Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 714 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 468 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still on The Stand but just picked up a couple books to get the first half of my summer reading in order. I got a Purple Place for Dying (the third Travie McGee book) for after The Stand, Salem's Lot for after this book AND The Best of H.P. Lovecraft to begin right now in supplement to my novel reading (this was due to Beam's suggestion, so thank you for that Beam )
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I wish I could be as definite about # 3

#1. It
    #2. The Stand, uncut
    #3. Desperation, Black House, Duma Key
    So Lisey's Story is out for now?

sk

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Schindler's List.

and top three are:
    1.It
    2.The Stand(uncut)
    3.Pet Sematary
    Sloth Love Chunk

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just read:

Hex Hall
    Demon Glass
    The Forest of Hands and Teeth
    Zombies Don't Cry

and I liked them all!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I wish I could be as definite about # 3

#1. It
    #2. The Stand, uncut
    #3. Desperation, Black House, Duma Key
    So Lisey's Story is out for now?

sk
    alas...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I was so pleased to see him return to his roots a bit with Mister B. Gone...
    How does that novel stack up against his other work ? I've mostly read lukewarm responses from critics , but Barker's fans seem to love it.
    I love it. It's a first person telling of a demon possessing a book... the book you're reading! It's very Clive and is a fast read. I'd recommend it.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I am reading evermore... I have my suspicions this is another twilight like story but don't ruin it for me if you haven't read them yet!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am reading Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs. It is the second in a series of urban fantasy books that focuses on a woman named Mercy Thompson who is a coyote skinwalker that was raised among werewolves. It is a pretty good series so far. I think that anyone who likes The Dresden Files would probably enjoy this series.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

I am reading words on a computer screen. on this very site, no less. in correlation to the topic of this thread, amazingly enough. if barnes & nobles were as varied in author as they are large in architectural scope i would currently be enjoying the final volume in Kate Elliott's 'Crossroads' trilogy, but alas, I am forced to subsist on the random semantics and meanderings of my fellow internet trolls.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Twas a birthday gift. Apparently it's one of last century's defining novels, and judging by reviews/impressions by both fans and critics alike it seems to be almost universally loved. Will post my impressions once I've completed it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sorry to say this, but bears' opinion is exactly the opposite... but we might talk when you're through

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

After finishing 'The Spear' which i loved i'm now on 'The Fog' by James Herbert

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it, brother bear. It's a relatively quick read so I'll be shooting you a pm soon.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished A Game of Thrones and reading the 2nd book now... Absolutely loved it!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent. Are you watching the show as well ?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

quick question, I dont want to go into any of the other thread for fear of spoilers

Are the books called Game of Thrones or Fire and ice?

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

candy: The series is called A Song of Ice and Fire. A Game of Thrones is the first book.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

excellent, thank you

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what you're looking for

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm finally reading DT 7.

Spoiler:
    I had to stop the other day when both Eddie & Jake were killed. Haven't read it since... I guess I need to push through.

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Excellent. Are you watching the show as well ?
    Yep, the first episode got me excited to finish the first book... I had taken a break a quarter way through. The series is excellent so far!

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    I'm finally reading DT 7.

Spoiler:
    I had to stop the other day when both Eddie & Jake were killed. Haven't read it since... I guess I need to push through.
    Yes... please do

You have no idea (assuming you have not come across the spoiler in your time posting here) what is in store. Anything is possible, (I'm not sure how to do spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Jake has already been lost to the ka-tet before and came back.

I suggest you "push on", finish it and let us all know what you think about it in the DT7 fourm so we can discuss (though I have not read it in quite sometime hah)
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Click this symbol -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 368 of 714 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 468 ... LastLast