story was my favorite! I loved it so much. After that, Life of Chuck, which I really loved as well. Mr. Harrigan's Phone was one I enjoyed, but it was a little slow and could've been shorter. I kept thinking something was going to happen and it really didn't. Rat was probably my least favorite.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Holly story was my favorite! I loved it so much. After that, Life of Chuck, which I really loved as well. Mr. Harrigan's Phone was one I enjoyed, but it was a little slow and could've been shorter. I kept thinking something was going to happen and it really didn't. Rat was probably my least favorite.
    I forget, are you a fan of Holly? I can't stand her, and I hated all of the Mr. Mercedes books. I enjoyed The Outsider in the beginning but then the rest of the story went drastically downhill. I imagine it'll be like those, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I am. I love her but I can understand why other readers wouldn't. I think I remember you saying you enjoyed parts of The Outsider, but I don't recall you saying you hated all the Mr. Mercedes books!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yeah, I am. I love her but I can understand why other readers wouldn't. I think I remember you saying you enjoyed parts of The Outsider, but I don't recall you saying you hated all the Mr. Mercedes books!
    Well in fairness I haven't read the third book. But that's because I hated the first two so much

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I guess that's a good reason.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Holly was fine when she was first introduced and was a minor character compared to what she is now. King's obsession with her boggles my mind. Like all things, she has her supporters and I know plenty of people dislike Insomnia and it is one of my favorite King books. Different strokes and all that jazz.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Lisey's Story FTW......

Hehe
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Holly was fine when she was first introduced and was a minor character compared to what she is now. King's obsession with her boggles my mind. Like all things, she has her supporters and I know plenty of people dislike Insomnia and it is one of my favorite King books. Different strokes and all that jazz.
    I agree with this entire statement. I LOVED Insomnia and will never forget that ending when I found out it was DT related. Never. And Holly? Don’t get it. She isn’t fun, interesting or captivating in any way. Don’t get why King keeps using her!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I agree with this entire statement. I LOVED Insomnia and will never forget that ending when I found out it was DT related. Never. And Holly? Don’t get it. She isn’t fun, interesting or captivating in any way. Don’t get why King keeps using her!
    I like Holly but, as I think I might have said elsewhere, it has a lot to do with Will Patton's performance on the audiobook. He brings her to life in a way that makes her seem realistic.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree. I listened to the trilogy on audible due to time constraints, and I really enjoy her character.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started The Summer that Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel.

I can tell she has a background in poetry. I'm loving her prose. Enthralling read so far.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

So I have begun my Halloween reads for the year. I've read The Demonologist about Ed and Lorraine Warren, and I just finished Harvest Moon by James A Moore. That book was so good, the perfect Halloween read. I just wish now that I had waited a bit closer to Halloween to read that one.

And currently I'm reading A Season with the Witch by JW Ocker. It's about a guy who moves his family to Salem for the month of Oct and embraces the Halloween season there. I've been out to Salem a few times and it's been a lot of fun, really bummed I won't be able to go this year.

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like you're off to a good start! I just looked up A Season with the Witch and it sounds pretty cool. I know there's no way I'm getting to anything more that I want to add to my list, but I'll add it anyway.

I finished Malorie and am going to start Lore today.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Let me know how Lore is. I've had A Season With the Witch on my Halloween reading list for a few years, so happy I'm finally getting to it. Will let you know how it is.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading, for the first time ever,

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 700 of 713 FirstFirst ... 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 ... LastLast