Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 603 of 714 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 703 ... LastLast
Results 15,051 to 15,075 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading two novels at the same time, which is something I've never done before - about halfway through 'The Woman In Black', which is excellent so far. The atmosphere is amazing, and the characters are very well drawn. Started 'The Hatching', last night. 50 pages in, and it's very enjoyable. But, it could definetly still go either way.
    Also read a couple of SK shorts, both were excellent - 'The Road Virus Heads North', and '1408'.
    Lincoln.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Picked up all 6 volumes of Locke & Key today at the library. Really looking forward to diving into 'em. Also making my way through TBOBD.
    If you have never read these before you are in for a GREAT treat. So jealous of you right now

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Jumped back into my re-read of The Wastelands until I decide what to pick up next.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Picked up all 6 volumes of Locke & Key today at the library. Really looking forward to diving into 'em. Also making my way through TBOBD.
    If you have never read these before you are in for a GREAT treat. So jealous of you right now
    My first time through, Josh and I'm loving it so far! I'm slowly collecting the single issue comics and variants of the series and thought, hey, might actually want to read this thing .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Jumped back into my re-read of The Wastelands until I decide what to pick up next.
    I didn't enjoy that book at all in the series. Glad it's getting some love from some one .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I didn't enjoy that book at all in the series. Glad it's getting some love from some one .
    Really? It's one of my favorites from the series. Jake/Roland struggling with the clash of memories involving one another and both feeling like they were going crazy until the moment where they are finally reunited with each other?! I remember being so excited the first time I read Wastelands because it felt like the first time we see that Roland is capable of having real emotion and love in his heart for something other than the tower.

Country
    Country Flag

Really? It's one of my favorites from the series. Jake/Roland struggling with the clash of memories involving one another and both feeling like they were going crazy until the moment where they are finally reunited with each other?! I remember being so excited the first time I read Wastelands because it felt like the first time we see that Roland is capable of having real emotion and love in his heart for something other than the tower.
    Yea, just didn't do anything for me personally. My favs in the series are TDOTT & W&G. I have the omnibus comics but haven't read 'em yet. Nor have I read TWTTK. Something I really should get to.

Yea, just didn't do anything for me personally. My favs in the series are TDOTT & W&G. I have the omnibus comics but haven't read 'em yet. Nor have I read TWTTK. Something I really should get to.
    The Drawing of the Three is the best, no doubt.
    I have SO much to catch up on with the comics. I'm torn between feeling compelled to catch up and being comforted in knowing that I've got such a huge catalog of DT stuff to read when I need that tower fix one day.
    You should give Wind Through the Keyhole a go one day. It's really good and can stand on its own apart from Dark Tower.

Country
    Country Flag

The Drawing of the Three is the best, no doubt.
    I have SO much to catch up on with the comics. I'm torn between feeling compelled to catch up and being comforted in knowing that I've got such a huge catalog of DT stuff to read when I need that tower fix one day.
    You should give Wind Through the Keyhole a go one day. It's really good and can stand on its own apart from Dark Tower.
    I have my good ole BC copy and several collectable copies of TWTTK so no excuse not too. I honestly just keeping forgetting about it . I have several King books that I have yet to get to. But like ya said, not a bad thing when a King or DT fix is needed .

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Hey Zelig, I have 'Used & Rare', but haven't read it yet. 'The Man Who Loved Books Too Much' is a fantastic read. Haven't heard of 'The House of 20,000 Books', will check it out.
    Lincoln.
    I'm reading this one now (The Man Who Loved Books Too Much) and got a laugh out of this. It's a quote from one of the collectors being discussed in the book.

I have been buying avidly both 20th century first-hand account nonfiction titles and photographic monographs in these areas for more than 10 years. I am only interested in books in fine condition. In this regard I am as nerdy as your regular Stephen King freaks.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just goes to show you how opinions vary. Wizard and Glass is my least favorite (struggled to get through it) and Wastelands is one of my favorites.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just goes to show you how opinions vary. Wizard and Glass is my least favorite (struggled to get through it) and Wastelands is one of my favorites.
    Yes, Sir. That it does.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John Scalzi - Lock In. Very cool s.f. with a modern feel to it
    Cronin - City of Mirrors. 200 pages to go. Pretty good but that block of nearly 200 pages on you-know-whose life seemed to drag on and on.

Traveler Chris is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else reading Joe Abercrombie's latest book 'Sharp Ends'?

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit surprised at how much I'm enjoying 'The Hatching'. About 3/4 of the way through, and I can't put it down.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I started and finished My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix in a day. I'm very impressed. I passed on his Horrorstor because it seemed gimmicky. I almost passed on this too but changed my mind after only a chapter. This book will pull you right in.

I'm reading Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz. The next few books I'll be reading are all novels published in 2016.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished the malazan book of the fallen series today. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What?!?! Blaine the pain train does not accept this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

I don't often read two books concurrently but right now I'm reading So, Anyway..., the autobiography of John Cleese and after many years of planning to read it I finally started Catch-22.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I started and finished My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix in a day. I'm very impressed. I passed on his Horrorstor because it seemed gimmicky. I almost passed on this too but changed my mind after only a chapter. This book will pull you right in.
    Sounds interesting, just added it to my list.

Finished The Fireman. Not sure why I've heard things about bad reviews because I really enjoyed it. The ending was a little flat for me, but maybe I'm used to that with his dad, that it didn't bother me.

Might read an old King book next. Was going to reread Salems Lot for a bookclub this week, but I don't think I'll finish it in time, so might re-read It or maybe one I haven't read yet.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think my next King is going to be Eyes of the Dragon. Haven't read that one yet but have heard good things from the people here.

Just finished The Bad Seed (loved the movie, but the book was pretty slow and a little overwritten), and started The Amityville Horror. After that it might be Blake Crouch's new one. Still haven't gotten around to reading The Fireman, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

After that it might be Blake Crouch's new one.
    Is it out yet? Dark Matter, right? I have it on preorder somewhere - I'm really looking forward to it!

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, it comes out on the 26th. I've read some good reviews, so I'm hoping it's good. At least better than Run. *ahem* Heather.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yep comes out this week I believe. Maybe I'll hold off and read that one next.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think my next King is going to be Eyes of the Dragon. Haven't read that one yet but have heard good things from the people here.

Just finished The Bad Seed (loved the movie, but the book was pretty slow and a little overwritten), and started The Amityville Horror. After that it might be Blake Crouch's new one. Still haven't gotten around to reading The Fireman, though.
    EOTD and Amityville Horror are great reads! Both drew me in and held on great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 603 of 714 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 703 ... LastLast