Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 714 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 464 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just read "Through My Thick Skull" by Mary Buttafuoco (sp.?).

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    ...Also reading The Graveyard Book, - Neil gaiman
    Love that book.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

it was very good, a little sad at the end. Just started on the Hunger book

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting on the reread of Game of Thrones. I haven't read this book since like the 90's and had to blow dust off of it. I will note that I had forgotten how good this series is.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I just read "Through My Thick Skull" by Mary Buttafuoco (sp.?).
    Is it autobiographical??? I am a hooooooooooooooooooooooooge true crime buff meself...
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Finished Game of Thrones last night....gonna start A Clash of Kings in a bit. Yay!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished the Tommyknockers. I liked it much better the second time I read it. I don't totally hate it as much as I used to, but it is not one of my favorite SK books.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Finished Game of Thrones last night....gonna start A Clash of Kings in a bit. Yay!
    Excellent. I think that by the time you finish the 5th novel the first season of the show will be out on dvd already, so you'll be able to catch up with the rest of us ! F'n A

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Haha!
    My sister has already promised to rent them on Netflix for me when it comes out.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am reading The Stolen Throne by David Gaider. It is set in the world of the Dragon Age video games. I love Dragon Age and it isn't bad so far, but it hasn't really grabbed my attention strongly yet. Hopefully a good hook hits soon.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I read The Graveyard Book lastnight and loved it. God I love Neil Gaiman.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Speaking of Neil Gaiman did you see the 8in8 thing he was a part of?

http://music.amandapalmer.net/album/nighty-night

Neil Gaiman, Ben Folds, Amanda Palmer and Damian Kulash were all in town for some sort of music industry thing and decided they would try to write create and distribute an 8 song album in 8 hours while they were waiting. It ended up being 6 in 12, but is still a pretty amazing accomplishment. Neil sings the song The Problem With Saints. You can listen to them all for free in the link above.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Wasn't it good? Very original, i loved the whole thing even the end that i thought was a little sad. I am having a break from Gaiman (reading The Hunger) but I am then going to read the Anansi Boys

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Sheltering Desert

The Sheltering Desert
    Henno Martin

http://www.amazon.com/Sheltering-Des.../dp/0868521507

two German Scientists / Geologists flee from the inevitability the internment camp into the Namib desert, during WW2, The book is more about the many intellectual discussions they had during their solitude than "escape and survival"

They ingeniously figured out how to make the desert provide for them in abundance.

From an Amazon review:
    escape" is not really the main theme. Neither is "survival", because as strange as it may appear, they often had too much to eat in that desert, even if they spent a few hungry weeks during an exceptionally long lasting drought. The real value of this book lies in the abundance of biological, zoological, geological, meteorological and social observations in one of the most arid places of the world. You will learn an incredible amount of details about animals, plants, insects... and meteorology that no one ever witnessed. But there is also the philosophical exchange between the two men/"

After you read the book, you can hop on Google Earf and see the exact spot where they lived in that desert canyon it's a mighty good read, and though I recommend the print copy, it is available for free as an ebook download as the copyright was never renewed.
    -Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I'm finishing: "All I Ever Needed to Know About Life I Learned From Watching Star Trek"

Just read "Postcards from a Death Girl" which was great

"Last song of Orpheus" AMAZING

"Hull Zero Three" by Greg Bear which was too confusing and written more like a movie than a story

"The Good Divorce"

"Emotions, can you trust them?"

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Worried

I'm reading any self-help book I can get my hands on, and I'm still reading "Just After Sunset" and "The Men Who Stare at Goats" and "Hex Hall".

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Peter Straub's 'Ghost Story' yesterday, my first Straub book and i loved it

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading any self-help book I can get my hands on, and I'm still reading "Just After Sunset" and "The Men Who Stare at Goats" and "Hex Hall".
    I'm sorry ...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading any self-help book I can get my hands on
    try some Bridget Jones (Helen Fielding), it's good for perspective - especially the second book

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I took a break from reading SK and read No Country for Old Men by Cormac McMarthy. This book was so suspenseful and amazing that I had to finish it all in one night. (I stayed up until 3 a.m to finish it.)
    I enjoyed the book. Some parts of the book was confusing. It seemed that a lot of key plot elements were left out or kept in the background. You had to "guess" at what had happened. I am still not sure if
    Spoiler:
    Anton Chigurh was put on Death Row, or if he got away in the car crash. I am not sure if Anton Chigurh was caught at the hotel by Bell. Did someone else go to jail for all of Anton Chigurh's crimes?

If anybody read the book, maybe we could discuss it.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In anticipation of his upcoming episode in just over a week for the greatest show ever, I'm currently reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. As expected, from having previously read Anansi Boys, it is really awesome so far, even though i'm only about 50 pages in. He really has an amazing way of taking some of the oldest and greatest stories and bringing them into the modern day whilst still retaining their magic.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the best that helped me was "The Road Less Travelled" by Scott Peck. REALLY helped me put my problemas de amor into perspective
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I'm sorry ...
    This made me laugh out loud! I guess I don't have a sense of full perspective on the book yet because I've only just finished Gingerbread Girl and am moving onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I'm reading any self-help book I can get my hands on
    try some Bridget Jones (Helen Fielding), it's good for perspective - especially the second book
    Thank you sai, big big!

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    One of the best that helped me was "The Road Less Travelled" by Scott Peck. REALLY helped me put my problemas de amor into perspective
    Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just trying to get stronger, and to find the way that I never end up with anyone who doesn't really love me. And to find self-satisfaction - which I really don't think I'm that far from - and self-esteem and to figure out if I'm codependent or just a selfless giving person. But even being a selfless giving person, I have to learn to not feel like I'm being selfish when I do things for myself...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 714 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 464 ... LastLast